Demo crashes on startup after I changed resolution and fullscreen options.

Hi guys,

So I downloaded the demo of KSP from Steam. It downloaded fine and ran ok the first time I opened it. It opened in windowed mode so I pressed ALT+Enter and it entered fullscreen mode fine. I think the default resolution is 1280x720 and my laptop is 1920x1080 so before getting into the game I opened the settings and graphics options and changed the resolution to the maximum setting which I think is 1920x7

The screen went black and froze and all I could do is move the cursor. I tried pressing the windows button and ALT+TAB to get out and even tried ALT+CONTROL+DEL and CTRL+SHIFT+DEL but nothing happens. The only way out was to hold the power button on my laptop until it turns off. Now everytime I open the game it just goes to this black screen with the cursor. tried this several times but the same thing happens.

I tried edited the Settings.cfg file to change Fullscreen to False and to change to a smaller resolution but it just opens with the same black screen every time.

I also uninstalled through Steam, deleted any remaining KSP files and folders off my computer and reinstalled through Steam again but it just always opens with the frozen black screen.

I'm at a loss as to what to do now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KSP Version: Demo Build Number: 49515 downloaded from Steam

My Specs: Acer Aspire V Nitro Black Edition, Acer VN7-592G Intel Core i7, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 960M

What Happens: After changing resolution crashes on startup to black screen with movable cursor.

Mods / Add-Ons: None

Edited by brownsavo

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have the same problem. My specs :

Dell i7, 16 gb ram, GF GTX 960M Win 10 pro 64 bit. Sometimes this game launches (after about 5-10 tries). But I can't buy full version if it will be crashing every time :(

Edited by ukk98

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.