[1.1.3] Green Skull Inc. Custom Design Spacesuits - v0.39 - 29th June 16

Dr. Kriger

INTRODUCING CUSTOM DESIGN SPACESUITS BY GREEN SKULL INC. - v0.39 -

Images

Mission Statement:

To provide total Kerbal customization on whole new levels - Currently in excess of 250+ textures!

I introduce to you the Kerbonauts from the Kerbal States, Kosmonauts from the Koviet Union and Custom Spacesuits! With this mod you will be able to customize your Kerbals with special EVA and IVA spacesuits, helmets, visors and more inspired by real life astronauts and cosmonauts. Have your very own space race right here in Kerbal Space Program.

Play stock? No problem the KSP pack will bring you different KSP badged spacesuits, helmets and the same custom visors as the rest. How about packs consisting of spacesuits inspired by famous films? Kerbalgeddon for the ARM pack! KSO Shuttle Suits! Professor Phineas Kerbenstein's Wonderous Vertical Propulsion Emporium Steam punk divers style suit!

Original base texture design by Proot - this is an extension of his most excellent Pimp My Kerbals

The download contains the excellent TextureReplacer provided by Shaw, pre-loaded with textures so its ready to go.

Current pack version is 1.4.2 Compatible with KSP 1.1.3:

Yes there may possibly be bugs. Yes some of the textures need work. No there will be no more packs or textures in the foreseeable future.

Release v0.38: Update to TextureReplacer v1.4.1 Includes new file structure, reduced size downloads but still with same textures. Fixed flag issue. Added IVA suits to FASA and KSO packs. Now if you are flying a FASA Gemini pod, the awesome Apollo LEM or the excellent KSO in those packs your kerbals should all be wearing the correct IVA suits. When you exit your character will be wearing the default suit for them. In the case of KSO as standard it's KSP suits but this is easily changed. Full instructions can be found by reading the enclosed README file or available to download seperately HERE. As a bonus all packs now come with the G.S.I. black / green suits.

Release v0.39: Update to TextureReplacer v2.4.14

Currently available for download:

FASA Pack v0.39 - Spacedock. - The FASA pack for use with FASA spacecraft - Including mission patches from Mercury, Gemini and Apollo.

Kerbal States Pack v0.39 - Spacedock. - The Kerbal States pack. Includes the Kerbalgeddon film suits and Mercury, Gemini and Apollo missions!

Koviet Union Pack v0.39 - Spacedock. - The Koviet Union pack. Includes mission patches from Voshtok, Soyuz, Salyut and MiR

KSO Pack v0.39 - Spacedock. - The KSO pack for use with the excellent KSO shuttle and stations. Includes Phase 1 and 2 Suits and helmets, KSP standard pack plus bonus kerbalgeddon suits for use on asteroid redirect missions involving the KSO!

KSP Pack v0.39 - Spacedock. - The KSP pack for use with standard installs and non Kerbonaut, Kosmonaut or other missions.

Steam Punk Pack v0.39 - Spacedock. - The Steam Punk Pack is the latest available for use with Professor Phineas Kerbenstein's Wonderous Vertical Propulsion Emporium! Also includes KSP standard pack.

PLEASE READ THE README FILE IN THE DOWNLOAD FOR INSTRUCTIONS OF HOW TO USE

Legal

Original Thread

TextureReplacer is issued with permission from Shaw

Distributed under this licence https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer#licence

Original texture design by Proot

All textures are altered by Green Skull and distributed under this licence

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/deed.en_US

Patches on spacesuits come from http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

or are designed by Green Skull to represent but not copy originals.

FASA logo's used with permission from frizzank

Sippyfrog's skybox contributed by Sippyfrog.

Notes from Dr. Kriger:

Green Skull's suit textures were my favorite back when he was still working on them. Any time I decided to re-install KSP and download some mods his was one of the first I went to. Unfortunately it seems that Green Skull hasn't been online in nearly 6 months. I noticed that people (including me) were still trying to download his suit packs even after the download links stopped working. It is possible to get his packs straight from his forum post however this requires a work around. I decided to update and re-upload his packs to Spacedock. From what I can tell based on my limited knowledge of distribution licenses and what I've read on the forums, it seems like this is perfectly acceptable to do. If it turns out that I am not allowed to do this I will remove all uploads ASAP. I will do my best to make sure the packs remain functional as more KSP updates are released.

Edited by Dr. Kriger

10 hours ago, vavord said:

Wonderful! But the textures made by Green Skull for KSP 0.23.5 are still working.

Though I will check this out. Downloading.

I was having issues with them in 1.1.3, sometimes they would work and sometimes they wouldn't. After updating TextureReplacer to the latest version I no longer had the issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I repackaged GreenSkull's original textures into a TRR-compatible archive.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_LTOcS7EtOycEgya0FYOERZY2s

Note that I only spent the time to convert the actual different textures and not the hundreds of duplicates with different decals.
This means: KSP, GreenSkullInc, and SteamPunk.

• 2 years later...
On 11/1/2017 at 3:40 AM, Electrocutor said:

I repackaged GreenSkull's original textures into a TRR-compatible archive.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_LTOcS7EtOycEgya0FYOERZY2s

Note that I only spent the time to convert the actual different textures and not the hundreds of duplicates with different decals.
This means: KSP, GreenSkullInc, and SteamPunk.

can anyone please please please make this work with 1.7 + models?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/6/2020 at 4:56 PM, Hinkypunk said:

I hope someone also will update the FASA Suits. I tried, but I'm not really good in editing textures. 

I'm working on it this week....any  helpers, or they might look like this: (I edited @Chubby_Hamster's work)

E115wKa.pngJ1Gc6gy.png

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.