[1.1.3] K.R.X Kerbal Rotor Expansion 0.31.1

Eskandare

17 hours ago, Moezso said:

Quick question for Eskandare or anyone who knows for that matter, will these work on Eve? I have an idea for a rover descent...

Nope, requires intake air.

On 7/20/2016 at 11:57 AM, Deimos Rast said:

Reposting from Thermonuclear thread:

If you're looking for more things to add to an update, you could look at mass and cost/entryCost. All your parts pretty much have the same values for those entries. Not the end of the world (and I suspect it might be an inherited issue from KAX :P), but, meh.

What's the purpose of "FSengineMenuCleaner" by the way?

FYI: Your Imgur albums seem broken, which I suspect is due to Imgur recently overhauling their site.

There are many balancing, and tweaks needed to be done. 

Not entirely sure, it seems to be another component of firespitter. I may just remove it, ie: rem it out.

On 7/22/2016 at 5:20 AM, ValCab33 said:

Really nice mod, I love the co-axial rotor !

Do you plan on adding a fenestron ? That would be awesome !

KAX or Firespitter has one, I forget which atm.

On 7/22/2016 at 5:03 AM, Eskandare said:

Nope, requires intake air.

Thanks, I was actually about to enter Eve's atmosphere with a craft to test it myself. It seems Seanlin will need to be rescued now, as he has no way of getting down to the Eve base. On the plus side I found a folding electric rotor (Firespitter I think) that should do the trick nicely and not need as big a fairing. Time to design Helirover MkII.

1 hour ago, DrLicor said:

I'm really in love with this mod, especially with the Osprey engines.

But anyone having the problem that the engine stalls when you go faster than 200m/s...?

Any rotating wing or propeller should not be able to approach the speed of sound.. I'll have to look up my college notes for the exact formula, but generally an aircraft using those rotors shouldn't be going to where the air surface of the blades stall.

200m/s is 388 knots (447mph or 720kph) the real Osprey VNE (Velocity Never Exceed) is somewhere about 360mph (160 m/s).

With that being said, I do need to put new curves on the Osprey rotors.

12 minutes ago, DeepSlayLP said:

Will you add the ability for rotors to be folded like on an aircraft carrier? Especially since you added the SeaKing rotor.

This, I have been pondering. I haven't tried it yet to see if it is possible, also the issue is that the blades have a variable stopping position, the animation would have a specific direction to fold, ao the blades may fold sideways. Animations do work with firespitter, since the Back Draft engine animates its turbine blade heat in my Thermonuclear Turbines mod.

13 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

This, I have been pondering. I haven't tried it yet to see if it is possible, also the issue is that the blades have a variable stopping position, the animation would have a specific direction to fold, ao the blades may fold sideways. Animations do work with firespitter, since the Back Draft engine animates its turbine blade heat in my Thermonuclear Turbines mod.

I wonder if looking at the folding electric rotor in FS would yield any helpful info? Now that beeing said. You haven't setup the Osprey / SeaKing as an actual "Rotor" but as an engine correct? So this would require a substantial change to how your rotors work. But that would be a proof of concept at the very least.

on a side note. I can't thank you enough for giving my Osprey some proper rotors! Thank you!

Edited by V8jester

42 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

maybe set up a default position they get put on so that you can make sure they fold properly.

2 hours ago, V8jester said:

I wonder if looking at the folding electric rotor in FS would yield any helpful info? Now that beeing said. You haven't setup the Osprey / SeaKing as an actual "Rotor" but as an engine correct? So this would require a substantial change to how your rotors work. But that would be a proof of concept at the very least.

on a side note. I can't thank you enough for giving my Osprey some proper rotors! Thank you!

[AWESOME VIDEO HERE]

@V8jester  That! Yes! That is an AWESOME video! May I put your video on the OP?

And with that, a preview of more Fenestron!

9LG61eP.png

21 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

@V8jester  That! Yes! That is an AWESOME video! May I put your video on the OP?

And with that, a preview of more Fenestron!

9LG61eP.png

:) Thanks! And you can absolutely use my video, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Just a side not though. I did increase max thrust to 412 in order to lift all that, along with the use of some KAX engines for smoke / extra power.

Edited by V8jester

3 minutes ago, V8jester said:

:) Thanks! And you can absolutely use my video, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Just a side not though. I did increase max thrust to 412 in order to lift all that, along with the use of some KAX engines for smoke / extra power.

Thank you, and in my next release I'll adjust the engines for more thrust.

Have any idea where I can find a clip of a fenestron rotor sound? I'm playing with combining a TIE Fighter with a tail rotor sound. It's good so far, just needs adjustment.

47 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

Thank you, and in my next release I'll adjust the engines for more thrust.

Have any idea where I can find a clip of a fenestron rotor sound? I'm playing with combining a TIE Fighter with a tail rotor sound. It's good so far, just needs adjustment.

May not be usable as there is a little bit of wind noise and it's not the best recording but it's good for a reference. And I assume you already know about YouTube to MP3 websites?

Edit:

Actually..... Could you consider making a Comanche rotor? I already have one built just the modified FS rotor looks a little delicate on top of it.

Edited by V8jester

13 minutes ago, V8jester said:

May not be usable as there is a little bit of wind noise and it's not the best recording but it's good for a reference. And I assume you already know about YouTube to MP3 websites?

Edit:

Actually..... Could you consider making a Comanche rotor? I already have one built just the modified FS rotor looks a little delicate on top of it.

Oh yes, and Audacity for audio mixing. So far, and quite oddly, the TIE Fighter mixed with a remixed tail rotor sounds like a Fenestron.

1 minute ago, Eskandare said:

Oh yes, and Audacity for audio mixing. So far, and quite oddly, the TIE Fighter mixed with a remixed tail rotor sounds like a Fenestron.

That was actually a really good idea I never would have thought to combine those two.

7 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Testing the new Fenestron tail rotor.

RlGfCeh.png

Now I can make news helicopters :)

Also, did you ask Darth Vader for those TIE Fighter sounds?

6 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Now I can make news helicopters :)

Also, did you ask Darth Vader for those TIE Fighter sounds?

At this point in time it isn't a TIE Fighter anymore. The sound bite has gone through several passes and remixed, it is a Fenestron now.

1 hour ago, Eskandare said:

At this point in time it isn't a TIE Fighter anymore. The sound bite has gone through several passes and remixed, it is a Fenestron now.

Lookin forward to hearing it. I'm really curious how it all melded together for the finished product.

13 hours ago, V8jester said:

Lookin forward to hearing it. I'm really curious how it all melded together for the finished product.

I just put it up, you can hear it for yourself. :D  I often hear the Coast Guard's Dolphine fly over head, so I think I'm close.

I love this mod.... I have a four rotor heavy lift chopper which possibly wouldn't fly without THROTTLE CONTROLLED AVIONICS mod....

The rotors mod and TCA are the best mods since sliced bread... in fact, you don't even need to make the chopper balanced... however, the only drawback, such as it is, is that you need more than one rotor/engine for TCA to work... not a problem if you want a heavy lift chopper... I have one chopper with 1 rotor and 4 jet VTOL engines... I use it as a scout and its range is awesome... it can travel a fair distance without refuelling.

I say this if anyone is having problems getting their efforts to work... and like I said, BOTH these mods in unison is utterly fantastic.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.