What is your favorite planet in KSP?

Kerbinchaser

what is your favorite planet and why?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. what is your favorite planet and why?

Poor Moho, so underrated. I actually like visiting it; in fact, it's often the first or second planet I send a probe to in my science mode saves. Its got a nice texture map and is great for science - high science multiplier and quite a lot of biomes. The downside is that, unless you leave at just the right time, your capture burns are going to be ridiculous.

I'd say that my favorite planets are Eve, Duna and Jool. Eve is awesome (especially since it's basically Trappist-1c), Duna is a nice place to visit for just about any type of mission, and Jool has an amazing moon system. Plus David Kipping may have found a Laythe analogue around Kepler-1625b, which makes the Jool system more realistic and much cooler!

Dres

I don't know why, but I just love dres

Some of my reasons:

- far enough to be considered challenging, yet simple enough in aesthetic to give me a warm, calming feeling

- the surface looks like asteroid or mun, make it easy to familiarize. Also, the aesthetic looks perfect for mining base

- easy to land and easy to take off there, and there's no moons that'll mess my orbital maneuvers

- no atmosphere, so I don't have to worry about reentry. Also, the terrain is mostly smooth and suitable for landing (except at those canyons)

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

Planet? Kerbin. Especially with cities and clouds. No other planet can I orbit just watching the terrain go by for fun.

I know exactly what you mean. Duna is nice, but Kerbin just looks amazing with SVE

EPX6l7e.png

Edited by severedsolo

Voted for Jool.

6x8r6Xg.jpg

Pros:

- Huge SOI, tiny orbital inclination. Can't miss it.
- It's green!
- Its system of moons makes it like going to another star.
- The moons are each so beautiful and different! Endless exploration fun.
- Pol and Bop make it really easy to refuel the ship.
- It has Laythe!

Cons:

- Tylo. It would be much better if Tylo was like Titan, with an atmosphere and diverse terrain. KSP lacks an yellow world, and Tylo just missed a chance to be one!

Generally, Jool wins - simply because it's not one planet, it's a six-pack.

Edited by Haruspex

Moho.

I love a good challenge. Depending on your angle and where Moho is in its orbit, insertion dV's have ranged from less than 3,000 to OVER 7,500 M/S in my experience. 

It's a good place to send a science lab because of how high its science multipliers are, and... man, who could forget the Mohole? Got a probe in there once and exploded about halfway to the bottom. 

Also Jeb loves cooking bacon on the hull of his pod in the heat.

Useless for gravity assists or refueling though.

Edited by Jack Joseph Kerman

On 7/27/2017 at 9:26 PM, Spaceman17 said:

i hate moho, specially cause its too much near to kerbol, and my kerbals hate the heat

yeah joool is wiining :sticktongue:

for that everyone voted for jool wins:

1000000:funds:

454:rep:

and

57775:science:

Yay! Because I like Jool too. Jool is the best because it's green! *Obviously*

16 minutes ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

Kerbin, because it was the only planet I have ever gotten to. In scieence mode with no cheats.

(I'm a complete noob when it comes to making rockets:P)

Oh don't worry, i'm sure you will make it :D 

As for my fav planet, it's Jool. Pretty self-explaining.

Edited by GenesisPlayz

On 13/07/2016 at 4:58 PM, String Witch said:

Jool. The dense microcosm surrounding it is the most beautiful and interesting area, plus it's easy to travel around. Pic below is with KASE, DOE, and Scatterer.

34553f2264.png

This picture reminds-me that i never landed a Kerbal on Vall for extended mission (rover + science base).. i landed one time for a touch-and-go  mission ( land, plant flag, go back to orbit)..... I think this will be my next thing to do in Kerbal! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.