The Grand "Imgur albums/links are broken" thread.

Bloojay

Hi, when I try to add an imgur album at the moment, it looks like the pop-up window asking for the Album ID isn't sending the data correctly to the post editing.

I end up with an A ref link as just Imgur Album (indented) that goes to http://imgur.com/{option},which isn't really helpful.  :-)

The html source added in is;

<div>
	<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" xml:lang="en">
		<a href="//imgur.com/%7Boption%7D" rel="external nofollow">Imgur Album.</a>
	</blockquote>
	</div>

So, to me, it looks like the button to add an imgur album is misbehaving.  I can't really confirm if it's browser based right now.  My current browser is Firefox 47.0.  Imgur is working OK in the same browser, but I do note they've changed their layout in the last few days.

1 hour ago, KasperVld said:

Looking into it a bit more the button is doing some very very strange things. I've removed the functionality until we figure it out

Thank you, I was wondering wear that button went. I hope you guys don't have to much trouble trying to fix it :)

4 hours ago, KasperVld said:

Looking into it a bit more the button is doing some very very strange things. I've removed the functionality until we figure it out

Awesome speedy response.  Or, seeing I posted the bug report type thing just before heading to bed, and it's been addressed when I got out of bed, it 's certainly fast enough for me.  :-)

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 1:54 AM, Vanamonde said:

I was invited to participate in the beta, said no, and somehow was enrolled in it anyway. Since then, I have not been able to upload pics at all. It says "1 image loading," but never actually does anything. 

As much as I like Imgur when it works, they have not been able to keep the site running consistently for more than a week or two at a time in the 4 years that I've been trying to use the place, and I am considering switching to another host. 

Somehow I'm in it too, and having the same problem uploading pictures.  Not happy at all with them!  :mad: 

45 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Just Jim, it's not a beta anymore. It's the new version of Imgur. 

Great.... so I guess tomorrow I look for somewhere else to upload pictures.  Because whatever Imgur did, it's seriously messed up, and I'm seriously not happy about it!!

Edited by Just Jim

Probably because it was broken.  It's never really worked right since the forum downgrade, but it recently got worse where it was cutting off the embedded 'app' and you could only see a very small portion of the image anyway.  So in the end it was no different than posting a link because you had to navigate to imgur to see the images anyway.

FYI: This inquiry is the sort of thing that belongs in the 'Network' forum.  'Suggestions and Dev Discussion" are for the game, not the forum.

Edited by Alshain