The Grand "Imgur albums/links are broken" thread.

Bloojay

@Red Iron Crown What about adding single images, using the "Insert Media..." button?... I thought I had used that successfully for posting single imgur images before?... I just tried to post a pic in a thread (which i tagged you in), and THAT seems to not work now?... Is that broken JUST for imgur, or will it work for other pic hosting sites?

Let me try.

Spoiler

IUR6xAC.png

IUR6xAC.png

Seems to work just fine using the "Direct link" imgur option (the one that ends in .png). I just pasted the URL in and it parsed it automatically. Works with the "Insert image from URL" thing in "Insert other media", too.

On 7/21/2016 at 10:56 AM, Van Disaster said:

Reasonable, but another site in beta is possibly another site which is going to break everything in future. Photobucket/Imageshack fell down the drain some time ago & Imgur is rapidly following, Did anyone look at Smugmug? it's mainly intended for photographers ( which is how I generally run across it ) and I've not checked any embedding options. I'll probably stick with Flickr ( which does do albums )  unless Yahoo meddle again, but it might be worth a look.

It's been like that for the past year, at least. It's literally just a simple image hosting site with no way to find things you've already uploaded - you've just got to keep the links around.

@KasperVldany chance of a button to embed Flickr albums as an alternative? they provide HTML embed URLs, didn't check the actual API.

( Also the user lookup via @ is completely bust on mobile devices, it does the lookup on the first character & never updates the list further - and you can't scroll it ).

Ok I might have missed something super obvious somewhere telling me how to do this, but I have no clue how to embed an album so it shows up in the post?

I've found some threads on it but they point to a little "I" button on the right hand side which doesn't seem to be there for me.

Any help?

Thanks

I need help for embedding and album to my post. I have the album ready, I just need to put it into my post. I have seen a few guides but they are all outdated or just don't work. Please help me.

Edited by RonnieThePotato

41 minutes ago, RonnieThePotato said:

I need help for embedding and album to my post. I have the album ready, I just need to put it into my post. I have seen a few guides but they are all outdated or just don't work. Please help me.

Um, Imgur just changed its format a few days ago -- so it was a little more challenging the last time I looked at it. Once you've uploaded the album, it gave you a link over at the side, right? Can you copy and paste that link here for us to try?

In general, however -- once you have a link that works, you click the button above "Submit Reply" on here, called "Insert other media" and select "Insert image from URL". Then you paste the link you got from imgur into the textbox that pops up.

Seems like after the format change, the albums are pretty borked on the KSP forums, I just went and looked at one I posted in another thread and it's not working at all anymore.

I'd say for the moment at least, that we can't use Imgur albums until they get fixed. Whether the problem is on SQUAD's end or Imgur's I can't say.

My recommendation is to put one example picture up and then link to the rest of the album for now.

Does anyone know why it has gone and if it will return?

How can we post Imgur albums now?

I found the answer..

Imgur changed code, broke our code, much sadness.

Here's to a fix folks!

Edited by Majorjim

27 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

The workaround I've found for single Imgur images is to copy the BBcode link from the dropdown menu-->get share links, paste it to the "insert other media" dialog box, and remove the tags.

Ta-Dah!

ivzhutR.jpgI haven't tried albums yet....

Um, Single Imgur images can be pasted straight into the forum if you use the "Direct Link" from Imgur - which has always been the case and still works.
This thread is about the problems with posting Imgur Albums into the forum. Which is broken, and has been temporarily disabled.

10 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Um, Single Imgur images can be pasted straight into the forum if you use the "Direct Link" from Imgur - which has always been the case and still works.
This thread is about the problems with posting Imgur Albums into the forum. Which is broken, and has been temporarily disabled.

Funny, the "direct link" option hasn't been working for me lately