K.N.S Fleet Air-Arm

This is the repository where i will be posting all my future navy aircrafts/helicopters.

These are the aircrafts that protect our fleets on the open seas. And are the ones that operate from our carriers.

Listing in here will work the same way as in the main post:

Info about this post:

Unfortunetly due to spoilers being a little broken (albums don't work), i won't be using them, so this could get quite long. (don't want to have a wall of 10 or so picks).

Doing separate post for each aircrafts (new ones) like i have done for my new ships will propably end up being the way to go. But the problem is, that i usually make a bunch of aircrafts in one go, so making something like 4-5 separate posts at once, seem very very dumb.

Also, if i put them on the comments, i can't categorise them, Darn.

I'll figure out something.

List of aircrafts:

Alright, i figured it would be best for me to just put my new planes on the comment section.

So, here is the LEGEND that i have been using on my aircrafts for a while now. All the crafts will be put under these categories.

I will include all the info under about the crafts under their own categories and a single pick. All the albums will be in a random order and won't be inside any spoilers.

Here are all the Categories. New ones may be added in the future and some may end up being unused for this project.

KF (Kerbal fighter). (includes Carrier, Land and Sea based aircrafts).

Spoiler

KF-44 Korsair: (didn't notice that i had already given the number 44 to the Sea Raider, oops).

jHYg2DH.png

Our fleets oldest Carrier aircraft with a very rich history, due to it's use in the KW-2 . This Nippy little fighter was used as an air-superiority fighter.

These days it is used for ground attack duties, since it's slow speeds and amazing manouverability makes it perfect for strafing runs and rocket barrages.

It might be a bit of an under dog when it comes to air-to-air combat, but in the right hands, it can take on anything. Watch out for missiles tough.

This one, as the name suggests, is based on the Vought F4U Corsair, but is still very much a custom design.

Top Speed: 90 m/s.

Stall speed: 25 m/s.

Armaments: 6 Machine guns, and 2 Hydra rocket pods.

Length: 9.3m.

Wingspan: 11.1m.

Height: 4.1m.

Fuel: 240/500 loaded.

Mass: 6.4 tons.

Parts: 51.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/do98cbwwfqxqzjy/KF-44 Korsair.craft?dl=0

KF-60 Gull:

haOaM99.png

The current trainer for our eager young air-force/navy pilots. It also works as a carrier aircraft.

Top Speed: 106 m/s.

Stall speed: 20 m/s.

Armaments: 6 Machineguns.

Length: 9.9m.

Wingspan: 12.2m.

Height: 4.3m.

Fuel:240/400 loaded.

Mass: 8 tons.

Parts: 67.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dm8i0rs6yyq18ty/KF-60 Gull.craft?dl=0

KLB (Kerbal light bomber).

KMB (Kerbal medium bomber).

KHB (Kerbal Heavy bomber).

KG (Kerbal Gunship). (C-130 Spooky style plane gunships fall under this name).

KAH (Kerbal armed helicopter).

Spoiler

KAH-75 Havock:

1PTYCZx.png

Our first ever venture into MIlitary helicopters. Easy to control and heavily armed, and as the name says, it will cause quite a lot of havock.

Even tough it has a cargo-bay, we don't suggest loading anything but Kerbals in it.

Top Speed: about 60 m/s.

Vertical speed in level flight at full thrust: about 5 m/s.

Max vertical speed: about 10 m/s. (nose slightly up).

Armaments: 2 Vulcan turrets, 2 rocket turrets, and two cruise-missiles.

Length: 32.7m.

Wingspan: 28.8m.

Height: 8.3m.

Fuel:2900/3000 loaded.

Mass: 50.3 tons.

Parts: 149.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zdetpgz95olbon/KAH-75 Havock.craft?dl=0

KSH (Kerbal ship/sub hunter). (Didn't want to use Kerbal seaplane since it would have been KSP). (Also works for non seaplane ship hunters).

Spoiler

KSH-590 Albatross:

4VfomWy.png

It like the Korsair, is a really old lady from the war days. Tough it's more a museum aircraft these days, it still is very super manouverable for an aircraft of its size. It makes for a perfect training aircraft, but also works as a bomber.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Don't fly this with no crew, or otherwise your controls will be inverted. To prevent this, you will need to click on one of the front command seats and say "control from here".

This one is heavily based on the He-59.

Top Speed: 90 m/s.

Stall speed: 18 m/s.

Armaments: 1 50.cal machinegun turret.

Length: 19.4m.

Wingspan: 28.2m.

Height: 9.4m. (without the Kerbal loading pod).

Fuel:1600/7130 loaded.

Mass: 40.9 tons.

Parts: 214.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cfxdvx8dw4wyxmv/KSH-590 Albatross.craft?dl=0

KSH-315 Sea Master:

738PgcF.png

The SeaMaster is a true monster of a seaplane. Well armed and very VERY manouverable for an aircraft of it's size, it will send a message they will never forget.

NOTE: When taking off from water, remember to tap S (nose needs to be pointed up in just the right way), this will allow you to get the required speed for takeoff. You'll know when you find that sweet spot.

Also, remember to put your boosters on (action group 1).

Top Speed: 130 m/s.

Stall speed: 35 m/s.

Armaments: 4 Chaingun turrets and 24 MK-82 bombs.

Length: 55.4m.

Wingspan: 66.3m.

Height: 12.5m.

Fuel:4560/58485 loaded.

Mass: 247 tons.

Parts: 626.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjl1oj22epyzqz1/KSH-315 SeaMaster.craft?dl=0

KSH-33 SeaSpotter:

xMumvIu.png

One of our mainstay AWACS aircrafts is the SeaSpotter. It's perfect for spotting aircrafts and ships, but that's about it.

It's a simple design that gets the job done.

This one is basically a Kerbalized version of the P-3 Orion.

Stall speed: 40 m/s.

Armaments: Unarmed.

Length: 28.4m.

Wingspan: 32.9m.

Height: 9.5m.

Fuel:1200/2160 loaded.

Mass: 34.6 tons.

Parts: 162.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lazgx0th1geunnq/KSH-33 Seaspotter.craft?dl=0

KRP (kerbal reconnaissance plane).

Spoiler

KRP-515 Pelican:

b0rmpGc.png

The Pelican started it's life as a Reconnaissance seaplane, that due to issues with water, got turned into a land variant instead.

With it's fighter like flight characteristics, it makes for a perfect light bomber/reconnaissance aircraft.

This one is slightly based on the He-115.

Stall speed: 30 m/s.

Armaments: 2 Machineguns and 1 50.cal turret.

Length: 15m.

Wingspan: 21.2m.

Height: 5.5m.

Fuel:400/1080 loaded.

Mass: 16.5 tons.

Parts: 168.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcl0zgnns33q86c/KRP-515 Pelican.craft?dl=0

KRP-56 Sea Hawk:

LlIK1IS.png

A small and nimble carrier based recon aircraft. Unarmed but super manouverable.

This one is  heavily based on the Curtiss Model 77 (SBC-Helldiver).

Top Speed: 95 m/s.

Stall speed: 18 m/s.

Armaments: unarmed.

Length: 9.3m.

Wingspan: 12.1m.

Height: 5m.

Fuel:240/500 loaded.

Mass: 8.8 tons.

Parts: 101.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdccxy4o5s5i2m2/KRP-56 Sea Hawk.craft?dl=0

KTP (Kerbal Transport plane).

Albums:

They will just be slapped here on a mostly random order.

There will be many MANY more aircrafts to come, so stay tune.

And there you have it, an ever growing list of naval/carrier aircrafts. I hope you enjoy them :).

PS. I really do hope they get around into fixing the problem with albums not working inside spoilers, since it's not the best solution to have all the albums like they are right now.

I think my favorite craft is the Havoc.  I need a medium/heavy lift helicopter and may borrow the theory behind it and refine it into something that works in my FAR install.

25 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I think my favorite craft is the Havoc.  I need a medium/heavy lift helicopter and may borrow the theory behind it and refine it into something that works in my FAR install.

Sure, just go on ahead. I have actually had plans on making a heavy lift version of the Havock that will have an extended fuselage, no tail boom and twice more rotors, essentialy making it a quad copter of sorts.

8 hours ago, kapteenipirk said:

Sure, just go on ahead. I have actually had plans on making a heavy lift version of the Havock that will have an extended fuselage, no tail boom and twice more rotors, essentialy making it a quad copter of sorts.

So I have done some early tests in FAR with a way more simplified version of your Havoc.  And it looks promising, still have a few dozen more hours of testing before it becomes fully functional but the first flight with just a pair of engines and the same basic setup minus the tail, found it was a bit twitchy and a handful but manageable. 

I think if I were to use "Nipirk" engine designs I may make a competent heavy utility helicopter.

So what are you using for making carrier landings? I used parachutes for my Panther, but it is possible to max out the brakes and try landing that way.

Anothet thing, I noticed  you have catergories for heavy bombers and AC-130 type gunships. I'm pretty sure those all fall under the Air Force's jurisdiction in real life, although I'm referring to the US Military's organization, it may be different for other nations.

Edited by pTrevTrevs

12 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

So what are you using for making carrier landings? I used parachutes for my Panther, but it is possible to max out the brakes and try landing that way.

Anothet thing, I noticed  you have catergories for heavy bombers and AC-130 type gunships. I'm pretty sure those all fall under the Air Force's jurisdiction in real life, although I'm referring to the US Military's organization, it may be different for other nations.

I just fly at the lowest speed possible when landing and brake. all the brakes are at half power right now, and even despite that, i think the stopping distance is about 100 or even less meters. Ive never needed any parachutes or reverse engines.

They do indeed. Those categories are not really gonna get used tough, i just put them there cuz, hey, why not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.