1.1.0 Keeps Crashing Randomly

I'm using 1.1.0 and no matter what I do, my game crashes randomly. I can't even get past one launch without the game crashing. I've tried using the launcher to boot the game, and directly booting both the 64bit and 32bit .exe files. The game doesn't seem to take that long loading, and there's no lag whenever the game is in use. I don't have any mods added and I don't have any other programs booted at the same time as KSP. I also made sure that there weren't any background processes that happened to be tanking my RAM. I'm using a Windows 8 computer, but I don't know any other specifications about my system.

There were some definite stability issues that are fixed in the most recent version, specifically that were causing random crashing. As sal suggests, please give 1.1.3 a try. I recommend keeping a backup of your save as you update.

Cheers,
-Claw

I'm so sorry for not being able to reply sooner. A huge storm passed through my area and my internet has been so stupid. I did download the latest version, 1.1.3 and I was actually happy to see my game progress through the first launch. I haven't been experiencing any odd crashes lately. One thing I still worry about is that sometimes the game won't last long enough for me to land on the Mün. Even orbiting is problematic for me.

Thank you. I'll search around the forums and see if anything helps me in the long run. I'm probably being rough with the game which is causing the frame rate drops and crashes, but nonetheless I'll try.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.