Craft collides into fairing on launchpad

Hi,

I have a craft that i enclosed into the biggest 3.75 m fairing, that explodes on launchpad with the log saying that a bunch of parts collided into the fairing.

I made sure to build a very big fairing, staying way clear of the visible parts, and removed all my mods, but it is still happening. Is it a bug or I'm doing something wrong?

I have attached my craft file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7z3lu1zvb6zswc0/Miner II.craft?dl=0

Thanks.

Edited by GrihanOs
Spelling

Tried loading it up, same things happens every time. Giant explosion.

Even rebuilding the fairing several different ways didn't help. Some part of the ship always collides with it and explodes, despite never actually touching it or moving in any way.

In the flight log I'm seeing some references to strut connectors colliding but I've looked the whole ship over and I don't see that you actually used any. I'm getting the feeling this has something to do with the invisible "auto-strutting" the fairings use. Only advice I can give you is to leave the fairing behind for now.

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

Thanks.

In the end I just strapped some cones to the flat surfaces, and launched it like that.

It seems that the drills are what causes it to fail, It explodes both with the big and the small ones, but just jumps a bit without them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.