[1.6.1] Reentry Particle Effect 1.4 (2019-02-12)

pizzaoverhead

On 4/12/2018 at 1:03 PM, taniwha said:

@pizzaoverhead: I think it still needs tuning, but I've sent you a PR that seems to fix the mod for KSP 1.4.2.

Thanks for this taniwha. My free time has gone negative, so I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to look at this.

On 5/3/2018 at 3:10 AM, Sewer Urchin said:

Got an interesting effect from the leftover trails in 1.4.3.  Jettisoned a stage out in front of me and was inside it's trail, it then exploded about 100 meters ahead of me, so the leftover trail was stuck right in front of me.  I ended up coming back up to about 65km, so my trail faded, but the trail from the other stage was still there, and almost backwards now from the distance I traveled.  The secondary trail stayed with me all the way to the ground (Even parachuting at 3 m/s) where it remained as a pillar of fire that my kerbal could walk around inside.

That's amazing! Not "good" amazing, but amazing nonetheless.

On 5/3/2018 at 3:46 AM, Kerbaderp said:

@pizzaoverhead Thank you! This mod is great. I loved it in 1.3.1, but now in 1.4.3 the trail is way too big. Will this be fixed? Or is there any way to just turn off the trail at least?

It'll need some work and a new release, though I'm not sure when I'll have the time for either.

On 5/3/2018 at 11:31 PM, T1mo98 said:

Any ETA on when both this and Collision FX might be updated? They're both pretty sweet. 

Or does anyone know a fix to make them both properly compatible with 1.4?

Not Soon

just wanted to say thanks for this great mod and looking forward to it in the future, whenever you get the time to work on it.

it really makes a difference to how all looks as everything crashes, er a i mean lands...

cheers.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2018 at 1:43 PM, space_powder said:

Doesn't work for me on 1.4.5. I think I installed it the way it should be though
GameData/ReentryParticleEffect/Properties

There's no Properties folder, so it's likely installed in the wrong place. Check the path in the readme file for the right location.

On 8/29/2018 at 9:26 AM, drtedastro said:

1. download mod

2. open zip file

3. open the GameData dir in the zip file

4 copy the ReenttryParticleEffect directory into your GameDataDir

5 restart ksp

6. profit

That is about as straight forward as it can be.

too bad there's no gamedata in the zip file lol, my friend gave me an older version that works perfectly so

[snip]

Edited by Vanamonde

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/21/2018 at 8:58 PM, taniwha said:

Works fine in 1.5.1

@taniwha @pizzaoverhead The mod does load and create the reentry tail effect, but there is a bug where the tail too big. The has been discussed a few times in this thread already (starting on page 6) but here's a comparison just to keep the details current:

KSP v1.3.1 with RPE v1.2

DHWJ4Vb.png

KSP v1.4 through v1.6 with RPE v1.3

rRR6w1q.jpg

Edited by MalevolentNinja

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.