[1.6.1] Reentry Particle Effect 1.4 (2019-02-12)

pizzaoverhead

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Damaske said:

Just a FYI to beat all those is it going to be updated. I have been using this in my 1.3 version KSP with no issues! 

Enjoy!

Thanks @Damaske! It takes a long time to get through all the mods that need tested and fixed, so I really appreciate when people post their experiences (good or bad) when a new version arrives.

1 hour ago, pizzaoverhead said:

Thanks @Damaske! It takes a long time to get through all the mods that need tested and fixed, so I really appreciate when people post their experiences (good or bad) when a new version arrives.

Your welcome @pizzaoverhead, I do try to help out as much as I can when it comes to mods here. That is if i am actively playing that is hehe.

@pizzaoverhead Is it possible to make main flame tail textures to be not additive, but maybe just like smoke particles?

As we can see in this famous film, that there are definitely short flame tail behind capsule (which is KSP stock flame FX I believe) and a loooong SMOKE tail, because there are nothing to burn (and glow) there...

Now re-entry FX not very accurate :confused:

RIqAjk6.jpg

Edited by ZobrAA

On 09/06/2017 at 10:32 AM, ZobrAA said:

@pizzaoverhead Is it possible to make main flame tail textures to be not additive, but maybe just like smoke particles?

As we can see in this famous film, that there are definitely short flame tail behind capsule (which is KSP stock flame FX I believe) and a loooong SMOKE tail, because there are nothing to burn (and glow) there...

Now re-entry FX not very accurate :confused:

The famous film is pretty inaccurate in the graphics department for that section. Real life uses additive particles that build up to a glow in the distance, but are quite thin from the side. Look how the trail forms a bright point in the centre of the screen:

To make the effect more accurate, the flames that we have now should be replaced with more of a misty glow. The Space Shuttle's astronauts described it as a white fog over the craft. There should probably be much fewer fragments/sparks too.

671889main_Testing%20of%20MEDLI%20Plug%2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just wanted to stop by and say thanks again for this mod.

i really enjoy the simple joy of watching all of my mistakes burn up and boom in such glorious detail....

Cheers.

and there are a LOT of mistakes to watch burn..... lol......

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, PrimoDev said:

This mod should implement plasma tail for comet in the Kerbol Solar System, and so the plasma tail should be at the opposite direction of the sun as it is in real life !

Otherwise, REALLY good mod to add to the game some reality !

There are a few mods that already do this. Check out Alternis Kerbol, KerbalKomets, or mods based on Kopernicus.

One thing that would be cool to do (if I ever got time) would be have re-entry affect asteroids (in a new mod): have them be burnt smaller and break up on entry.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

So well, it works, but I had it removed two days ago after I "had the feeling it's weird" and then finally reading this:

Yep, that's wrong. It's... working too well. It musn't be playing nicely with the new particle system.

3G4OiZH.png

Edited by pizzaoverhead

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.