[1.6.1] Reentry Particle Effect 1.4 (2019-02-12)

pizzaoverhead

On 12/29/2018 at 4:04 PM, MalevolentNinja said:

@taniwha @pizzaoverhead The mod does load and create the reentry tail effect, but there is a bug where the tail too big. The has been discussed a few times in this thread already (starting on page 6) but here's a comparison just to keep the details current:

KSP v1.3.1 with RPE v1.2

DHWJ4Vb.png

KSP v1.4 through v1.6 with RPE v1.3

rRR6w1q.jpg

I actually thought the reentry trail was meant to be this large after installing the mod. That first screenshot looks much better! I really hope this mod receives an update.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, taniwha said:

@pizzaoverhead no github updates? not even source commits?

Yep, I realised I hadn't committed the source the second my head hit the pillow yesterday. The updated source is included in the zip however. It's now available on github too.

21 hours ago, theonegalen said:

@pizzaoverhead I am only able to  access internet on my mobile, and there's no way to download a file from curseforge on mobile. At least that I can find.

It should have been available on Curseforge, Spacedock and Github. Huh, looks like Github listed it after the 1.3 release because it was labelled "1.3" instead of "v1.3".

18 hours ago, Shizen said:

@pizzaoverheadNice tto see you are still around, does this mean you'll be updating your other (sound related)mods?

Or is this just a guest appearance?

I'm limited in time, so I'll be working on whichever seems to be most useful/asked for by the community at the time. No point in updating mods that nobody has used in four years! At the minute, that means trying to get Free IVA to a point where it can be released, but there's still a lot to do there.

9 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

@pizzaoverhead Thanx for the update ;)
Thread title says v1.3, not v1.4, tho :P

Thanks, fixed!

15 hours ago, pizzaoverhead said:

Thanks, fixed!

No, THANK YOU... for fixing all those little details that only matter to a small few of us, especially so quickly :P
Also, THANK you for including the source in the same package as the release... It saves me from having to grab the source from another website, and keeping two seperate .zips for each release of each mod. ;)

Edited by Stone Blue

• 2 weeks later...

This is a BFS/Starship reentry. I'm not sure how this SHOULD look like, as most of the pictures posted here are from round capsules, and the space shuttle didn't use to reenter with such a high angle of attack. I just noticed a couple of things:

• most prominent: the tail comes from the bottom of the ship, I guess it should be more central; can't wait to see a real BFS reentry...
  • the tail is denser close to the ship than in other pictures
  • the tail seems thicker and/or shorter
  • there are 2 yellow zones in the tail; is this normal?

0NCiYXS.png

Edited by infinite_monkey

• 2 months later...

@pizzaoverhead

How would one tweak and play around with RPE? I'm kind of new to tweaking KSP; I know how to modify config files, but don't seem them here.

On 12/29/2018 at 2:04 PM, MalevolentNinja said:

@taniwha @pizzaoverhead The mod does load and create the reentry tail effect, but there is a bug where the tail too big. The has been discussed a few times in this thread already (starting on page 6) but here's a comparison just to keep the details current:

KSP v1.3.1 with RPE v1.2

DHWJ4Vb.png

KSP v1.4 through v1.6 with RPE v1.3

rRR6w1q.jpg

KSP v1.6.1 with RPE v1.4

bISzcZv.png

Version 1.4 is definitely better with ksp 1.6.1 than the previous, but it's still not as good as the previous version was with 1.3, imo. The plume starts out wider and closer to the craft, which makes the size mismatches more apparent when you have a very large or small craft. It also grows wider and looks weird now.

It's funny how much such subtle differences can annoy. I love this mod and would like to help if possible, or just tweak it for myself if no one else is bothered by it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.