pizzaoverhead

[1.6.1] Reentry Particle Effect 1.4 (2019-02-12)

Recommended Posts

Would it be possible to add a .cfg for this mod where we can change the minimum speed at which the effect occurs? Or even more advanced parameters, like the minimum vertical speed at which it occurs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I love this mod. Only thing I don't like is that it's so far behind the ship. But to see my booster turning into a shooting star reenterig next to me was just AMAZING! Great work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a FYI to beat all those is it going to be updated. I have been using this in my 1.3 version KSP with no issues! 

Enjoy!

 

Edited by Damaske

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Damaske said:

Just a FYI to beat all those is it going to be updated. I have been using this in my 1.3 version KSP with no issues! 

Enjoy!

 

Thanks @Damaske! It takes a long time to get through all the mods that need tested and fixed, so I really appreciate when people post their experiences (good or bad) when a new version arrives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pizzaoverhead said:

Thanks @Damaske! It takes a long time to get through all the mods that need tested and fixed, so I really appreciate when people post their experiences (good or bad) when a new version arrives.

Your welcome @pizzaoverhead, I do try to help out as much as I can when it comes to mods here. That is if i am actively playing that is hehe.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@pizzaoverhead Is it possible to make main flame tail textures to be not additive, but maybe just like smoke particles?

As we can see in this famous film, that there are definitely short flame tail behind capsule (which is KSP stock flame FX I believe) and a loooong SMOKE tail, because there are nothing to burn (and glow) there...

Now re-entry FX not very accurate :confused:

RIqAjk6.jpg

Edited by ZobrAA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/06/2017 at 10:32 AM, ZobrAA said:

@pizzaoverhead Is it possible to make main flame tail textures to be not additive, but maybe just like smoke particles?

As we can see in this famous film, that there are definitely short flame tail behind capsule (which is KSP stock flame FX I believe) and a loooong SMOKE tail, because there are nothing to burn (and glow) there...

Now re-entry FX not very accurate :confused:

 

The famous film is pretty inaccurate in the graphics department for that section. Real life uses additive particles that build up to a glow in the distance, but are quite thin from the side. Look how the trail forms a bright point in the centre of the screen:

To make the effect more accurate, the flames that we have now should be replaced with more of a misty glow. The Space Shuttle's astronauts described it as a white fog over the craft. There should probably be much fewer fragments/sparks too.

671889main_Testing%20of%20MEDLI%20Plug%2

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick reminder, this mod seems to be 1.3 compatible as is, but SpaceDock still lists it as 1.2. Not an issue, but I think it's worth clicking that button to update it. ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.3 version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

the 1.2.2 version works in 1.3

Oh thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, just use distant object enhancement, put this on a sub-orbital trajectory over the KSC, and watch it BURN from the safety of Kerbin. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just wanted to stop by and say thanks again for this mod.

i really enjoy the simple joy of watching all of my mistakes burn up and boom in such glorious detail....

Cheers.

and there are a LOT of mistakes to watch burn..... lol......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This mod should implement plasma tail for comet in the Kerbol Solar System, and so the plasma tail should be at the opposite direction of the sun as it is in real life !

Otherwise, REALLY good mod to add to the game some reality !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PrimoDev said:

This mod should implement plasma tail for comet in the Kerbol Solar System, and so the plasma tail should be at the opposite direction of the sun as it is in real life !

Otherwise, REALLY good mod to add to the game some reality !

 

There are a few mods that already do this. Check out Alternis Kerbol, KerbalKomets, or mods based on Kopernicus.

One thing that would be cool to do (if I ever got time) would be have re-entry affect asteroids (in a new mod): have them be burnt smaller and break up on entry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@pizzaoverhead Are you still maintaining this mod? No pressure, I've just seen the silence on this thread. :cool:

Only if it's broken! Silence means it's working for everyone. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So well, it works, but I had it removed two days ago after I "had the feeling it's weird" and then finally reading this:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

So well, it works, but I had it removed two days ago after I "had the feeling it's weird" and then finally reading this:

 

Yep, that's wrong. It's... working too well. It musn't be playing nicely with the new particle system.

3G4OiZH.png

Edited by pizzaoverhead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.