Can't make hollow objects ?

So I'm trying to get my Soyuz Engine cover to work. It won't. 

The colliders in Unity kinda " Block " the open part , the ' Bowl ' . I've tried to import a " Flipped normal " version of it to trick it , didn't help. I really dont want to do a Bowl of colliders out of boxes , it will drive me insane . Any help would be appreciated.

Are you talking about the collider, or an engine fairing... There's a difference...

I'm assuming you are generating the colliders in Unity?

If you're generating them in your 3d modelling program, you have to select your collider object, then right-click the Mesh Renderer, and Remove Component... Then you have to click "Add Component"-->Physics-->Mesh Collider... Then make sure for "Mesh", the name of your collider object is showing.

Whether you generate the colliders in your modelling program, or have Unity generate them, you have to check the "Convex" box in the Mesh Collider component...

I havent had Unity generate my colliders, so I'm not exactly sure how its done... I know you have to have a Mesh Collider component added to the object you are generating a collider for, tho...

Got it ! I chopped my cover ( It looks like an upside down bowl ) in 4 quadrants , then imported it Unity , made four of those with separate colliders in Unity, then rotated them until I had a bowl of colliders ! Then deleted the meshes and kept the colliders to slap on my cover ! Imma test it now in game , brb. 

It works ! So that's the way to do it ! 

How do we close this thread XD ? 

Edited by RoyalVengeance
Typo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.