Falling towards the singularity.

magnemoe

This one was weird, I was doing the round of my bases and spaceships, transmit and restock science labs and checking status. 
On Munbase Beta I refueled I science rover while uploading science, tabbing from kerbal on eva to base I passed an life support tank who was left after a bit hard landing. 
This had clipped trough the ground and was falling down towards Mun center. 
BhnKW8kl.png
Falling
lKiO45il.png
Falling faster, negative attitude now.
xXeAKUnl.png
Starting to get fast

HGKnNDUl.png
Looks like I got close to the singularity, insane acceleration, next I know I was out of the moon going fast.

lc3pPtol.png
KSP has the tank registered as landed and moving over surface so I had to revert. 
After this I let it fall and it disappeared. 

20 hours ago, Netherman555 said:

So you basically broke physics...  well I guess ksp is all about that.

Clipping trough ground was the first break, the second was then getting so close to the singularity that the acceleration became so high speed got messed up because of the frame rate physic is calculated, speed increased very fast and KSP don't use tides or gravity gradient then it calculate acceleration because of gravity. this gave me an high exit speed, it might well have been higher if I had been luckier with the timing. 

4 hours ago, magnemoe said:

Clipping trough ground was the first break, the second was then getting so close to the singularity that the acceleration became so high speed got messed up because of the frame rate physic is calculated, speed increased very fast and KSP don't use tides or gravity gradient then it calculate acceleration because of gravity. this gave me an high exit speed, it might well have been higher if I had been luckier with the timing. 

Try it on Eve, you'll break the speed of light.

Yes, I know you can't really do this at will.

HhQcKcu.png

Edited by Randazzo

OMG!

I've seen this bug loads of times before, and even experienced it myself (nota bene: do not attempt to use a Klaw as a landing pad), but only now did I just realize this explains EVERYTHING!
The seemingly impossible masses of Kerbol and its satellites that is - they're actually all hollow spheres with substellar black holes inside! Sure, these wouldn't be as long-lived as larger black holes, but a few thousand years shouldn't be difficult.
Perhaps long ago in Kerbal prehistory, an advanced (Kardashev 2+) civilization built a system of miniature black holes with Dyson spheres around them to uh, collect energy or whatever. Obviously they're made of unobtanium, but aside from that everything seems to hold water...

xD

5 hours ago, parameciumkid said:

OMG!

I've seen this bug loads of times before, and even experienced it myself (nota bene: do not attempt to use a Klaw as a landing pad), but only now did I just realize this explains EVERYTHING!
The seemingly impossible masses of Kerbol and its satellites that is - they're actually all hollow spheres with substellar black holes inside! Sure, these wouldn't be as long-lived as larger black holes, but a few thousand years shouldn't be difficult.
Perhaps long ago in Kerbal prehistory, an advanced (Kardashev 2+) civilization built a system of miniature black holes with Dyson spheres around them to uh, collect energy or whatever. Obviously they're made of unobtanium, but aside from that everything seems to hold water...

xD

THIS MIGHT EXPLAIN WHY EVERYTHING IN THE GAME FLOATS!!!

:huh:

I've had this bug several times, usually with bits of debris from 'less than perfect' landings.

Is also happens in the deep bits of Kerbin's oceans (below about 1000m).  Things sitting on the seabed sink through when you switch to them.  

Aaaaahhhh, there's a thought.  Could this be linked to the 'flags falling' over bug/issue?

I had the same thing happen on Laythe. The probe sunk until it got close to the singularity. It started shaking wildly in the high G  forces and eventually shook off some batteries and chutes.

This resulted in it becoming buoyant, and zipping back to the surface.

Edited by Hans Dorn

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.