What is the ground on Eve made of?

magnemoe

Its insane, the ground has to be made of oiled glass, I can not traverse an 10 degree slope with an 3 ton rover with 6 of the offroad wheels.
After exploring the poles I wanted to explore peaks and highland, this however looks hard as my rover slide down to midland and is still sliding. 

New try, accent stage failed because landing leg overstressed some time after it came to rest after sliding for 10 minutes. 

That happens everywhere, I landed a 150 ton ship on Kerbin and had it slide at .1 m/s for for 5 minutes on a less than 5 Deg. slope.

This was using wing parts as landing legs so I think it has something to do with how friction is calculated and not just the landing gear/leg interaction with the ground (though that's crazy too).

17 minutes ago, cantab said:

"What are the wheels in KSP made of?"

That is the question you should be asking. They're infamously riddled with bugs and issues since KSP version 1.1

There is a complex system built by engeneers which pour oil onto the wheel and landing struts when the slope is over 1°. That's explaining the price and the weight of wheels and struts.

What we didn't know is Kerbals live in snowy mountains. When something is not sliding, it's wrong. They are skiing (skidding ?) fanatics

:D

Edited by Warzouz

A kerbal does know how to paint. Because of this a kerbal paints a profile looking structure on the tires of the wheel. But in fact there is no tire profile in fact.

Also there are no trees on kerbin, so where would rubber come from, are there rubber tires in ksp? If not what do kerbals substitute rubber with?

6 minutes ago, Vaporized Steel said:

A kerbal does know how to paint. Because of this a kerbal paints a profile looking structure on the tires of the wheel. But in fact there is no tire profile in fact.

Also there are no trees on kerbin, so where would rubber come from, are there rubber tires in ksp? If not what do kerbals substitute rubber with?

Supercooled liquid fuel.

8 minutes ago, cantab said:

"What are the wheels in KSP made of?"

That is the question you should be asking. They're infamously riddled with bugs and issues since KSP version 1.1

Have noe problems with rovers on Mun or Duna, lighter rover with four wheels, on Minmus its an lack of traction because the low gravity. 
Granted I have not tried them in slopes who looks like it the problem, else they handle pretty decent however with a too low friction. 
However slopes is an nightmare

15 hours ago, magnemoe said:

The weird thing is that on Gilly nothing slides :)
Here you use rcs and not wheels to move around. 

It's even worse, the lander is jumping and don't do contact with the ground. I recently did a Gilly Ion lander . I used 4 lightest landing gears to create a proper lander. I couldn't get into contact with the ground.

I toggle the gears and the lander landed immediatly on the engine...

"KSP Gear : we'll make you love no using them"

Edited by Warzouz

On 7/4/2016 at 8:39 AM, Warzouz said:

There is a complex system built by engeneers which pour oil onto the wheel and landing struts when the slope is over 1°. That's explaining the price and the weight of wheels and struts.

What we didn't know is Kerbals live in snowy mountains. When something is not sliding, it's wrong. They are skiing (skidding ?) fanatics

:D

*is now picturing Valentina sailing down a Giant Slalom trying vainly to make up time on Lindsey Vonn...*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.