Running List: Simple Suggestions

Make it possible to set manoeuvre nodes in the tracking station. When planning routes for flotillas, it's annoying to switch from craft to craft because of the loading times. 

If you like, make this a Level 3 feature of the tracking station, and require comms to transmit the plan to the craft.

2 hours ago, Brikoleur said:

Make it possible to set manoeuvre nodes in the tracking station. When planning routes for flotillas, it's annoying to switch from craft to craft because of the loading times. 

If you like, make this a Level 3 feature of the tracking station, and require comms to transmit the plan to the craft.

More generally, how about more "special features" for the various buildings alt lv3?

Astronauts quarters lv3: Kerbals can now unlock special perks at level 4 and 5:

-Level 4 pilots can now hold horizon; level 5 can use soft controls on their own, and automatically stop boosting once nodes are over.

-Level 4 engineers can rebuild panels; level 5 can rebuild radiators

-Level 4 scientists can reset mystery goo pods without leaving the capsule, just like labs; level 5 can do the same with material bays.

Administration lv3: Kerbals are now 20% less expensive, possibly unlock a series of "storyline" contracts along with Mission Control lv3

VAB/SPH lv3: a simple dV calculator

17 hours ago, Brikoleur said:

What a great idea. I added to the list!

10 hours ago, sevenperforce said:

Fix the maneuvering nodes so that it is possible to maintain a single node while employing a series of periapsis kicks. 

What happens now? Does it reset?

On 2/17/2018 at 11:17 PM, GrouchyDevotee said:

How about some more early game science gathering tools.

I'm against "more science" in general. An astute player can actually unlock the entire tech tree without ever leaving Kerbin's (and Mun's and Minmus') SOI.

I'd much rather have science be collected automatically. They can even tie it to needing a scientist on board if they need to "make it harder" but making the player right click a half dozen devices and then get a Kerbal out of the ship to collect the data is not gameplay in my book. Making them go to Duna or Eve to advance their space program is.

In particular, though:

-sample scoop.

I am against this from a gameplay perspective, as the sample is one of the only 3 (science related) reasons to send a Kerbal anywhere. And it's the only (science-related) reason to bring them back, as crew and EVA reports can be transmitted home for full return.

As far as other game play options, I'd like to be able to use RCS thrusters for fine detailed manoeuvres/course corrections while in map mode. 

I do this all the time. I burn a maneuver node, accidentally go over by half a m/s, and RCS jet backwards to tweak my encounter. It doesn't work this way on console? That should definitely be addressed. Maybe it's just a misunderstanding of the controls, or is it really a misfeature on the console?

As for other contracts that might be available, how about being contracted to launch a pre-built Hubble, Kepler or Webb telescopes in specific orbits. That might have to be repaired later on.

Other than the sample craft, there is nothing pre-built in the game and I'm a bit leery to support them adding things like that. I'd rather there be contracts to put ships with specific parts on them and you get to design those craft. I'd love some sort of randomized, procedural part that you get one of and a contract to put it somewhere and leave it for an extended time, with potential followup contracts for servicing missions.

I'd really like the ability to rearrange the order crafts appear in on the tracking station menu.

The ability to save crafts in subfolders (e.g. I could make a folder to hold, say, craft intended for Duna, or a folder for purely experimental crafts, or one for rovers, etc) would also be nice.

If I'm being an idiot and we already have these capabilities, please let me know.

Edit:

18 hours ago, MinimalMinmus said:

VAB/SPH lv3: a simple dV calculator

Yes, this too.

Edited by Ace in Space
Quoting someone I didn't see until after posting.

11 hours ago, Wcmille said:
22 hours ago, sevenperforce said:

Fix the maneuvering nodes so that it is possible to maintain a single node while employing a series of periapsis kicks. 

What happens now? Does it reset?

If you have a 12-minute burn and you want to break it into three periapsis kicks (as you should), so you set your node for three orbits ahead and start burning, your "dV remaining" counter goes up, rather than down, and your navball goes haywire.

17 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I do this all the time. I burn a maneuver node, accidentally go over by half a m/s, and RCS jet backwards to tweak my encounter. It doesn't work this way on console? That should definitely be addressed. Maybe it's just a misunderstanding of the controls, or is it really a misfeature on the console?

On 2/17/2018 at 10:21 PM, sevenperforce said:

You can do this.

As far as being able to use RCS to adjust Peripsis or Apoapsis, I don't seem to be able to do this while in map mode.

PS4 Enhanced Edition, default controls, career mode, normal.

I can zoom in on the craft I'm selecting, select SAS hold pro-grade, activate RCS, select linear mode, left trigger will give my craft a boost in the pro-grade... I can check this by toggling between map mode and the zoomed in mode, it works... but I'm purely guess as to how much because I can't see the Apoapsis or periapsis. I have to keep toggling bewteen modes... that's my issue.

now, if I stay in map mode left trigger gives me a rotation, but no pro-grade thrust. The control stick just changes my attitude with no change in pro-grade thrust. bumpers do nothing.

Am I just doing something wrong?

Edited by GrouchyDevotee

21 minutes ago, GrouchyDevotee said:

Am I just doing something wrong?

Sadly I don't know. Hopefully someone with console knowledge will be able to help.

On the PC you have more inputs (all the keyboard keys), so you don't have to change input modes and the keys do the same thing in map mode as in ship view.

I have two request when assembling rockets and aircraft"

1) For Antennas, have the option of Require Complete or Allow Partial. Sometimes it is hard to locate the Antenna on the Launchpad or Runway.

2) Make Rigid Attachment automatically ON. It is difficult to remember to switch it ON for each part when assembling.

2 hours ago, sevenperforce said:

I feel you there. I have just gotten in the habit of "Right-click, Autostrut, Rigid Attachment" after every new part.

Or even better, just have a master toggle in the doodads in the bottom right. Like with editor extensions.

Add a "sort by date" feature to the Load screen in the VAB/SPH. If you're a prolific engineer, it gets hard to remember which ones you've been working on just recently and find it.

On 2/24/2018 at 10:34 AM, Brikoleur said:

Add a "sort by date" feature to the Load screen in the VAB/SPH. If you're a prolific engineer, it gets hard to remember which ones you've been working on just recently and find it.

And even better, a search bar.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:34 AM, Brikoleur said:

9 hours ago, qzgy said:

And even better, a search bar.

...although, neither of these would be required if they just allowed users to create a directory system for their craft files.

On 2/26/2018 at 7:58 AM, XLjedi said:

...although, neither of these would be required if they just allowed users to create a directory system for their craft files.

I've gone to saving all my craft as subassemblies because I can put them in folders.

3 hours ago, sevenperforce said:

I've gone to saving all my craft as subassemblies because I can put them in folders.

It's a workaround I guess; but kinda sad right?  I mean cuz they obviously already have the framework in place for this...

Although, I'd still prefer a drilldown style directory (and subdirectories) over the icons.

32 minutes ago, XLjedi said:

It's a workaround I guess; but kinda sad right?  I mean cuz they obviously already have the framework in place for this...

Although, I'd still prefer a drilldown style directory (and subdirectories) over the icons.

Definitely.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2018 at 11:28 PM, Ace in Space said:

I'd really like the ability to rearrange the order crafts appear in on the tracking station menu.

Yes.  This.  Allow us options to sort by name, or (god this would make my career mode and flotilla management so much easier) sort by time to next maneuver-node.  Also, maybe user selectable color coding, so my duna flotilla could be one color while my dres flotilla another.  These would be a simple but major quality of life enhancements, as it's become quite the pain keeping track of all my ships.  

• 3 weeks later...

I may just be missing something, but now that we can set name/icon priorities when designing crafts in the VAB, and we already had the ability to change the name/icon of existing crafts, could we please have the ability to change the priority on existing crafts too? New crafts with priorities set sometimes interact undesirably with existing crafts that pre-dated the introduction of priority.

If I'm missing something and we can already do this, pay me no mind.

I think we should have a probe core capable of detecting biomes earlier in the career. As it stands now, the first probe cores to offer biome scanning are the RoveMate and Okto-2; level six tech.
 Perhaps give biome scanning ability to the Hecs, but no anomaly detection?

Best,
-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.