Running List: Simple Suggestions

23 hours ago, GrouchyDevotee said:

PS4 player,

I would like a better method of transferring fuels. Specifically, I'd like to move specific amounts of fuel. On my ps4 it is a rough guess as to how much of each I can move, keeping the ratio is next to impossible.

The controls for transfer seem a touch  "last minute"

PC players are in the same boat on that one, there is no way to easily and accurately move "half a tank" of fuel or oxidizer. And good luck getting them to both stop at the same point.

@GrouchyDevotee: I should add that the best way to move a smaller amount of propellants around is to have a smaller "stash" tank somewhere that you can use as a "measuring cup"

Edited by StrandedonEarth

• 5 months later...

Why haven't any of these been done?  Squad has largely ignored very basic problems with the game, and its really falling behind in terms of years old bugs and basic quality of life improvements.  

On 2/19/2018 at 11:26 AM, MinimalMinmus said:

More generally, how about more "special features" for the various buildings alt lv3?

VAB/SPH lv3: a simple dV calculator

This should be included in lvl 2 mission control "Flight Planning".
TWR and burn times should be included in lvl 2 VAB/SPH engineering report, and reduce part count to 60 or something (I feel the 255 part limit is something you never reach at that tech level)

Ideally, something like the Basic DeltaV mod becomes available at a certain level.

If it has to be a small feature, JUST calculate Delta V per stage. It would make the game much, MUCH better.

Display Delta V in the Resources panel as if it were a resource.

Edited by Thygrrr

On 7/5/2016 at 12:03 AM, Wcmille said:
Engineers Can Repair Broken Solar Panels and Antenna

Meh... when the extendable panels break and fly off (same with antennas), there isn't much to fix and it doesn't make much sense.

I could take inspiration from another game I play (Arma 3), where they have vehicles and combat engineer/mechanic soldier classes who can (with a tool kit equipped) repair vehicles. The thing is, they can't fully repair them (one needs a vehicle or repair depot for that). They will get systems functional again, but still damaged... a 50% damage state instead of 100% damaged and non-functional.

In the case of the slat cages used to protect against RPG attacks, the slat cage is visibly damaged and missing slats/ parts:

uftifp0lz3l01.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&s

So maybe, at least for static solar panels in particular), we could have partial repair, with half power output?

Change the texture so that some of the panel is visibly damaged? broken antennas are kinked, the dish (HG-5) has holes in it, extendable solar panels (like the 2x3) are missing some of their panels, etc.

Then I'd be ok with it... partial repair. Full repair just because your kerbonaut is "trained" is too much for my taste.

22 hours ago, Aeroboi said:

Ability to put oxidizer into the LV-N for increased thrust and reduced ISP.

The atomic age nuclear engine pack has a LNTR engine that works like that

http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/enginelist.php#id--Nuclear_Thermal--Solid_Core--LANTR

I like it, but I don't see it as a must-have for stock.

I didn't get the expansion yet, i don't have enough money yet:funds:.

4 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

If you mean bigger than 3.75m, we already got 5m parts in the MH expansion. But I'd quite like 7.5m parts in the stock game to be honest.

I would also enjoy  7.5 M Parts rather than  5 M or  3.75 M.

Edited by BlueVapor1234

17 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

Meh... when the extendable panels break and fly off (same with antennas), there isn't much to fix and it doesn't make much sense.

I'd make the even bigger argument that in space its hard to repair those broken off solar panels without unmounting it, taking it back to a special place for fine delicate work then reattaching it. Solar panels and antenna both (presumably) have fine, delicate, and fragile wiring and components. A) I dont think spares would be shipped up because B) Its really hard to repair that thing. I think it would be akin to trying to repair a phone in space. A bit too delicate especially if wearing big space suit gloves.

unless of course a single cell is just slot in and play, which I highly doubt.....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.