[KSP 1.3.1] DockSafe - docking safety override system (2017-10-11)

RealGecko

I bet many of you are familiar with this situation

Morale: shut down your engines!

And this is where DockSafe comes into action. It shutdowns all your liquid fuel and atomic engines and disables right click menu "Activate" button, untill DockSafe is deactivated. DockSafe also starts automagically when you target docking port and will remain active until you change or disable your targeting.

Download from Space Dock

Source code on GitHub

License

That's it for now, have fun and ... dock safe :D

Edited by RealGecko
JAMU

I get tired of explaining to Jeb to check whether he's in docking mode before hitting shift. He owes me TWO new stations at this point. It'd be more but I credited him back one fifth of a station for every time I've vaporized him (fair is fair). Maybe with this mod he can finally work his way out of debt.

"Important safety tip, Egon."

8 hours ago, radonek said:

Is it possible to just deactivate all engines? That part seems mighty useful, but I see no reason for disabling manual reactivation.

Yes, you can deactivate engines whenever you need, that's what I do on my landers after they land close to surface base.

Disabling that button is a way of detecting that DockSafe is active on this particular ship. And also: once I wanted to transfer my crew and by misclicking pushed "Jettison tank contents" button, luckily there was not much resources in that capsule. However that lead me to a conclusion that if you override your system, there must be no ways of bypassing it in any manner, even accidentally :D

8 minutes ago, SingABrightSong said:

Might be a stupid question, but is there a way to manually disengage DockSafe? Having the automagic trigger disable your engines on a lunar descent is less than fun. Great for docking, not great for not-docking.

Automatic activation happens only when you target docking port. If you are targeted anywhere else, then manual switch off is available.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I had a problem last night where the docking ports weren't working.  Is there any chance that this could have done anything?

No log file unfortunately.  Not asking you to debug, just asking if this disables the docking ports in anyway.

Thanks

On 22.05.2017 at 9:16 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I had a problem last night where the docking ports weren't working.  Is there any chance that this could have done anything?

Nope, this mod only affects rocket and atomic engines.

2 minutes ago, RealGecko said:

Nope, this mod only affects rocket and atomic engines.

Ok, thanks

On 7/5/2016 at 9:45 AM, RealGecko said:

I bet many of you are familiar with this situation

Morale: shut down your engines!

And this is where DockSafe comes into action. It shutdowns all your liquid fuel and atomic engines and disables right click menu "Activate" button, untill DockSafe is deactivated. DockSafe also starts automagically when you target docking port and will remain active until you change or disable your targeting.

Download from Space Dock

Source code on GitHub

License

That's it for now, have fun and ... dock safe :D

FYI, there is a large white space here, no picture in the OP

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

FYI, there is a large white space here, no picture in the OP

Yeah, there was an Imgur album once, but then Imgur albums were broken all around the forum :D

PS: Fixed that.

Edited by RealGecko

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, RealGecko said:

Of course it does not. How do you suppose to dock without monoprop?

There are LFO RCS units out there.  :wink:  (And pretty powerful primary engines that are monoprop fueled.)

I was actually thinking to ask for the near opposite: If there's a way where I can temporarily disable Docksafe during a particular maneuver.  (I had a case where I needed the engines while docking, but couldn't start them.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.