KSP survival horror

Survival horror?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. KSP needs more (check all applicable):

• Survival
    • Horror

I'm pretty sure most people on the forum will agree that the biggest problem KSP faces at the moment is the lack of a survival horror element. I suggest something like the movie Apollo 18 with the rock-spider-like life form that gets in someone's helmet. I also recommend using pre-rendered scenes like the older Resident Evil games. I don't know whether that would be a difficult thing to achieve in Unity? I'm more of a big ideas guy; I'm sure you'll figure it out. :D

Horror - no, doesn't fit the theme, but survival - hell yes.

Supplies - snacks, oxygen, possibly water - must be in stock with an on/off option or a difficulty slider, like reentry heating. With the appropriate modules/tanks and the ability to mine/extract water and oxygen from the environment (i.e. ice on Minmus, ice and carbon dioxide on Duna, etc.)  

Edited by Haruspex

Some people absolutely hate horror, even worse some are afraid off it. You'll have to argue very very hard with me to convince me how "actual" fear can be introduced into a cartoony game with sweet innocent green goblin faces, but I can't vouch for others mentality. Let's just assume such a horror aspect could actually shoo off certain types of people. It probably does as a rule of thumb since everybody is different.

Personally I'm not that much of a horror fan. So I have 2 reasons not to want it. While I think it's not part of KSP 1.x.x anymore, we have had our horror in the past. So if you want to see one, this one simply reminds me of silent hill right away.

maxresdefault.jpg

For the faint at heart, the kraken on Bop could be terrifying aswell. Personally I think your a pussy if you do, but pussies pay money, and they'll stop paying if they're scared, so no horror in KSP. Statistically the player base has grown since the kraken glitches were removed from the game. We can only assume the deletion of bugs and specifically the krakens demise has contributed to the growth of players. Don't tell me it's because of this, that, such and so, I know. Whatever truth is in there is minor, but existing imho
Also we do not want to have a PEGI rating on a game like this. As for you, I hope somebody mods some evil Kerbals and space vampires into the game specifically for people like you.

Honestly, thinking about it, I feel almost stupid for explaining it to you in detail. You ask this in suggestions and development?
Sure you must have realized that if this were to ever go through it would be a modder to add horrific textures to the game, and it will not ever be stock. But if you just wanted attention, your welcome and enjoy the picture.

Edited by Vaporized Steel

Okay, I see that a select few KSP players seem to have a few reservations about the survival horror aspects of the upcoming 1.2 release. Most of these seem to revolve around the inventory slots and the fact that Jeb will have only six slots while Val will have eight. This is true but allows players to vary the challenge of the experience. Just to confirm, you will no longer be able to save as often as you like by pressing F5 but will in fact need to find a typewriter and use one of the limited number of ink ribbons scattered around Kerbin and the Mun. More information will be revealed closer to the time!

Ticking neither box, tbh :P

I'm not a fan of life support mods because all they do is add weight to your rocket, and make you realise that space is too big to send supplies to a broken lander. Net result, less rescue missions rather than more, because the crew is dead before you can help them.

Horror... would not play at all, tbh. KSP has a kind of cute and quirky vibe, and I like that. Wouldn't mind seeing some alien critters, but they should be comical rather than threatening, imho.

On 7/6/2016 at 6:45 AM, THX1138 said:

survival horror aspects of the upcoming 1.2 release

Huh? Where did you hear that? Unless you have a fear of antennas...which I have nothing against, but "survival horror" doesn't quite match up with what I've heard about the antenna overhaul and part beautification planned for 1.2.

Edited by cubinator

1 minute ago, cubinator said:

Huh? Where did you hear that? Unless you have a fear of antennas...

I was just trying to make it clearer that this thread was not intended to be taken seriously. That said, an Apollo 18 reference would be a neat Easter egg.

7 minutes ago, THX1138 said:

I was just trying to make it clearer that this thread was not intended to be taken seriously. That said, an Apollo 18 reference would be a neat Easter egg.

Well, I have a friend who's afraid of butterflies, so antennas doesn't seem that weird to me. You should change the thread title to reflect that it's an easter egg idea/joke, because us scientists take everything literally from only what is given, making absolutely no assumptions, and sarcasm is not easily conveyed through text. :P 

Edited by cubinator

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.