The Crawfish Queen

Sector 7 Space Laboratories - The Crawfish Queen

The Steamboat has a new bearing set using the structural fuselage and some reaction wheels, I got this bearing idea from my Manlift Design. During Sea
Trials the craft showed to be very sturdy, speeds are nice with jet engines but not with the paddle wheels, they look nice in action but have no pushing
power. The top deck is for VIP Guess that would like to eat Boiled Crawfish. I was planning a long journey to a river for some great video shots but the craft
was exploding about a mile or so off the beach, so I continued with video shots near the coast. I also have an idea for a drive system using Jet Engines and
a Piston but the boat will likely have less details because of the amount of parts. I hope you enjoy the craft and video and thanks for watching.

Parts: 1252
Mass: 167.759t
Height: 17.5m
Width: 17.0m
Length: 40.3m

I've gotten to speeds in the lower 40's m/s on land when traveling to the coast. I suggest to not decouple the Paddle Wheels until you are in the water. Again don't expect to get any propulsion from the Paddles, they are more for looks then for pushing the Vessel. The Engines should only be used at about quater when in the water throttle give or take a little use your own judgement to not break the Paddle Wheel. If you would like you can use the Q key for more Paddle Action after they are decoupled. I have 1 & 2 Action Keys set for steering. Also I wish those Parachutes would light up!....lol

Craft File
The Crawfish Queen

Edited by castille7

Somehow I'm reminded of both The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and the song Proud Mary.

Looks pretty good. If Vessel Mover has been updated you can use that to move it to a river or somewhere more interesting.

11 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Somehow I'm reminded of both The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and the song Proud Mary.

Looks pretty good. If Vessel Mover has been updated you can use that to move it to a river or somewhere more interesting.

Thank you @pTrevTrevs, and I will check into the Vessel Mover for future videos, I like that idea!

5 hours ago, Redshift OTF said:

Yay, great stuff. I experimented with paddles as well but couldn't get much more than 2 or 3 m/s. It's like you get more drag underwater but non of the benefits such as extra pushing power or lift. :(

Thanks @Redshift OTF and yes no pushing power, but I wonder if other items might produce better pushing? I didn't test anything else.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.