Hesitation to launch... checklist?

THX1138

22 hours ago, SpacedCowboy said:

Or the opposite situation when there's nothing on the first stage BUT launch clamps! You hit the space bar and,,, ( insert sound here )

I've done this too.  My first rocket in 1.1.2 had this happen and it crashed so hard on the pad the game crashed.

I check my staging the instant after I hit the "Go to launch" button. Not that I plan things that way, but that's how they always seem to turn out. It's a rare event, when I don't have to revert to the VAB at least two or three times. I blame advancing age.*

* Not mine, but it's gotta be somebody's fault. :wink:

Edited by SSgt Baloo

I use an actual real written check list which has check staging on it twice, but I still get caught reverting back for a minor tweak only to find it somehow fouled up my staging.  Also sometimes I just get the symbols mixed up especially after a lot of hours in the pilot's seat so it's still not unusual to drop a stage and instead watch a later stage go zooming up into the sky (or overheat a lower stage).  Still the check list does help but you really have force yourself to use it every time like a real pilot as it's easy to get a bit jaded after launch #4004.

Sending an two orion ships to Jool to start an major base, forgetting the probe with the large scanner so no only the surface scanner works. 
Expedition included an SSTO rocket who can land and take off from Laythe and Tylo but need to land on ore so it can mine and take off. 

Sending an crew replacement mission to Eve but forgetting an satellite I have contract for, 

On 7/6/2016 at 10:21 AM, LordFerret said:

And then you get out to the pad and realize you forgot to do the staging..........

Early players truly know that pain, when you couldn't change the staging outside of the VAB/SPH

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.