HOW DO YOU GET TO EVE or JOOL???

HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU GET TO JOOL OR FREAKIN EVE?? I made my best and biggest rocket but ITS TOO UNSTABLE IT JUST OVERHEATS THATS IT the problem is i need a good rocket design and more fuel somebody help!

Edited by Kerbal Nerd123

Well, if your on Earth you have to find the kerbin sol system first:lol: It is undiscovered as of yet by humans. And youll need interstellar warpdrive.

Ok sorry for being funny, lets help you for real. To get from Kerbin to eve or jool is the same for most other planets by using a hohmann transfer.

This link explains how to.get to Duna.

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com

The only difference.with eve and Jool is that you need a different amount of delta v. The link explains everything. From building your vessel to piloting it.

seriously:

this web page http://alexmoon.github.io/ksp/ will tell you WHEN to leave so you use the least fuel. (and what direction, etc etc) 

and the tutorial in my sig will tell you what to how to plot and execute that course.

also learn what delta V is, and make sure your craft has enough delta V for the flight plus maneuvering when you get there.

HTH

Moving to Gameplay Questions.

Seriously, it's the same as going to any other planet in the solar system... there's no way to help you unless we have an idea of exactly what your difficulty is.  Can you be more specific?  i.e. "I want to go to Eve, and here is a screenshot of the ship I tried to use, but I can't seem to get there because of <difficult thing>."

Well if you want to get to Jool then I would put yourself into orbit around kerbin, get a large craft with a lot of fuel, refuel it and do all that, exit kerbin, yadayadayada, and then just get into jool orbit.

I would recommend finding a video, it's easier.

Alright first you want to find your Phase angle or the angle that your origin and destination have to be in relation to each other. 2nd You are going to want to  find your ejection angle or what point on your orbit. you make your maneuver node. Jool is quite easy. You just want Jool to be at twelve o'clock and Kerbin to be at 3 o'clock. Then burn prograde to your current orbit and keep going until you get an encounter. Jool doesn't need a plain change to get the encounter initially so you don't need to do a correction burn until later. Kerbin to Jool takes about 2000 m/s of DV so bring a relatively large ship. Eve is slightly harder. You need the phase angle to be at -54 degrees or if you've ever gone to Duna, basically the opposite of that. You also need to do a plain change to get your encounter initially and the burn to intersect Eve's orbit takes about 1100 m/s + the plain change.

Alternatively use this website.

http://ksp.olex.biz/

Hope this helped.

Edited by Firemetal

On 7/6/2016 at 5:58 PM, Vaporized Steel said:

Well, if your on Earth you have to find the kerbin sol system first:lol: It is undiscovered as of yet by humans. And youll need interstellar warpdrive.

Ok sorry for being funny, lets help you for real. To get from Kerbin to eve or jool is the same for most other planets by using a hohmann transfer.

This link explains how to.get to Duna.

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com

The only difference.with eve and Jool is that you need a different amount of delta v. The link explains everything. From building your vessel to piloting it.

By earth i mean kerbin Lol

On 7/6/2016 at 5:56 PM, Richy teh space man said:

Use a space ship.

But seriously, you need to give us more info on what the problem is, designing? Transferring to other planets? Fuel runs out?

Designing is a bit a problem but the fuel is the major problem

16 hours ago, Firemetal said:

Alright first you want to find your Phase angle or the angle that your origin and destination have to be in relation to each other. 2nd You are going to want to  find your ejection angle or what point on your orbit. you make your maneuver node. Jool is quite easy. You just want Jool to be at twelve o'clock and Kerbin to be at 3 o'clock. Then burn prograde to your current orbit and keep going until you get an encounter. Jool doesn't need a plain change to get the encounter initially so you don't need to do a correction burn until later. Kerbin to Jool takes about 2000 m/s of DV so bring a relatively large ship. Eve is slightly harder. You need the phase angle to be at -54 degrees or if you've ever gone to Duna, basically the opposite of that. You also need to do a plain change to get your encounter initially and the burn to intersect Eve's orbit takes about 1100 m/s + the plain change.

Alternatively use this website.

http://ksp.olex.biz/

Hope this helped.

Ok ill try to make a suitable rocket for that the only thing is i need a design.But still thank for the help

By the way how do you post screenshots? Aaa im kinda new to KSP forums...

Ok. I wrote a very long answer... My connection died... Everything vanished. 

The answer said in short: For your first few interplanetary flight, use 1-way drones. It's way easier, you don't need to worry about the way back, you just need enough fuel for a Kerbin escape, some maneuvering, and using your engines as a break. (or use a lander drone.) for the flight to Other planets you need no fuel after the Escape except for maneuver stuff because space has nearly no drag and ksp doesn't simulate this low drag level, so the distance is, from an engine and fuel point of view, nearly not a matter at all. 

Edit: the original answer also stated that I am not very good in Ksp. Just in case I just said some wrong things please correct me. I would love to learn how to Play this game without burning my Kerbals to death. 

Edited by lasersword

46 minutes ago, Kerbal Nerd123 said:

Ok ill try to make a suitable rocket for that the only thing is i need a design.But still thank for the help

By the way how do you post screenshots? Aaa im kinda new to KSP forums...

Imgur.

Go to imgur and upload a picture. If you make it an album, click on the "I"  on the top of your post editor and copy and paste the id into the textbox.

Oh and use LV-N atomic engines. Make sure if you are using a liquid fuel + oxidizer fuel tank to empty the oxidizer since LV-Ns don't use oxidizer and I'd suggest using jet fuel (Mk1, 2 and 3 spaceplane parts) as your fuel since they give double the LF with no oxidizer.

Edited by Firemetal

28 minutes ago, Warzouz said:

Just paste the URL of your screenshot.

Just to add to this explanation:

1. You can take a screenshot in-game by hitting F1.  This will save an image file to the "Screenshots" folder in your KSP install.
  2. You then need to upload your screenshot to some hosting service somewhere.
    • Doesn't really matter where, as long as it's somewhere that's publicly visible without needing a signed-in account to view.
    • Personally, I like to use imgur.com; it's really quick and easy to use, and doesn't require having an account to upload images.
  3. Once you've uploaded it somewhere, copy the URL of the uploaded image.
  4. Then paste that URL into your forum post, as Warzouz mentions.  The forum will automagically convert it into an inline image.

23 hours ago, Snark said:

Just to add to this explanation:

1. You can take a screenshot in-game by hitting F1.  This will save an image file to the "Screenshots" folder in your KSP install.
  2. You then need to upload your screenshot to some hosting service somewhere.
    • Doesn't really matter where, as long as it's somewhere that's publicly visible without needing a signed-in account to view.
    • Personally, I like to use imgur.com; it's really quick and easy to use, and doesn't require having an account to upload images.
  3. Once you've uploaded it somewhere, copy the URL of the uploaded image.
  4. Then paste that URL into your forum post, as Warzouz mentions.  The forum will automagically convert it into an inline image.

like this ???nesjxZ3

With my jool mission can KW rocketry will help with the engines?

Edited by Kerbal Nerd123

2 minutes ago, Kerbal Nerd123 said:

like this ???nesjxZ3

....no, that's just the word "nesjxZ3".  By "paste the URL", that means a thing starting with "http://" etc.  For example, if you're using imgur:  go find the page that shows the image on imgur.com, right-click on the image in your browser, choose "Copy Image Location", and then paste that into your message.

The string you provide above looks like an imgur identifier, so I went and found the image on imgur for you.  Here's your image:

nesjxZ3.png

So... I see that you're trying to build a thing that looks like the US space shuttle.

My advice:  don't do that.  Launching a working shuttle is really hard, and is more "expert mode"-- just build a traditional rocket and get comfortable with that before you try to do something fancy.

And going to Jool needs a lot more dV than a shuttle replica's gonna have, generally.

10 hours ago, Snark said:

....no, that's just the word "nesjxZ3".  By "paste the URL", that means a thing starting with "http://" etc.  For example, if you're using imgur:  go find the page that shows the image on imgur.com, right-click on the image in your browser, choose "Copy Image Location", and then paste that into your message.

The string you provide above looks like an imgur identifier, so I went and found the image on imgur for you.  Here's your image:

nesjxZ3.png

So... I see that you're trying to build a thing that looks like the US space shuttle.

My advice:  don't do that.  Launching a working shuttle is really hard, and is more "expert mode"-- just build a traditional rocket and get comfortable with that before you try to do something fancy.

And going to Jool needs a lot more dV than a shuttle replica's gonna have, generally.

nesjxZ3.png Just a random Image...

No this is not the spacecraft I'm Trying to build

Edited by Kerbal Nerd123
untidy

1 minute ago, FullMetalMachinist said:

Jool is a gas giant. There is no surface to land on. If you try, your ship will explode once it gets to a certain point. 

No but the ship will glitch through the ground sort of can stay in the surface i have seen videos of it look

And i think you got to land somewhere near the jool's pole like really in real life the saturn's poles are like jelly ish like soft ground on the poles

• 2 weeks later...

First, why do you want to land on Jool in the first place? It has 5 moons that are meant to be landed on which are much more interesting imo. Second, Eve is possibly the hardest in the game to return from unless you're just going on a one way trip. And third, I would suggest going to Duna first since it is easier than both that you are going to. (Unless you already have)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.