Nightingale Softworks Development Thread

Sorry guys!  I've been pretty absent the past couple weeks (and before that I was around, but wasn't getting much beyond minor issue investigation done).  Things just started getting so busy that I needed to step away from KSP over the holiday break to recharge.  I'll soon have more time for modding again.  In the meantime, I'm going to start going through the backlog of items in the various threads for mods that I take care of and start raising issues so I can properly go through them and start doing fixes in the near future.

• 2 years later...

KSP 1.8 Update Plans

I haven't been around these days, but I'm going to be taking some time to update things for KSP 1.8.  No promises on timelines, but here's my list in order of priority.  Note that I'm only looking at minor bugfixes and KSP 1.8 compatibility at this time.

1. Waypoint Manager (done)
  2. Contract Configurator
    1. Contract Pack: Tourism
    2. Contract Pack: Field Research
    3. Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor
    4. Contract Pack: RemoteTech
  3. Strategia
  4. Kerbal Sports

Note that Contract Configurator depends on Module Manager, and Strategia depends on Custom Barn Kit.  So don't expect any updates on those ones before their dependencies are ready.

Edited by nightingale

Well waypoint manager 2.8.0 is reported to work with 1.8.x and newer: so one cannot/should not install it for ksp 1.7.3.

Waypoint manager 2.7.5 (the other version on ckan) works with 1.6.0 - 1.6.99, according to ckan.

1 hour ago, paul23 said:

Well waypoint manager 2.8.0 is reported to work with 1.8.x and newer: so one cannot/should not install it for ksp 1.7.3.

Waypoint manager 2.7.5 (the other version on ckan) works with 1.6.0 - 1.6.99, according to ckan.

Because of the automated system I have in place for CKAN it's hard to go back and fix the compatibility on an old version - unfortunately 2.7.5 is stuck in a state of claiming to not work on 1.7.3 (even though I know people have reported that it works).  2.8.0 *may* work on 1.7.3, but it's not tested/supported - so I'm not going to change it that way either.  It's a mess - but time will fix it as people slowly move off of 1.7.3.

8 hours ago, paul23 said:

If you run KSP 1.7.3 in CKAN, go to Settings > Compatible KSP Versions and check 1.7 and 1.6.  (You could also check 1.5 and 1.4 as many of mods for those versions of KSP still work in 1.7.3.)  Then you can install Waypoint Manager 2.7.5.

.... Installing is not the problem (though the solution of tricking ckan is by far the worst solution, using command line I easily installed waypoint manager, and one can also do manually, both are better than the tricking ckan, which is like using a hammer to fasten a screw, or using a flamethrower and burning your house to kill a rodent).

• 2 months later...

I see that Contract Configurator is updated for 1.8.  Do the mission packs still need to be updated or do they already work?  Specifically, I'm wondering about the Remote Tech pack and the Field Science pack.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.