Forum no-nos

Goody1981

48 minutes ago, cubinator said:

2084: Making me think you were referencing the song I wrote which is titled 2084

2087: Quoting someone for no reason.

On 4/16/2018 at 7:16 AM, 53miner53 said:

284: not knowing what to post when you are posting

285: demonstrating

286:

On 4/15/2018 at 8:34 PM, StrandedonEarth said:

283. Content-less posts

On 4/15/2018 at 4:52 PM, Kernel Kraken said:

290: going out of order within list threads.

On 4/14/2018 at 4:08 PM, RealKerbal3x said:

280: Incorrectly spelling the names of spacecraft (eg. spelling the name of the space shuttle Endeavour as Endeavor)

On 4/14/2018 at 12:16 PM, YNM said:

279 : Posting politically-induced content.

The childrens must be kept in the dark !

289: arguing over nonsense. 

290: clicking on "don't click this"

291: not clicking on the "don't click this"

292: doing either 290 or 291.

• 9 months later...

294: Randomly googling your own username in an attempt to find your deviant art page when google's auto-complete functionality is only giving you links to your old accounts and stumbling onto an old forum account, then reading through the 10 posts you made until you find a game post then deciding to post one more time out of some odd sense of nostalgia from the time when you used to play nothing but KSP.

295: Reading all the posts posted since you last posted a post at seven in the morning on a Friday.

297: Making the fifth or sixth post about going out of order while genuinely trying to be funny, thereby proving that you didn't actually read all the posts posted since you last posted a post at seven in the morning on a Friday.

296: lying about not reading all the posts you posted since you last posted a post to make a joke.

298: Posting a post so that rule #294 no longer applies.

299: Ignoring the cat tax mentioned in my previous post linked here.

300: THIS IS SPARTA!

301: We're sorry but the URL you clicked has been moved. You should be redirected to the new URL after a few moments. Click Here if nothing happens.

302: Making overly elaborate jokes using links.

303: taking way too many spots on the list of forum no-nos.

Edited by Liarra Sniffles

On 7/6/2016 at 10:40 PM, Dman979 said:

43. Getting @Red Iron Crown mad. It's hard to do, but it can be done, and it's not pretty.

A bit late but I've been on here for a little over a year and a half and still haven't seen @Red Iron Crown angry.

I triple dog dare you.

Spoiler

Badum- crash. Dog.

• 2 months later...

310: maintaining the opinion that the N1 moon rocket was a bad idea.

On 7/6/2016 at 7:06 PM, Tourist said:

23:a) treating all console-Kerbalnauts as knuckle dragging, COD dudbros or petulant children. (This isn't so relevant now, but it will be.)    

Oh how wrong you were.

On 7/19/2016 at 12:09 AM, Ruedii said:

tomatoes are a berry not a vegetable and by the standard that deemed them a vegetable asparagus would be a fruit.

Thanks for my new favourite opinion. I have never used emacs, what specifically is it for? I just use Microsoft Word and python. 

311?: Using a compiler when there is no need.

On 4/8/2018 at 5:24 AM, GoSlash27 said:

28: Referring to your DV in the term (number) DV; "My rocket has 514 DV".
257: Violating rule 28 and pluralizing it; "My rocket has 514 DVs"

312: not mentioning when a power of 8/ computer compatible number shows up, especially when I am within 4096 miles of a computer.

On 4/8/2019 at 4:34 PM, Kernel Kraken said:

Thanks for my new favourite opinion. I have never used emacs, what specifically is it for? I just use Microsoft Word and python. 

EMACS is an old school text editor.  It's highly optimized for code and largely uses keyboard macro input.

Editing python in Microsoft Word?   Is that troll bait?  

313 Asking for Mobile KSP & Multiplayer KSP.

On 7/7/2016 at 8:42 AM, nightingale said:

27. Attempting to reply to big threads on mobile.

Well I'm lately replying via mobile. It's a hassle, unless you put Desktop Mode on.

More two cents under spoilers :

Spoiler

I think gaming smartphones van run KSP if it's ever ported to Mobile, especially the Fortnite Phones, Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and Huawei Honor View 20. Remember, phone manufacturers can always collaborate with game developers to create a phone that runs the whole thing smoothly.

While for multiplayer, the idea to warp every single player in the host's Physics Range is good, but actually it's better if the range can be easily changed to accommodate more players and big spacecrafts. Or the timewarp goes individually, but then the settings can be changed by yhe hostto either use either methods of timewarp or just disable it anyway. For mod compatibility, what about collaboration with CKAN & KerbalX? They could develop a system that lists mods the host will accept and the list of mods that majority participants have.

Spoiler

For Chrome Mobile :

STEP ONE!

1. Open the 3-dot menu on the top-right, adjacent to the search / URL bar.

STEP TWO!

Scroll until you find "Desktop Mode" or "Desktop Site".

STEP THREE!

Check the box. Wait for the site to 'evolve'.

-Oso's AI-like Thing On His Vest-

/\ Could be a good example of a meme anyways. The Three Healthy Steps.

Spoiler

Sorry if my entry has been submitted before. It's almost 12 in the midnight by the time I posted this.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.