[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

I don't think I've mentioned how much I love the improvements your mods make.  I used in game pictures from Duna and Jool to tempt a friend of mine back into playing the game (he stopped after getting to minmus and only did stock the first time).  And my desktop background is currently this little beauty

0MCk11g.jpg

Thank you for continuing to improve these mods and the new Jool looks GREAT.  

But..... the old Laythe was my favorite planet so I have to ask if there is something I can do to revert Laythe back to the last version while keeping all of the other updates?  Im not even sure which file contains the data for those colors.  I tried deleting and replacing the Laythe file under scatterer>config>planets but it didnt seem to change anything.  I tried a couple of other edits but I clearly have a misunderstanding about how visuals work cause I couldn't get anything to change haha.

Thanks again!!

Edit: After restoring the old files I realized I'm an idiot :sticktongue::confused:.  Laythe was in Jool's shadow which was blocking that beautiful glowy blue from showing.  Fast fowarding time a little made it all make sense.  I now have all the new sexiness and my favorite planet looking just the way I like :D.

Edited by Uberns
/reboot brain

@Galileo  OK fixed Jool rings I missed the ModularFlightIntegrator  

But now I have some different strange bug on Laythe and Eve and on grass around KSP center.  IT looks like some kind of stripes going through those planets.  

I think it was not there before I put that Modular Flight Integrator to the Game Data folder.    Will try and post results.   

So I am using KSP 64bit 1.2.2 with SVE 1.1.4 and scatterer 0.0256 with Reshade framework 1.1.0f  but it is doing this even without Reshade.

Pics or it didn't happen

HmPzMNk.png

flGwqih.png

1vBGGIp.png

Edited by Jovzin
typo

1 hour ago, Jovzin said:

@Galileo  OK fixed Jool rings I missed the ModularFlightIntegrator  

But now I have some different strange bug on Laythe and Eve and on grass around KSP center.  IT looks like some kind of stripes going through those planets.  

I think it was not there before I put that Modular Flight Integrator to the Game Data folder.    Will try and post results.   

So I am using KSP 64bit 1.2.2 with SVE 1.1.4 and scatterer 0.0256 with Reshade framework 1.1.0f  but it is doing this even without Reshade.

Pics or it didn't happen

HmPzMNk.png

flGwqih.png

1vBGGIp.png

Stop forcing opengl or dx11.  Also,  scatterer does not work in the tracking station. Go into flight mode to see the effects. 

Edited by Galileo

14 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Stop forcing opengl or dx11

Also, those are taken from the tracking station. Scattered is disabled in the tracking station so to see the effects you'll have to actually visit the place.

EDIT: Ach I quoted the wrong message curse you mobile! ;.;

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Stop forcing opengl or dx11.  Also,  scatterer does not work in the tracking station. Go into flight mode to see the effects. 

Crap you are right. I remember it started when I change to force DX11 bcs of Reshade.

Thank you for your help.

Btw why it is not good to have KSP running in DX11 mode ?  I thought that it has a better graphics and memory savings or ?

Edited by Jovzin
typo

2 minutes ago, Jovzin said:

Crap you are right. I remember it started when I change to force DX11 bcs of Reshade.

Thank you for your help.

Btw why it is not good to have KSP running in DX11 mode ?  I thought that it has a better graphics and memory savings or ?

That was relevant when KSP only had x32 bit. Now that it has x64,  that is no longer needed. 

19 hours ago, LameLefty said:

Fantastic! I love the new Jool, Jool ring and Laythe effects. I haven't yet witnessed snow on Kerbin or the geysers on Eeloo but I presume they are similarly spectacular.

Query for anyone (Galile or anyone else who cares to anwer) - how can I create configure some thin, high cirrus on Duna like the old Astronomer's Pack for EVE a year or two back? I like the haze, but I wish there was a little high, scattered cloud coverage for contrast. Thanks for any advice or suggestions from anyone.

You can just go into the cloud cfg and find the Laythe-cirrus clouds  copy and paste the node,  change the names to Duna,  and boom,  cirrus clouds on Duna :)

22 hours ago, ThiccRocketScientist said:

Anyone know why my EVE looks so dark? Should I try reinstalling SVE? Files are pretty big to download, tho.

4CN26Zw.png

You are probably in an eclipse,  is my guess

6 hours ago, Harindir Elmhigh said:

I'm having some problems,

http://imgur.com/a/sKEaA

Not sure what to add to that.
Any other information that would be helpful?

Post your logs 

11 hours ago, Uberns said:

I don't think I've mentioned how much I love the improvements your mods make.  I used in game pictures from Duna and Jool to tempt a friend of mine back into playing the game (he stopped after getting to minmus and only did stock the first time).  And my desktop background is currently this little beauty

0MCk11g.jpg

You should retake that screenshot with the updated Jool with rings:) 

7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

You should retake that screenshot with the updated Jool with rings:) 

Development of the new Laythe base construction ship is currently in progress.  There shall be many pictures taken :D:D

1 minute ago, Uberns said:

Development of the new Laythe base construction ship is currently in progress.  There shall be many pictures taken :D:D

Can't wait :)

I too,  really liked the old Laythe, but a lot of people hated it so I changed it. 

Edited by Galileo

5 hours ago, cy4n said:

@ockidj If you install the beta version of Scatterer manually, it does:

25zAWd8.png

Do your terminators have very hard transition? Can you take a screenshot of the full planet from the side? 

If it looks like this

XEGsU1k.png

Thats not how it should look.  The terminators should be more gradual. 

Edited by Galileo

37 minutes ago, Galileo said:

You don't have Jool rings installed... You should have a file named Jool_rings in your GameData 

This isnt autoinstall? Jool rings not included by default in new SVE?
No jool rings in Ckan search.

In first post here no more link for jool rings too. =/

Version SVE installed: 1.1.5 MR

Edit: I found jool rings here: https://github.com/Galileo88/StockVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/1.1.5

In adtional, downloaded scatterer version SVE too.
Both Its NOT visible or recommended in Ckan for SVE.

Edited by Phoenyx

38 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

This isnt autoinstall? Jool rings not included by default in new SVE?
No jool rings in Ckan search.

In first post here no more link for jool rings too. =/

Version SVE installed: 1.1.5 MR

Edit: I found jool rings here: https://github.com/Galileo88/StockVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/1.1.5

In adtional, downloaded scatterer version SVE too.
Both Its NOT visible or recommended in Ckan for SVE.

Do not install via CKAN.  Install manually. Jool rings are not on ckan

Edited by Galileo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.