[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

@Berlin

Many thanks for this mod, it looks great .. however  (latest steam version) i'm getting non graceful crashes, usually within 15  mins.  I'm not a programmer but happy for any instruction to find the issue. I'm using the medium res build.

I did see that perhaps scatterer may not be stable in 1.13?

Other mods installed: Engineer, Planet Shine, Rocket Real Plumes, Chatter

Windows 10, 64 bit, 16Meg Ram, decent(ish) gaming rig.

Edited by RonaldRayGun
wrong mod name

Forgive me if this is a known issue - but just reporting (not whining), the visuals look vastly different between the tracking station and being in orbit.
This picture should illustrate:

On the left, taken from Jool orbit. On the right, taken from the tracking station.
Same save game file, same GFX settings, same comp, etc etc.
oi68.tinypic.com/vq645z.jpg
vq645z.jpg

33 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

Forgive me if this is a known issue - but just reporting (not whining), the visuals look vastly different between the tracking station and being in orbit.
This picture should illustrate:

On the left, taken from Jool orbit. On the right, taken from the tracking station.
Same save game file, same GFX settings, same comp, etc etc.
oi68.tinypic.com/vq645z.jpg
vq645z.jpg

The tracking station doesn't show Scatterer effects, it's only shown in flight and in map view.

11 hours ago, UpdogMcFreeley said:

I did. But let me try again.

OnfKrE1.png
n1MLUr3.png
Q653QNH.png
FeOf2qg.png
YpbT5rm.png

Have you tried a fresh install? 

What version are you using?  High, med, low? 

5 hours ago, RonaldRayGun said:

@Berlin

Many thanks for this mod, it looks great .. however  (latest steam version) i'm getting non graceful crashes, usually within 15  mins.  I'm not a programmer but happy for any instruction to find the issue. I'm using the medium res build.

I did see that perhaps scatterer may not be stable in 1.13?

Other mods installed: Engineer, Planet Shine, Rocket Real Plumes, Chatter

Windows 10, 64 bit, 16Meg Ram, decent(ish) gaming rig.

Post your logs please. 

35 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

The tracking station doesn't show Scatterer effects, it's only shown in flight and in map view.

I'm confused on how people still don't know this. I'll have to put it in the OP I guess 

18 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Yes. I've re-downloaded both mod and KSP several times.

High res.

Outer Planets Mod is not working when SVE is installed.

I used SVE on this machine with v. 1.1.2 and it worked fine. (not OPM, I'm trying that for the first time.)

When I get time, I'll try med res.

Definitely try med resolution.  I have a feeling your Mac can't handle 8k textures and is causing this.  Not a knock on your system,  but macs have a strange history with this mod and the high resolution. 

Edited by Berlin

34 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Definitely try med resolution.  I have a feeling your Mac can't handle 8k textures and is causing this.  Not a knock on your system,  but macs have a strange history with this mod and the high resolution. 

That worked and it looks fantastic! 

May I suggest a note in the op that Mac users should try med res if they have trouble with high? 

Thank you for the mod and your time!

2 hours ago, Berlin said:

Mac's actually can't load 8k textures if I'm remembering a discussion with rbray awhile back correctly. Something with the Unity engine on Mac's being unable to do so.... I'm not 100% on that though, I could be remembering incorrectly. 

1 hour ago, UpdogMcFreeley said:

That worked and it looks fantastic! 

May I suggest a note in the op that Mac users should try med res if they have trouble with high? 

Thank you for the mod and your time!

absolutely!

14 hours ago, Berlin said:

Post your logs please. 

14 hours ago, Berlin said:

Post your logs please. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qedyn4vnagtt11f/output_log.txt?dl=0

Is this what you need?

31 minutes ago, Balrog said:

Looks good, but I saw clouds during my descent to the surface of the Mun. :)

LOOOONG Reentry Plasma Trails - OH MY GOD that is so cool! That mod is doing that?

I put mun dust on the moon.  But landing on some low areas will look like clouds.  I'll have a fix next update I hope.  Reentry particles is the mod making the long trails

Could you add some low-level clouds for Duna to simulate sandstorms?

I've been trying to re-create The Martian, and I have everything set up. All I need now is a sandstorm that'll impale Watney and make the crew leave without him.

There should be sandstorm already

56 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

Could you add some low-level clouds for Duna to simulate sandstorms?

I've been trying to re-create The Martian, and I have everything set up. All I need now is a sandstorm that'll impale Watney and make the crew leave without him.

There should be Duststorms already

1 minute ago, eberkain said:

Are weather effects possible, like rain & thunderstorms on kerbin, would be interesting to fly in. 

I have seen it done in ksprc but I haven't looked to see how it was done.  

Yeah I guess. But I do remember the old sandstorms thing from the old days of EVE. Those storms were visible from space, and cut down light severely. These dust storms are more like just the sort of ambient dust blowing around in the breeze. They're not like the big wall that you saw with the other one.

It would be a bit nicer if you just added one, that moves slowly around the planet so that you don't encounter it that often, but is very thick and dark.

Also, you could see if you could be allowed to use chatterer and make it so that when the big storms come by the wind sounds kick up. Perhaps hear the sound of sand blasting against the side of the craft.

I'm not trying to be a pain, but I'm trying to make a video of a re-creation of The Martian. Those light dust clouds don't really give off the "OH GOD THE MAV'S GOING TO TIP!" vibe. 

1 hour ago, Raptor22 said:

Yeah I guess. But I do remember the old sandstorms thing from the old days of EVE. Those storms were visible from space, and cut down light severely. These dust storms are more like just the sort of ambient dust blowing around in the breeze. They're not like the big wall that you saw with the other one.

It would be a bit nicer if you just added one, that moves slowly around the planet so that you don't encounter it that often, but is very thick and dark.

Also, you could see if you could be allowed to use chatterer and make it so that when the big storms come by the wind sounds kick up. Perhaps hear the sound of sand blasting against the side of the craft.

I'm not trying to be a pain, but I'm trying to make a video of a re-creation of The Martian. Those light dust clouds don't really give off the "OH GOD THE MAV'S GOING TO TIP!" vibe. 

The winds on Mars/Duna don't have the pushing power required to push over a MAV, so I suppose it's more realistic.

2 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

I am going to implement Duststorms visible from space next update 

Hi berlin, i really love this mod, i just give my two cents about some features, keep in mind that i don't know what i'm talking about, maybe i'ts impossible to do, i'ts just what i think

So, i took a quick trip to the north pole of kerbin, in the lands of the everlasting winter, just to admire the Aurora, and i noticed that it's invisible by night, what i mean it's that the aurora itself doesn't glow, it's just a green texture floating around, is it possible to make it shine of proper light? Here's some screens of what i'm talking about

Also, i noticed that the clouds always looks very greyish while flying close to them, like storm clouds, it's possible to make them more white and bright? The distant ones are very white but the close ones not. Also i don't know if this is some sort of bug but while i was flying to the north pole i encountered this:

w5gjLDml.png  

They looks very bright, i like it! but it's almost night..... so, what's happening? :confused:

Lastly, the Plasma trail, as awesome as it is, it looks very silly to show just at barely mach 2, i'd like it more to start past 1000 m/s, it's beautiful as a reentry effect, but while flying fast planes it's out of place

I'm sorry if i'm bothering you, and for my bad english...

1 minute ago, Stocchinet said:

Hi berlin, i really love this mod, i just give my two cents about some features, keep in mind that i don't know what i'm talking about, maybe i'ts impossible to do, i'ts just what i think

So, i took a quick trip to the north pole of kerbin, in the lands of the everlasting winter, just to admire the Aurora, and i noticed that it's invisible by night, what i mean it's that the aurora itself doesn't glow, it's just a green texture floating around, is it possible to make it shine of proper light? Here's some screens of what i'm talking about

Also, i noticed that the clouds always looks very greyish while flying close to them, like storm clouds, it's possible to make them more white and bright? The distant ones are very white but the close ones not. Also i don't know if this is some sort of bug but while i was flying to the north pole i encountered this:

w5gjLDml.png  

They looks very bright, i like it! but it's almost night..... so, what's happening? :confused:

Lastly, the Plasma trail, as awesome as it is, it looks very silly to show just at barely mach 2, i'd like it more to start past 1000 m/s, it's beautiful as a reentry effect, but while flying fast planes it's out of place

I'm sorry if i'm bothering you, and for my bad english...

I've got to say I agree with everything you say lol - Idk if glowing auroras are possible with EVE yet. It's on the ToDo list last I heard. If the plasma trail could be edited to show when past 1km/s I'd agree with that too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.