[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

Hey there, I haven't used this mod yet and I didn't see much info in the OP. So I wonder, how is it different from what is already out there? Is it just a bundle of visual enhancement mods, does it replace their textures or does it have its own unique features? 

Also, which mods it replaces/includes/conflicts with? I currently use EVE, Scatterer (both are included in SVE, I understand), Distant Object Enhancement, Engine Lighting, PlanetShine, RealPlume and SmokeScreen. Can I just replace the first two with SVE and, if I do, will I see any difference?

4 hours ago, garwel said:

Hey there, I haven't used this mod yet and I didn't see much info in the OP. So I wonder, how is it different from what is already out there? Is it just a bundle of visual enhancement mods, does it replace their textures or does it have its own unique features? 

Also, which mods it replaces/includes/conflicts with? I currently use EVE, Scatterer (both are included in SVE, I understand), Distant Object Enhancement, Engine Lighting, PlanetShine, RealPlume and SmokeScreen. Can I just replace the first two with SVE and, if I do, will I see any difference?

Different mods serve different purposes. If you download the ZIP (of which I've taken care of for you), you can see the files that it comes with.

dfd9722059.png
Put those files inside your GameData folder. Do not put the outer folder titled "SVE <Resolution version> 1.0.1" inside it. You have to put its contents inside your GameData folder.

But yeah; those are the mods bundled with SVE. As for whether or not you'll see a difference between SVE and just installing the mods it comes with manually: I don't know, so we'll have to wait for Berlin on that. I imagine that some of the settings might be tweaked to make everything work together.

Edited by Anase Skyrider
Fixed a broken parenthesis

Hey, great work, thank you very much it looks fantastic. Just a few questions:

- I'm not getting the volumetric clouds, only a thin layer of high altitude ones. Is it because of EVE not being up to date?

- The aurora borealis looks great, but shouldn't be there also an aurora australis?

- There used to be lightnings in Astronomers Visual Pack, any chance we could look forward to these in SVE?

57 minutes ago, Salvator said:

Hey, great work, thank you very much it looks fantastic. Just a few questions:

- I'm not getting the volumetric clouds, only a thin layer of high altitude ones. Is it because of EVE not being up to date?

- The aurora borealis looks great, but shouldn't be there also an aurora australis?

- There used to be lightnings in Astronomers Visual Pack, any chance we could look forward to these in SVE?

Nope, EVE works perfectly in 1.1.3,  make sure you have a large cloud formation over you to see if you have volumetric clouds. 

Aurora Australis, although beautiful,  is an Earth feature not kerbin and I think it would look strange.  :)

I haven't tried to implement lightning.  iirc, it was very buggy in astronomers visual pack. I'll have to look and see if I can do it, but it's not really a big priority atm. 

Edited by Berlin

Oh, I'll check it better, then.

But you got that wrong :). "Australis" is latin for "southern", so aurora australis is just aurora on the south pole :). The thing is, that an aurora are charged particles from the solar wind, that get sucked into the atmosphere by planet's magnetosphere. Kerbin has both atmosphere and magnetosphere and its axis is not tilted, so i think the auroras should appear simultaneously on both poles. Who knows, maybe there should be auroras on Laythe too...

Some more atmospheric effects would be great :)

25 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Is that good or bad? :D I wanted to exaggerate it a little :)

I love it! I think it adds to the "otherness" of the Kerbal system. Please, do not change it.

2 hours ago, Salvator said:

But you got that wrong :). "Australis" is latin for "southern", so aurora australis is just aurora on the south pole :). The thing is, that an aurora are charged particles from the solar wind, that get sucked into the atmosphere by planet's magnetosphere. Kerbin has both atmosphere and magnetosphere and its axis is not tilted, so i think the auroras should appear simultaneously on both poles. Who knows, maybe there should be auroras on Laythe too...

This.

@Nhawks17: This once proud worshiper of the Blue Text is sad, but understanding. Best of lunk in your other endeavors.

@Berlin: Apparently, my worshiping is now transferred to you, so All Hail You. Looks like an outstanding start, and I'm happy to see this still running strong, straight, and hot. On the question side, is there no longer an Ultra version? Maybe my old eyes just missed it, and if it's just High now, no issues. Curiosity more than anything.

2 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

This.

@Nhawks17: This once proud worshiper of the Blue Text is sad, but understanding. Best of lunk in your other endeavors.

@Berlin: Apparently, my worshiping is now transferred to you, so All Hail You. Looks like an outstanding start, and I'm happy to see this still running strong, straight, and hot. On the question side, is there no longer an Ultra version? Maybe my old eyes just missed it, and if it's just High now, no issues. Curiosity more than anything.

red text is more my style! perhaps worship the red text now?

high resolution is 8k (same as ultra)

medium is 4k

and low is 2k

1 hour ago, Berlin said:

To me red says aggressive,  not necessarily combative unless going to war against cfgs is a thing :D

Red is creative and passionate, not necessarily aggressive. Chartreuse, now that is a combative colour.

Edited by Jack Wolfe

I've got a sort of Snowball Kerbin bug on a fresh 1.1.3 install with no mods but the SVE pack. I don't know if it makes any difference but I'm on a Mac. I've re-downloaded both KSP and the mod repeatedly.

OnfKrE1.png

n1MLUr3.png

Q653QNH.png

FeOf2qg.png

YpbT5rm.png

Edited by UpdogMcFreeley
Images weren't uploaded correctly

8 hours ago, Berlin said:

Aurora Australis, although beautiful,  is an Earth feature not kerbin and I think it would look strange

6 hours ago, Salvator said:

Yup. Unless Kerbin has s a monopole for an electromagnetic field there should indeed be aurora on both poles. Hopefully the next EVE version will allow them to be visible again on the night side as well

1 hour ago, UpdogMcFreeley said:

I've got a sort of Snowball Kerbin bug on a fresh 1.1.3 install with no mods but the SVE pack. I don't know if it makes any difference but I'm on a Mac. I've re-downloaded both KSP and the mod repeatedly.

kVNDBS0

CzydRgD

hSNyGLt

hSNyGLt

tiB3hhW

photos aren't uploaded correctly

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.