[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

I got the itch to play KSP and decided to look for visual mods and was utterly disappointed that most weren't updated. Ended up finding this because of my name being thrown around. Looks good. The brighter and richer colors help a lot with the look (the desert is bright and actually looks like a desert) and with your other mod that adds the planet textures it all comes together nicely.

Hi, so I installed this with my 1.2.2 game, and it looks amazing. The game plays without really any FPS drop. However, ksp is constantly crashing now. Mostly between scene transfers, but it does sometimes happen while just driving around. I have some other mods installed but nothing i think of as too extensive. (They are KAS, KIS, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Planetary Domes, OPM, Kopernicus, and perhaps a few others that i cant think of....) Any suggestions as to what to do?

Timmy

On 1/10/2017 at 2:17 AM, baseballtjt said:

Hi, so I installed this with my 1.2.2 game, and it looks amazing. The game plays without really any FPS drop. However, ksp is constantly crashing now. Mostly between scene transfers, but it does sometimes happen while just driving around. I have some other mods installed but nothing i think of as too extensive. (They are KAS, KIS, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Planetary Domes, OPM, Kopernicus, and perhaps a few others that i cant think of....) Any suggestions as to what to do?

Timmy

If you're looking for assistance... direct copy/paste from OP:

I WILL NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ME WITH AT LEAST YOUR OUTPUT.LOG AND SCREENSHOTS IF NECESSARY.  IF ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY IS "THIS ISN'T WORKING" YOU WILL BE IGNORED.

:wink:

On 1/7/2017 at 11:26 PM, Galileo said:

AND you have kopernicus expansions, which doesnt work in 1.2.2.

If this is still true, it's not reflected in either CKAN or KSP AVC.  However, removing Kopernicus fixes the no clouds issue for me.

12 minutes ago, Castun said:

If this is still true, it's not reflected in either CKAN or KSP AVC.  However, removing Kopernicus fixes the no clouds issue for me.

if you are talking about not having clouds in the main menu, that is normal and is listed in the known issues section of the OP.  If you go in game, there are clouds

Edited by Galileo

27 minutes ago, Galileo said:

if you are talking about not having clouds in the main menu, that is normal and is listed in the known issues section of the OP.  If you go in game, there are clouds

Sorry I don't mean the main menu, I mean in game itself.

I also had Kopernicus installed, which killed the clouds in game.  But both CKAN and KSP AVC show it as 1.2.2 compatible, unless you meant by itself it is compatible, but it breaks the clouds in SVE.

9 minutes ago, Castun said:

Sorry I don't mean the main menu, I mean in game itself.

I also had Kopernicus installed, which killed the clouds in game.  But both CKAN and KSP AVC show it as 1.2.2 compatible, unless you meant by itself it is compatible, but it breaks the clouds in SVE.

SVE is compatible with Kopernicus. I use Kopernicus when i develop all of my mods: SVE, SVT, GPP, SSRSS.

GPP, SSRSS and SVT require Kopernicus. GPP and SSRSS both have SVE included, so i know it works.. Its definitely something on your side.. 

Edited by Galileo

Ah sorry, you were talking about Kopernicus Expansions earlier, not Kopernicus itself.

Somehow I still had Kopernicus Expansions leftover from an earlier version that will still being picked up.  I had to change my filter in CKAN to show AutoDetected mods.

Having all sorts of weird issues still though...happened to notice I'm missing almost all planets...Kerbin still has the Mun & Minmus, but the only other planets out there are Eve and Jool, and Jool is missing all of its moons except for Laythe.  I think I need to start my massive modlist from scratch and see what's up.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:10 PM, Jovzin said:

A question if I may.

Jool rings mod should be just placed in GameData right ?

And should I see Jool rings in Tracking Station or not ?  Thx

This is a good question. I have the jool_rings folder inside my GameData folder, yet I don't see rings around Jool. So before I go digging around for logs and investing mod incompatibilities with one another, can anyone confirm this is where the jool_rings folder is supposed to go?

dSBrVYu.png

Thanks.

On 1/14/2017 at 5:10 PM, Jovzin said:

A question if I may.

Jool rings mod should be just placed in GameData right ?

And should I see Jool rings in Tracking Station or not ?  Thx

43 minutes ago, LameLefty said:

This is a good question. I have the jool_rings folder inside my GameData folder, yet I don't see rings around Jool. So before I go digging around for logs and investing mod incompatibilities with one another, can anyone confirm this is where the jool_rings folder is supposed to go?

Thanks.

did you install kopernicus like the readme asks you to?

Edited by Galileo

4 minutes ago, LameLefty said:

Yep. Among others.

FKdDfaR.png

Further down that window there's also SVEKopernicus and the TriggerTech folder for TriggerAu's Transfer Window Planner and KAC.

You are missing ModularFlightIntegrator,  which comes bundled with kopernicus and I can't see any lower than SVE but make sure you have the latest module manager too

Edited by Galileo

I would recommend the following changes:

• Add visibleRange = 5500 to layerVolume under Kerbin-MainClouds of clouds.cfg
  • Add visibleRange = 6250 to layerVolume under Eve-CloudsLow of clouds.cfg
  • Add visibleRange = 3500 to layerVolume under Laythe-CloudsHigh of clouds.cfg

There is no reason to burn so much GPU while standing on the ground to render volumetrics that make almost no visual difference at such a distance.

You can evaluate whether or not to make these changes by standing on the ground and looking up to the clouds from the same spot, taking a screenshot and noting the frame-rate; then comparing them.

7 hours ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

when looking at the files in SVE I noticed that the cloud particle file was actually rainbow colored instead of greyscale like every other file, why is that?

It's three particle images in one, each one using a gray scale channel mapped to the three color channels red, green and blue.

Edited by Tekener

UPDATE

• New cloud Texture for Jool with simulated 2degree tilt.
  • New Jool ring texture
  • Snow on Kerbin and geysers on Eeloo are now included by default
  • Better snow particle
  • Laythe's atmosphere is no longer green/blue and now looks more like Kerbin
  • Removed Hurricane from Laythe for performance reasons.
  • Fixed The Sun when Jool rings are installed (stock brightness)

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Galileo

14 hours ago, Galileo said:

UPDATE

• New cloud Texture for Jool with simulated 2degree tilt.
  • New Jool ring texture
  • Snow on Kerbin and geysers on Eeloo are now included by default
  • Better snow particle
  • Laythe's atmosphere is no longer green/blue and now looks more like Kerbin
  • Removed Hurricane from Laythe for performance reasons.
  • Fixed The Sun when Jool rings are installed (stock brightness)

Fantastic! I love the new Jool, Jool ring and Laythe effects. I haven't yet witnessed snow on Kerbin or the geysers on Eeloo but I presume they are similarly spectacular.

Query for anyone (Galile or anyone else who cares to anwer) - how can I create configure some thin, high cirrus on Duna like the old Astronomer's Pack for EVE a year or two back? I like the haze, but I wish there was a little high, scattered cloud coverage for contrast. Thanks for any advice or suggestions from anyone.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.