[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

19 minutes ago, SSgt Baloo said:

Since the most recent update (to 1.22) I can't download this mod using CKAN.

Whenever I try, I get the following error message: 

failed to download "https://github.com/Galileo88/StockVisualEnhancements/releases/download/1.1.21/SVE.HR.1.1.21.zip" - error: The request was aborted: The connection was closed unexpectedly.

I, like most modders, don't deal with any of the CKAN stuff. I have already changed the version file in the DL so that's something you need to bring up with those guys.

it usually takes a while for CKAN to update these things..

or you can download the all in one version and install it manually

13 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I, like most modders, don't deal with any of the CKAN stuff. I have already changed the version file in the DL so that's something you need to bring up with those guys.

it usually takes a while for CKAN to update these things..

or you can download the all in one version and install it manually

So I should inform the CKAN guys, then? I have learned not to install things manually. I seem to have a talent for wrapping things around the axles every time I try to install mods manually, and I prefer to spend more time playing the game than troubleshooting it, so I'll wait until whoever can fix the problem identifies it and fixes it.

Just now, SSgt Baloo said:

So I should inform the CKAN guys, then? I have learned not to install things manually. I seem to have a talent for wrapping things around the axles every time I try to install mods manually, and I prefer to spend more time playing the game than troubleshooting it, so I'll wait until whoever can fix the problem identifies it and fixes it.

yeah if you want to go let them know im sure they will do something about it. 

So, I've been having some problems. I set the errors to show on screen from the alt-f12 console menu. All I installed was the LR version of the SVE; I didn't include the jool_rings or snow and geysers. Once the game reaches the main menu, I get the following message:

"The AssetBundle 'file://E:\KSP 1.2.2 (Modded)\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

AssetLoader: Bundle is null"

The mod still works, but it causes the timer in the top left to always be yellow when on Kerbin, and my PC has never had a problem with past versions of this mod or other E.V.E. packs. Here is the full log.

This next bit might be mostly/all because of Kopernicus/ModularFlightIntegrator, but I'll put it here in case there is something with SVE here as well.

If I install Kopernicus (and its bundled ModularFlightIntegrator and ModuleManager) and add the jool_rings folder and the snow and geysers, then many more error messages appear (log):

Spoiler

These appears each time debris hits the ground, and the null appears when returning to the KSC view. It is easier to just post a picture:

OMtJCQp.jpg

dIoqlw9.jpg

Should I take the second part of this post to the Kopernicus or ModularFlightIntegrator thread, since it appears (to me, at least) that ModularFlightIntegrator is causing most of the problems?

Edited by Micro753

27 minutes ago, Micro753 said:

So, I've been having some problems. I set the errors to show on screen from the alt-f12 console menu. All I installed was the LR version of the SVE; I didn't include the jool_rings or snow and geysers. Once the game reaches the main menu, I get the following message:

"The AssetBundle 'file://E:\KSP 1.2.2 (Modded)\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

AssetLoader: Bundle is null"

The mod still works, but it causes the timer in the top left to always be yellow when on Kerbin, and my PC has never had a problem with past versions of this mod or other E.V.E. packs. Here is the full log.

This next bit might be mostly/all because of Kopernicus/ModularFlightIntegrator, but I'll put it here in case there is something with SVE here as well.

If I install Kopernicus (and its bundled ModularFlightIntegrator and ModuleManager) and add the jool_rings folder and the snow and geysers, then many more error messages appear (log):

Reveal hidden contents

These appears each time debris hits the ground, and the null appears when returning to the KSC view. It is easier to just post a picture:

OMtJCQp.jpg

dIoqlw9.jpg

Should I take the second part of this post to the Kopernicus or ModularFlightIntegrator thread, since it appears (to me, at least) that ModularFlightIntegrator is causing most of the problems?

The asset bundle thing is normal and has zero effect on performance.  Basically,  KSP already has the same asset bundles and its just letting you know. So your performance isn't effected by this as stock ksp uses the exact same thing.  As for the other issue.. I'll look at your log

Edit: before you go and ask kopernicus or MFI,  try a fresh install of KSP and SVE.  I just checked my game and I don't have any issues with the latest kopernicus.  Can you send me a screenshot of your gamedata folder? 

Edited by Galileo

4 hours ago, Galileo said:

The asset bundle thing is normal and has zero effect on performance.  Basically,  KSP already has the same asset bundles and its just letting you know. So your performance isn't effected by this as stock ksp uses the exact same thing.  As for the other issue.. I'll look at your log

Edit: before you go and ask kopernicus or MFI,  try a fresh install of KSP and SVE.  I just checked my game and I don't have any issues with the latest kopernicus.  Can you send me a screenshot of your gamedata folder? 

Screenshot is in the spoiler. This is a clean install of everything. I was going to test after I added each mod to make tracking problems easier, and this just happened to be the first mod I put in it, so no other mods have been used on this yet. I am using the latest Kopernicus (version 1.2.2-2 off of github) and the Module Manager and  ModularFlightIntegrator that were bundled with it, and the SVE version 1.1.4.

Spoiler

c0Y1YXG.png

I have done some more testing/messing with stuff. Here is what I've found out:

A little of the performance issue is from a problem with my graphics card, but most was coming from ModularFlightIntegrator. I "fixed" the problems by using the Kopernicus version 1.2.2-1, which was before the " Hotfix for Kopernicus.Parser.dll  ". This has brought my frames back up to their usual 120 and stopped the timer from being yellow on Kerbin. I did check the jool rings, and they are present, so Kopernicus is working just fine. I don't know if the hotfix is causing the problem or a change in ModularFlightIntegrator, but I believe I have narrowed it down at least. If anyone can replicate/confirm, I would greatly appreciate it. I'll post this on the ModularFlightIntegrator thread as well to see if anyone there has an idea of which it might be.

58 minutes ago, HappyJr said:

When i use CKAN to download this it wont let me because it says its for KSP versoin 1.2.0 but when i install it manually most of it works accept for clouds on kerbin.

I do not deal with CKAN and I'm about ready to ask for it to be taken down permanently because the repeated questions regarding CKAN are getting is getting out of hand. Please take all CKAN questions  to the ckan thread.

As for you not having clouds,  make sure you downloaded the SVE ALL-IN-ONE version on Github. If you still can't get clouds,  post your logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder. 

It's BAAAAACK!  Everything is BEAUTIFUL AGAIN!  Thank you!

KSP V1.2.2 took me by surprise, and I had not backed up 1.2.1.  Nothing happened to break any of my saves or ships (thank goodness KAC and KAS survived the update); the "only" negative impact of the surprise update on me was "just" the loss of some "beautification" mods.  I figured I'd call myself lucky, and it'd be fine--if a bit boring for a little while.

And that's pretty much how it was... until now, when I noticed here that Scatterer was updated and hence SVE would work again. So I snaffled up SVE and SVT (which I'd also not reinstalled for ... well, no reason except that I tend to think of the two mods as a unit).

And ... OMG! I can't believe I had forgotten what it was like!  All that glorious PRETTY!  ::swoon::

Thank you for making this game SO MUCH MORE of an immersive experience!

3 hours ago, Srpadget said:

So... CKAN *lied* to me?

I've never used CKAN, but about half of what I see people say about it is along the lines of "Squad released a tiny patch and CKAN says all my mods are incompatible".  Meanwhile, Squad has specifically said in a devnote that the changes in 1.2.2 shouldn't break any mods.  (I imagine this is why some modders want nothing to do with CKAN and just say up-front that it's not supported.)

22 minutes ago, garwel said:

When installing manually (since CKAN doesn't see SVE as you know), should I keep my existing (latest) version of DOE or should I overwrite it? I guess that the version included in the All-in-One package is pretty old.

you can replace it. I didnt make any changes to the default DOE i just included it

Just now, Wyzard said:

I've never used CKAN, but about half of what I see people say about it is along the lines of "Squad released a tiny patch and CKAN says all my mods are incompatible".  Meanwhile, Squad has specifically said in a devnote that the changes in 1.2.2 shouldn't break any mods.  (I imagine this is why some modders want nothing to do with CKAN and just say up-front that it's not supported.)

I'm at that point. Its a catch 22 though. I would get so many complaints about it not being on ckan that it would almost be worse than having people ask why ckan isnt updated

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hm, I just want to make sure - 1.1.4 is compatible with 1.2.2? It looks as though it was released on October 22nd which was I while ago. Just want to make sure I'm correct?

Yep still compatible 

4 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Yep still compatible 

Awesome :) - I'm finally getting around to my usual visual enhancement installation spree tonight! - SVE is high on my list. Hoping to be able to make Laythe look more like Kerbin through personal edits (maybe it does already? Haven't seen any recent pictures of Laythe), though I have yet to figure out how to make custom scattering for bodies other then Kerbin :P

2 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Awesome :) - I'm finally getting around to my usual visual enhancement installation spree tonight! - SVE is high on my list. Hoping to be able to make Laythe look more like Kerbin through personal edits (maybe it does already? Haven't seen any recent pictures of Laythe), though I have yet to figure out how to make custom scattering for bodies other then Kerbin :P

Keep scrolling back and you'll find a post I made with a link to an unhurried album with plenty of pics of laythe and others. 

12 hours ago, Benji13 said:

Keep scrolling back and you'll find a post I made with a link to an unhurried album with plenty of pics of laythe and others. 

Thanks! Wonderful pictures :). Sad to say though, there are a couple things I would change myself if I knew how:

• Both Duna and Laythe's atmospheres are far to thick for my tastes... I would bring Duna's glow back a ways to make it's atmosphere look thinner (it looks as thick as Kerbin's to me), and also level both Laythe's color and thickness a ways as well... It looks extremely muddy to me - I've always imagined Laythe as a Kerbin analog and the way it looks in SVE, the atmosphere looks *extremely* dense. I'd make it a bluer version of what Kerbin looks like right now.
  • Kerbin is too... white for my taste. I liked a more red-ish tint to it's atmospheres like there used to be in Scatterer a while back. Sadly though it's difficult/impossible to make the atmosphere tinted red from space, without it tinted at the surface as well.
  • Also just a personal preference that I already know how to do, I would replace Jool's texture with Endraxial's ancient one :). I just love it to much to give it up, even if it might be a bit unrealistic :P

- I'd be able to fix all of this if I simply knew how to modify cloud configs on different planets in the scatterer config tool XD I've had bad luck trying to do anything other than Kerbin :P.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Thanks! Wonderful pictures :). Sad to say though, there are a couple thjnfs I would change myself if I knew how:

• Both Duna and Laythe's atmospheres are far to thick for my tastes... I would bring Duna's glow back a ways to make it's atmosphere look thinner (it looks as thick as Kerbin's to me), and also level both Laythe's color and thickness a ways as well... It looks extremely muddy to me - I've always imagined Laythe as a Kerbin analog and the way it looks in SVE, the atmosphere looks *extremely* dense. I'd make it a bluer version of what Kerbin looks like right now.

If you look at the laythe surface pictures, you'll see that there is almost no atmosphere from the ground. That sickening blue is the colour of the ocean. 

43 minutes ago, Benji13 said:

If you look at the laythe surface pictures, you'll see that there is almost no atmosphere from the ground. That sickening blue is the colour of the ocean. 

elch... how would I uh... change that...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.