[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

10 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

With the last update, if I use one of your old Sunflare, it will appear huge and ugly. Where are the setting to make it smaller?

Find flareSettings and spikesSettings in the config of the old flare and edit these values in SVE_Settings.cfg under the GameData\StockVisualEnhancements

Recently returned from another kerbal break and decided to pick up where i left off on exploring Laythe.  I was greeted by this and just had to share it.  (Note: Your Laythe may look a little different.  I edited it to restore the old blue-green sky from older versions of SVE).

also, Ultra Res clouds would be good for people playing with rescales. With 6.4x, due to the rescale, clouds look quite pixelated from low orbit (but amazing from high orbit)

1 minute ago, N70 said:

also, Ultra Res clouds would be good for people playing with rescales. With 6.4x, due to the rescale, clouds look quite pixelated from low orbit (but amazing from high orbit)

Are you using sigma dimensions?

2 minutes ago, N70 said:

yes

put this code into your Sigma cfg

@EVE_CLOUDS:FINAL
{
	@OBJECT,*
	{
		@altitude *= 0.3503
	}
    	@OBJECT
    	{
        	@settings
        	{
            		@_DetailDist /= #$@SigmaDimensions/Resize$
        	}
    	}
    	@OBJECT:HAS[@settings:HAS[~_DetailDist[]]]
    	{
        	@settings
        	{
            		_DetailDist = 2E-06
		}
	}
}

Edited by Galileo

Just now, Galileo said:

hput this code into your Sigma cfg

@EVE_CLOUDS:FINAL
{
	@OBJECT,*
	{
		@altitude *= 0.3503
	}
    	@OBJECT
    	{
        	@settings
        	{
        	}
    	}
    	@OBJECT:HAS[@settings:HAS[~_DetailDist[]]]
    	{
        	@settings
        	{
            		_DetailDist = 2E-06
		}
	}
}

Thanks!

On 4/23/2017 at 3:47 AM, maja said:

Find flareSettings and spikesSettings in the config of the old flare and edit these values in SVE_Settings.cfg under the GameData\StockVisualEnhancements

If anybody could please copy us the correct values for them I'd appreciate it immensely. I'm only getting a huge yellow ball with a buzzer haircut no matter which values I have.

Edited by lindemherz

As much as I would love ultra HD cloud textures, I think that SVE is already using the most HD textures that can be found online... They're 8192x4096 and after all the research I've done I haven't been able to find a 'single' texture that is over that. Unity has even had problems with textures over 10k in the past.

1 minute ago, Avera9eJoe said:

As much as I would love ultra HD cloud textures, I think that SVE is already using the most HD textures that can be found online... They're 8192x4096 and after all the research I've done I haven't been able to find a 'single' texture that is over that. Unity has even had problems with textures over 10k in the past.

Wasn't there ultra res textures in the past, or was that a different mod?

4 minutes ago, N70 said:

Wasn't there ultra res textures in the past, or was that a different mod?

the 8k clouds used to be called Ultra. I changed it to high because there is really nothing ultra about them

On 4/22/2017 at 3:17 PM, Nansuchao said:

With the last update, if I use one of your old Sunflare, it will appear huge and ugly. Where are the setting to make it smaller?

On 4/23/2017 at 1:47 AM, maja said:

If anybody could please copy us the correct values for them I'd appreciate it immensely. I'm only getting a huge yellow ball with a buzzer haircut no matter which values I have.

Here are the old sun flare/spike settings from the 'Sun.cfg' file found in SVE 1.6.1...

flareSettings = 0.6,1,1      
spikesSettings = 0.6,1,1

Copy those into the new 'SVE_Settings.cfg' file in your current SVE version (towards end of the config file where you see the following):

@Scatterer_sunflare:AFTER[scatterer]
{
    @Sun
    {
        %assetPath = StockVisualEnhancements/SVE_Scatterer/Sunflares/Sun
        %flareSettings = 0.7,1,0.35
        %spikesSettings = 0.7,1,0.35

...and you should get the old sun settings back.

The two texture files for the sun are:

sunFlare.png  
sunSpikes.png

....which I think you already copied over from your old SVE version.

I hope this helps and my instructions are accurate. @Galileo please correct if I am wrong on above, just trying to be a useful Jeb. :)

Edited by Red Stapler

12 minutes ago, Red Stapler said:

Here are the old sun flare/spike settings from the 'Sun.cfg' file found in SVE 1.6.1...

flareSettings = 0.6,1,1      
spikesSettings = 0.6,1,1

Copy those into the new 'SVE_Settings.cfg' file in your current SVE version (towards end of the config file where you see the following):

@Scatterer_sunflare:AFTER[scatterer]
{
    @Sun
    {
        %assetPath = StockVisualEnhancements/SVE_Scatterer/Sunflares/Sun
        %flareSettings = 0.7,1,0.35
        %spikesSettings = 0.7,1,0.35

...and you should get the old sun settings back.

The two texture files for the sun are:

sunFlare.png  
sunSpikes.png

....which I think you already copied over from your old SVE version.

I hope this helps and my instructions are accurate. @Galileo please correct if I am wrong on above, just trying to be a useful Jeb. :)

I'm trying to use one of the old Galileo Sunflares from 1.6 version, that were amazing. 

Sadly the fix doesn't work, I have no idea why...

9 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

I'm trying to use one of the old Galileo Sunflares from 1.6 version, that were amazing. 

Sadly the fix doesn't work, I have no idea why...

I'm sorry to hear that...I made those exact changes and it worked for me (old sunflare & settings now work in SVE 1.2.2).   Make sure you saved your edits...I can' tell you how many times I've edited a file and forgot to save/close before I re-started the game.  

I wish I had more info for you...good luck!!

5 minutes ago, Red Stapler said:

I'm sorry to hear that...I made those exact changes and it worked for me (old sunflare & settings now work in SVE 1.2.2).   Make sure you saved your edits...I can' tell you how many times I've edited a file and forgot to save/close before I re-started the game.  

I wish I had more info for you...good luck!!

Just doing another test, with a new MM cache, I copied over also the ghost settings. The weird thing is that it used to work flawlessly until the last SVE update. 

Edit: nothing, just a terrible yellow ball

Edited by Nansuchao

8 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

Just doing another test, with a new MM cache, I copied over also the ghost settings. The weird thing is that it used to work flawlessly until the last SVE update. 

Edit: nothing, just a terrible yellow ball

I'll post the old sunflare tonight for you along with cfgs

Edited by Galileo

56 minutes ago, frog352000 said:

Yeah my sun is just a huge yellow ball now with a terrible glare. Galileo any chance you can post a copy and paste fix for those that aren't comfortable editing cfg. files?

Love your work and mods by the way. I know it's time consuming.

Yeah I plan on posting it up within the next hour or so

Edited by Galileo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.