[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

The textures have changed ALOT since page three. That was quite a long time ago

Do you have any other textures lying around, or do you know where I can download some? I don't really care for the one given (no offense).

1 hour ago, Doctor_E said:

Do you have any other textures lying around, or do you know where I can download some? I don't really care for the one given (no offense).

No i dont have any readily available. The texture i used had to be made a little strangely for it to work with the EVE integration in the latest scatterer. Blackrack is working on a bunch of issues for scatterer and when he updates, my textures will probably change again because i should have more creative freedom. right now my hand is forced by scatterer.

25 minutes ago, Voyager1Fan5213 said:

Does the 1.2.1 version work with 1.2.2? I cant find a link to the 1.2.2 version.

The version for the mod is 1.2.1 it works in ksp 1.2.2 as it states in the thread title.

UPDATE

v1.2.2

change log

• Separated Sun flare from Sun spikes to allow user to turn up or down the intensity of each texture.
  • Fixed some case sensitivity issues for Linux users
  • Fixed issue when user makes changes to EVE configs in the GUI it erases all MM cfgs from SVE_Settings.
  • Tweaked EVE configs for better performance on Kerbin, Laythe, and Duna

DOWNLOAD

9 minutes ago, Starslinger999 said:

Quick Question: Do I install SVE normally through download link, and then drag the textures from the SVE textures folder into the SVE folder? (Im on a mac so i don't have the "Merge" Option.)

Yep. Just drop the textures folder inside the SVE folder

The latest SVE has finally appeared on CKAN, but trying to update it causes an error message:

The following inconsistencies were found:
SVE-Scatterer-Config depends on StockVisualEnhancements but it is not listed in the index, or not available for your version of KSP.
 * SVE-MediumResolution depends on StockVisualEnhancements but it is not listed in the index, or not available for your version of KSP.
 * EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements depends on EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-Config but it is not listed in the index, or not available for your version of KSP.

Error!

Looks like some of the required mods have wrong metadata.

UPDATE: I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling SVE and all its components (including EVE, Scatterer and their configs).

Edited by garwel

9 minutes ago, garwel said:

trying to update it

Don't. Remove it all and start again.
The SVE folder structure has changed significantly, and CKAN being CKAN I can't see an in-place upgrade going well at all.

1 minute ago, steve_v said:

Don't. Remove it all and start again.
The SVE folder structure has changed significantly, and CKAN being CKAN I can't see an in-place upgrade going well at all.

Right. I did it and it works now. Updated the post.

screenshot963.png
Sigh...

Guys, it's still full of butt-ugly shadow artifacts.

Enough of this, what bits of your configs do I have to eviscerate to get rid this cloud shadows thing? I think I'll write a ModuleManager patch to kill it, so I don't have to fix this every update...

Edited by steve_v

36 minutes ago, steve_v said:

screenshot963.png
Sigh...

Guys, it's still full of butt-ugly shadow artifacts.

Enough of this, what bits of your configs do I have to eviscerate to get rid this cloud shadows thing? I think I'll write a ModuleManager patch to kill it, so I don't have to fix this every update...

That was fixed with the latest EVE. (just checked, definitely fixed) If you installed via ckan, it may not have the latest version. Double check you have the latest version. But if you really just want to remove the shadows, like i said on the EVE thread, remove the shadowMaterial node from the cfgs for each body that has it. Keep in mind you wont have cloud shadows, on the surface or in orbit

Edited by Galileo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.