[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

@Galileo i was take SVE.All-In-One.v1.1.5 (SVE HR 1.1.4 < it will be good to be fix with correct in next release) & Scatterer-0.0300 run test to see if volumetric cloud it will be black & this are result

Sve with noo Scatterer use
Ar3OZds.png

SVE + Scatterer-0.0300 + your Scatterer config file with 1 single fix aka editing planetsList file

Spoiler

VIYstaf.png
Vhfiz0M.png

SVE + Scatterer-0.0300 default config file (exact how blackrack it was add in his zip release)

Spoiler

TdVYTcf.png
iF9jWKg.png

i was force run dx11 to & all is fine

On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎19 at 3:10 AM, Uberns said:

I don't think I've mentioned how much I love the improvements your mods make.  I used in game pictures from Duna and Jool to tempt a friend of mine back into playing the game (he stopped after getting to minmus and only did stock the first time).  And my desktop background is currently this little beauty

0MCk11g.jpg

Thank you for continuing to improve these mods and the new Jool looks GREAT.  

But..... the old Laythe was my favorite planet so I have to ask if there is something I can do to revert Laythe back to the last version while keeping all of the other updates?  Im not even sure which file contains the data for those colors.  I tried deleting and replacing the Laythe file under scatterer>config>planets but it didnt seem to change anything.  I tried a couple of other edits but I clearly have a misunderstanding about how visuals work cause I couldn't get anything to change haha.

Thanks again!!

Edit: After restoring the old files I realized I'm an idiot :sticktongue::confused:.  Laythe was in Jool's shadow which was blocking that beautiful glowy blue from showing.  Fast fowarding time a little made it all make sense.  I now have all the new sexiness and my favorite planet looking just the way I like :D.

Which file did you copy, from where, to where please.

I want to use the old Laythe myself as it's an amazing Aquamarine color.

This mod is pretty much unusable for me on Windows 10.  I have KSP 1.2.2 installed on both Windows 7 and Windows 10.  Both running identical mods except Windows 10 is not using Interstellar.  On Windows 7 I have 16GB of RAM and an 8GB GTX980.  On Windows 10 I have 16GB of RAM and an 8GB GTX 1080.  On Windows 7 memory usage maxes around 9GB with all mods loaded and a launch active (63 mods total including SVE, EVE, Scatterer, and Active Texture Management, the latter of which I had to manually install).  On Windows 10, memory maxes out and eventually the game crashes.  If I switch views at KSC (e.g. enter VAB, SPH, tracking station, whatever) then memory usage will drop after 10-12 seconds (to around 6-7GB).  If I go back out to the KSC then it starts picking up again until it's maxed out.  If I try and launch anything eventually memory maxes out and the game crashes.  I'm starting the game with -popupwindow and forcing DX11.  I've tried it without forcing DX11 and it still does the same thing.

This happens even if I remove all mods, load only EVE, SVE and Scatterer.  It also happens using SVE medium and high resolution versions.  I'm still pretty new to KSP and so I'm not sure exactly what else you need me to provide to help me figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I even copied my install folder directly from the Windows 7 machine to the Windows 10 machine and had the same result.  It just seems like on the Windows 10 machine there is something off.  I have the latest drivers for literally everything (it's a brand new computer and I updated all drivers before installing any games and KSP was the first game I installed). 

To be clear, if I remove SVE and just use Scatterer and EVE, memory caps around 8GB as expected.

Oh, and I've been using CKAN to load mods.  My next test will be to remove them using CKAN and load them manually to see if that has any effect.  CKAN seems to be installing Scatterer and EVE separately but if I read this correctly these are included in the download?  Plus, if I bring up the EVE configuration (Alt+0 per the instructions in the top post) it says there is no configuration so maybe CKAN isn't installing EVE correctly. 

Anyway, any advice on how to proceed with troubleshooting would be appreciated.

P.S.  How come my posts still have to be moderated before showing up?

Edited by DoubleUU
Clarity

12 minutes ago, DoubleUU said:

-snip-

P.S.  How come my posts still have to be moderated before showing up?

It's because all new members to the forum need to be approved for their first 5 posts as an anti-spambot measure.

But looky, this is your 5th one. Now you are officially not a bot and the moderators don't need to OK your posts. :D

30 minutes ago, Tex said:

It's because all new members to the forum need to be approved for their first 5 posts as an anti-spambot measure.

But looky, this is your 5th one. Now you are officially not a bot and the moderators don't need to OK your posts. :D

Sweet!  I'm a real boy!

AN UPDATE:  Manually installing has fixed the memory issue.  I removed EVE, SVE, and Scatterer, downloaded the SVE all in one and installed that manually.  Memory is capping at 7.3GB with the high-res pack.  Not sure why installing with CKAN would cause issues.  Maybe double loading textures since it was installing Scatterer and EVE?

However, I still get the "no config" message when pulling up EVE configuration.  How do I resolve that?

2 minutes ago, DoubleUU said:

Sweet!  I'm a real boy!

AN UPDATE:  Manually installing has fixed the memory issue.  I removed EVE, SVE, and Scatterer, downloaded the SVE all in one and installed that manually.  Memory is capping at 7.3GB with the high-res pack.  Not sure why installing with CKAN would cause issues.  Maybe double loading textures since it was installing Scatterer and EVE?

However, I still get the "no config" message when pulling up EVE configuration.  How do I resolve that?

The problem may have been that the CKAN was installing the newest version of Scatterer which doesn't play well with SVE (the SVE all-in-one bundles the second newest version) and then Windows 8 just dealt with it better than Windows 10.

SVE DOES NOT WORK WITH THE LATEST SCATTERER. PLEASE USE THE BUNDLED VERSION UNTIL I RELEASE THE UPDATE.

I am very busy with real life at the moment. I am a father and a husband with a job first, this mod comes after that, whenever I get time. Please be patient. And for petes sake, do not use CKAN to download! 

The current situation is exactly why I do not support CKAN. It gets easily confused when mods update with dependencies

@Galileo

Couldn't you just add "mainSunCelestialBody = Sun" to each Item in planetList.cfg as quickfix and release this as 1.1.5.1 hotfix? I think it would work with the old and the new version of scatterer.

It's a little unfortunate, that the new scatterer memleaks to death when this line is missing, instead of maybe just "not work", tho.

Edited by Jebs_SY

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

The current situation is exactly why I do not support CKAN. It gets easily confused when mods update with dependencies

Got it.  I actually thought since it was listed in CKAN that meant that it was supported.  I thought CKAN required mod makers to add their mods explicitly so if a mod is listed then a mod maker supported installation via CKAN, ipso facto as it were.  Obviously I was wrong.  Still learning about the ecosystem around here.  CKAN seemed like a really perfect tool but this isn't the first time I've run into issues with the rather draconian way it tries to control things.  I wish it had a power user mode so I could override some of it's rules and install "incompatible" or prior versions of mods when it's known they work even though they haven't been updated for a specific release.  To me that is the biggest drawback of CKAN.  I'd prefer it if the "rules" were advisory rather than a dogmatic but it is what it is I guess.  Works well enough for other things.

Anyway, Thanks for the head's up.  And it looks fabulous, so thanks for the mod as well!

Edited by DoubleUU

1 hour ago, DoubleUU said:

I wish it had a power user mode so I could override some of it's rules and install "incompatible" or prior versions of mods when it's known they work even though they haven't been updated for a specific release.  To me that is the biggest drawback of CKAN.  I'd prefer it if the "rules" were advisory rather than a dogmatic but it is what it is I guess.  Works well enough for other things.

Anyway, Thanks for the head's up.  And it looks fabulous, so thanks for the mod as well!

CKAN > Settings > Compatible KSP versions > Enjoy!

19 hours ago, DoubleUU said:

63 mods total including SVE, EVE, Scatterer, and Active Texture Management, the latter of which I had to manually install

On a side note, you should drop Active Texture Management. The mod ceased to be useful as of KSP 1.0 when Squad built compressed textures into the game. Using it in current versions of KSP can actually use more memory as well as cause problems with other mods. More info here:

17 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

@Galileo

Couldn't you just add "mainSunCelestialBody = Sun" to each Item in planetList.cfg as quickfix and release this as 1.1.5.1 hotfix? I think it would work with the old and the new version of scatterer.

It's a little unfortunate, that the new scatterer memleaks to death when this line is missing, instead of maybe just "not work", tho.

Or you know, we could just be patient. Especially since 1) there is a perfectly working version of SVE available for the current version of KSP and 2) he just said he had a lot of stuff going on IRL and nicely asked people to be patient.

If you get a warning that SVE is out of date, ignore it. I have updated for CKAN and am working on uploading the All-In-One version.. it has failed twice so i may have to try tomorrow.

Edit: finally uploaded. See below 

Edited by Galileo

UPDATE

Change Log

• Update to latest Scatterer v0.0300
  • Fixed polar pinching with some textures
  • Hopefully found a good middle ground with Laythe's Scatterer atmosphere

If you don't want cloud shadows, use this patch:
NO CLOUD SHADOWS

Download Links

For 1.2 version 1.1.6                       
xO68iAc.jpg         

Some quick screenshots of what to expect

Spoiler

XDWR8Ta.png
NMnxVqA.png
CVOAYpT.png
7QF9Tgc.png
qw5RP08.png

Edited by Galileo

Thank you for updating this incredible mod. I have tried it lightly with ships of few pieces and the refresh rate is great. 60 frames per second constants with high resolution version.
My pc hosts a 1070 gtx and a 4770k
Excuse my possible grammatical errors.

Hi, Thanks for the scatter updated version. I am having a very large amount of lag now however. :(

Even on the KSC screen it takes over a minute to spin the camera 360, the ocean has also vanished.

I've tried manually cleaning out Scatter, SVE and EVE and reinstalling them (from CKAN) but still the same.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zg95epqedeo4pi4/output_log_SVE.txt?dl=0

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I really enjoy flying through clouds and seeing the realistic atmospheric effects in KSP, thank you for all that.  Can I get some help with something though?  I am doing some "historical" missions and I am starting to land probes on EVE and well, I can't really see where the land masses are through everything and I was curious if there might be a tweak that I can apply only to EVE so that I can see them without impacting other planets.  I just thought I would ask and see if there was something that I could do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.