[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

For the first time since installing SVE I took a trip to the surface of Duna and really liked the look that the planet has with this, compared with my previous excursions there, especially the blue sky at dawn and the take-off up through a dust storm.

Manned landing.
pf6AElL.png

Spoiler

pTeAWLF.png

8zNp6c9.png

1vY1iAw.png

28yBbeB.png

Unmanned probe.

Spoiler

EujqsfG.png

gBXubsV.png

Edited by purpleivan

I'm sorry if this post is buggy. I only started in the forums. But I have this problem here: the clouds are not showing up and the sky is white. I'm sorry I couldn't place the picture. I am gonna try to explain in more detail: when I'm in orbit my game goes to 5 fps and when I look at Kerbin the atmosphere is transparent white. If you still need a picture just teach me how pls. 

Good Luck and Take Care. Rex :confused::cool:

Oh my god! Just found the reply Thingy!

On 2/8/2017 at 0:50 AM, Galileo said:

those are pretty awesome!

to post your images here, you need to add the URL to individual images and make sure they have the correct file extension for example .png or .jpg. so it should look like this:  http://i.imgur.com/3pHHtBr.jpg  
Imgur provides these direct links.

Once you figure that out, you won't even need to use the "insert other media" thing. Just paste your link directly into the text box and you will get some thing like this:

3pHHtBr.jpg

and if you have a bunch of screen shots, always post them in a spoiler box (little eyeball in the tool bar) like this :

Reveal hidden contents

3pHHtBr.jpg
tfkOwdK.jpg
UxF2xQ0.jpg

Again, those are pretty great screenshots!

@Rex2.0 read above

i also will need logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder 

Edited by Galileo

13 hours ago, Galileo said:

@Rex2.0 read above

i also will need logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder 

Like this?

Spoiler

e0dI22V.png

Ok. Now to the folders. Which one do you need?

Oh. Here's the glitch.

Spoiler

vfb09yy.png

Spoiler

EbzCXJI.png

The clouds in Kerbin are from texture replacer by the way.

Edited by Rex2.0

3 hours ago, Rex2.0 said:

Like this?

Reveal hidden contents

e0dI22V.png

Ok. Now to the folders. Which one do you need?

Oh. Here's the glitch.

Reveal hidden contents

vfb09yy.png

Reveal hidden contents

EbzCXJI.png

The clouds in Kerbin are from texture replacer by the way.

How are the clouds from texture replacer?

also post logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder 

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

How are the clouds from texture replacer?

also post logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder 

There are no clouds. It's just a texture. But my folder is here. Your mod is SVE LR (low res):

Loads of mods Right? lol

Spoiler

0WqA6ti.png

The texture replacer clouds are just textures, they are not real moving clouds like yours. Here they are:

Spoiler

KdGVf7C.png

I'm from Brazil, by the way, so sorry for the bad English.

2 hours ago, Rex2.0 said:

There are no clouds. It's just a texture. But my folder is here. Your mod is SVE LR (low res):

Loads of mods Right? lol

Hide contents

0WqA6ti.png

The texture replacer clouds are just textures, they are not real moving clouds like yours. Here they are:

Hide contents

KdGVf7C.png

I'm from Brazil, by the way, so sorry for the bad English.

You have to take the files out of the SVE LR folder and put them in your gamedata. There are 4 files in there named:

distant object enhancement

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancement

scatterer

StockVisualEnhancements

Those are the files that go in your gamedata folder

i have a foreign exchange student from Brazil living with me. 

16 hours ago, Galileo said:

You have to take the files out of the SVE LR folder and put them in your gamedata. There are 4 files in there named:

distant object enhancement

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancement

scatterer

StockVisualEnhancements

Those are the files that go in your gamedata folder

i have a foreign exchange student from Brazil living with me. 

Ok. I'm going to test it out. Ok, it works... But my game at the main menu is 5 fps. I'm gonna try to put the graphics at minimal.

Yeah... It is 5 fps at launch and 30 when I look to the sky. It normally is 40 or 45. But thanks for the help!

Edited by Rex2.0

I feel like having this mod makes it impossible to get 60fps. I always get 30fps. I do have a mid-range system and I feel like it's Unity 5 not being built for such real textures. :/ (I have tried all resolutions and was unable to achieve 60fps.)

Edited by GrapeInvaders
Typo

12 minutes ago, GrapeInvaders said:

I feel like having this mod makes it impossible to get 60fps. I always get 30fps. I do have a mid-range system and I feel like it's Unity 5 not being built for such real textures. :/ (I have tried all resolutions and was unable to achieve 60fps.)

Playing at 60 fps constant with SVE in 1080p and with clouds in high definition is only possible in a very small range of computers. I have a 4770K i7, 16gb ram and an nvidia 1070 gtx (msi) of 8 gb vram and only reached the 60 fps limiting my monitor when I reached Kerbin low orbit. Understanding that the rocket is remarkably heavy and with many pieces.
However playing with this fantastic mod at 40 fps is great and does not detract at all.
You can improve the frames by reducing the rendering distance of volumetric clouds from 10000 meters to 1000 or 1500 meters.
Sorry for the grammatical errors as this is a product of the google translator.

Edited by Spin

24 minutes ago, Spin said:

Playing at 60 fps constant with SVE in 1080p and with clouds in high definition is only possible in a very small range of computers. I have a 4770K i7, 16gb ram and an nvidia 1070 gtx (msi) of 8 gb vram and only reached the 60 fps limiting my monitor when I reached Kerbin low orbit. Understanding that the rocket is remarkably heavy and with many pieces.
However playing with this fantastic mod at 40 fps is great and does not detract at all.
You can improve the frames by reducing the rendering distance of volumetric clouds from 10000 meters to 1000 or 1500 meters.
Sorry for the grammatical errors as this is a product of the google translator.

Ok, thanks for the reply!

Hey, I have problem with downloading mod, when I try downloading it from GitHub it goes on ridiculously low speed(23-100kB/s) and after hour (I think) GitHub just cancels request from download and I can't download whole file, anything wrong on my side?

6 minutes ago, Numerlor said:

Hey, I have problem with downloading mod, when I try downloading it from GitHub it goes on ridiculously low speed(23-100kB/s) and after hour (I think) GitHub just cancels request from download and I can't download whole file, anything wrong on my side?

Try a different web browser

4 minutes ago, Numerlor said:

Tried Chrome, Firefox and even explorer all maxed out at 50kB/s, the thing is it only happens with this mod other mods from you or other people download at normal speeds

Then it must be github and I have no control over that. I refuse to use spacedock.

On 11/13/2016 at 0:41 AM, Galileo said:

it all comes down to what the stars name is.. you would have to change the name of the sun in scatterers cfgs

Whats the difference between EVE and SVE?? I'm using Kerbal Star System and KSS seems to work with EVE, but not SVE and the author doesnt currently plan to make KSS compatible with SVE (at this time). I can't seem to live without clouds and scatterer, so I'm wondering if I can ditch SVE so I can continue to use KSS.

EVE is the most basic cloud cfgs you can get. SVE uses the EVE plugin but it includes its own, more intricate and detailed textures and cfgs. It's more performance hungry as well. SVE will work with KSS but only on the stock bodies. KSS adds about 35 MORE bodies and many of them have clouds. That is for starcrusher to add.

This is probably a stupid question, but first - I really enjoy what the SVE mod has done for KSP.  The combination of the mods to make the game look better when little impact.  Nicely done!

Which of the mods of which settings can I adjust so the "dark" sides of the planets are not Pitch Black.

Thank you

57 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

This is probably a stupid question, but first - I really enjoy what the SVE mod has done for KSP.  The combination of the mods to make the game look better when little impact.  Nicely done!

Which of the mods of which settings can I adjust so the "dark" sides of the planets are not Pitch Black.

Thank you

PlanetShine is what you're looking for. A spectacular mod (no pun intended)!

29 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Thanks, I will take a look right now.. appreciate it. 

33 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

I have adjusted all the sliders, and the dark sides, are still really pitch black.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.