[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

31 minutes ago, blorgon said:

Okay, so it's EVE. For some reason I thought the aurora and terminator were from SVE.

It's definitely a mashup of AVP and KSPRC. When installing both, you have to make sure to delete "Atmospheres" and "CityLights" from KSPRC.

23 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

It's definitely a mashup of AVP and KSPRC. When installing both, you have to make sure to delete "Atmospheres" and "CityLights" from KSPRC.

I did make sure to delete those two folders. Anyway, I'm trying again with yet another fresh install. Looks like KSPRC + EVE + scatterer is what I need for the hazy faded horizon look...

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed SVE last night (and, uh, wow), but one of the required installs is module manager; which I was unable to install. Google kept blocking it saying it was trying to redirect me and steal info or something. Everything else worked fine. Been playing and everything seems like it's working. Is this going to have a noticeable effect? This is my first mod after KAC; so I'm not sure what to expect. Has anyone else had this issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

47 minutes ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

Just installed SVE last night (and, uh, wow), but one of the required installs is module manager; which I was unable to install. Google kept blocking it saying it was trying to redirect me and steal info or something. Everything else worked fine. Been playing and everything seems like it's working. Is this going to have a noticeable effect?

ModuleManager is widely-used as a dependency of many mods.  Did you download it from the official thread?  You can also find it bundled with many other mods, such as Kerbal Atomics (just to pick one).

@Cpt Kerbalkrunch

Module Manager is required for SVE to work correctly with Scatterer and Kopernicus and nearly all mods use it. I recommend installing it. It comes bundled with some mods, like kopernicus. So you may have better luck getting it that way.

2 minutes ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

Yeah, that's the one. Google kept saying his security certificate expired yesterday; whatever that means.

That is harmless.

4 minutes ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

Google kept saying his security certificate expired yesterday; whatever that means.

Try it again; it looks like the certificate was just renewed today.  At any rate, that's a problem with the download site's server, not with the mod itself, so if your browser still doesn't like it, just download some other mod that includes a bundled copy of MM.

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

That is harmless.

In this case, yes, but it can be a cause for concern under other circumstances.  (You're probably aware of this already, Galileo; I just don't want Cpt Kerbalkrunch to get the idea that it's always OK to ignore expired certificates.)

Edited by Wyzard

7 minutes ago, Wyzard said:

Try it again; it looks like the certificate was just renewed today.  At any rate, that's a problem with the download site's server, not with the mod itself, so if your browser still doesn't like it, just download some other mod that includes a bundled copy of MM.

In this case, yes, but it can be a cause for concern under other circumstances.  (You're probably aware of this already, Galileo; I just don't want Cpt Kerbalkrunch to get the idea that it's always OK to ignore expired certificates.)

Indeed, but on a trusted site, like the one Sabian uses, it's safe to assume you are safe there. 

4 minutes ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

Cool. Thanks, guys. This is my first foray into the world of mods (after 2,000 hours), so I'm pretty stupid.

You'll catch on pretty quick :) 

Once you go @Thomas P., @Poodmund, @JadeOfMaar, Galileo, and @blackrack, you never go back...rack? 

Err.. stock just won't do it for you anymore. SVE is a gateway mod..

Edited by Galileo

11 minutes ago, Galileo said:

You'll catch on pretty quick :) 

Once you go @Thomas P., @Poodmund, @JadeOfMaar, Galileo, and @blackrack, you never go back...rack? 

Err.. stock just won't do it for you anymore. SVE is a gateway mod..

From what I've seen so far, it's a pretty sweet gateway. Looks fantastic. I've got a 980 that's done nothing but play KSP for a year and a half. Usually at around three percent. It's probably been dyin' to actually do something. :)

20 minutes ago, Program Kerbal Space said:

One quick question. What system requirements would I need to use this mod? Thanks.

There aren't really any "recommended" or even "minimum" system requirements, your mileage may vary. I would recommend a 3+ GHz processor, 8+ GB of RAM, and a video card with at least 2 GB of GDDR5.

Try the lower-res textures if your performance is annihilated by high-res.

6 hours ago, Program Kerbal Space said:

One quick question. What system requirements would I need to use this mod? Thanks.

Not a full answer, but a few datapoints:

• SVE with high-resolution textures was noticeably slow (enough that I decided to uninstall it) when I was using a GTX 560, but is much smoother when I upgraded to a GTX 1050 (in the same computer).
  • It's also slow on a 2016 MacBook Pro with Intel Iris 550 GPU.  (The models with Radeon graphics would probably fare better.)

7 hours ago, Program Kerbal Space said:

There is no single answer for this question. Best way to determine if it runs fine on your system is to try it yourself.

Edited by Galileo

Well i can say that i have i7-6700 k 32 gigs ram and gtx 1070.I used this mod with scatterer and sigma dimensions with almost 60% of recommended packs and it devours 21 gb ram and 8 gb vram and scatterer cause to drop fps terribly.

It's nice mod of course but be sure u have monster rig and sacrifice alot mods that cause to load many textures

Edit setting clouds distance to 3000 and disabled new things from scatterer and ocean shaders brings back fps.Kerbals are allowed to music again:D

Edited by Syczek

1 hour ago, Syczek said:

Well i can say that i have i7-6700 k 32 gigs ram and gtx 1070.I used this mod with scatterer and sigma dimensions with almost 60% of recommended packs and it devours 21 gb ram and 8 gb vram and scatterer cause to drop fps terribly.

I have an i5-2500k (6 years old), 12GB of RAM, and a GTX 1050 with 6GB of VRAM, and SVE and Scatterer work fine.  You don't need a "monster rig".

I don't use Kopernicus or Sigma Dimensions, but I do use MKS, most of RoverDude's other mods, all of Nertea's mods, KW Rocketry, KK and Kerbin-Side, and a bunch of smaller things, and the game only uses about 5GB of RAM.  I suspect that Sigma is your RAM hog, not SVE.

(I do turn off the Scatterer ocean shader, though — not because of performance problems, but because it's buggy and causes visual glitches, like the "floating tiles" in the previous version, and fringing around coastlines in the current version).

Just now, Wyzard said:

I have an i5-2500k (6 years old), 12GB of RAM, and a GTX 1050 with 6GB of VRAM, and SVE and Scatterer work fine.  You don't need a "monster rig".

I don't use Kopernicus or Sigma Dimensions, but I do use MKS, most of RoverDude's other mods, all of Nertea's mods, KW Rocketry, KK and Kerbin-Side, and a bunch of smaller things, and the game only uses about 5GB of RAM.  I suspect that Sigma is your RAM hog, not SVE.

(I do turn off the Scatterer ocean shader, though — not because of performance problems, but because it's buggy and causes visual glitches, like the "floating tiles" in the previous version, and fringing around coastlines in the current version).

I mean monster rig is needed if u wanna sigma galactic neighborhood plus kopernicus

My graphics card took a dump on me tonight :/ I'm not sure how long I'll be off line as I'll have to save up a little dough to get a new one. (I'll also need to convince the old lady). This is pretty poor timing as I am in the middle of purchasing a new home and finding new furniture. I just started getting back into modding ksp too. Well, hope to be back full strength sooner than later. I'll still be on the forums like always, but modding will have to be put on hold. Such is life.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.