Galileo

just a small question. i did everything here:

On 7.7.2016 at 2:50 PM, Galileo said:

Change Log

v1.2.7.0

• Updated version file for 1.3.1

TO INSTALL:

in that order.

it looks awesome. but my duna has "orange clouds"... not the white clouds I always sees on screenshots and videos.

how can i configure that on the easiest way? my duna has not that many clouds as the "white cloud" dunas i saw.

is this easy to change in the configs?

thx

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 12:18 AM, Galileo said:

Just made the Sun textures PNG because OpenGL systems did not like the sun in DDS format for whatever reason.

If anyone's sun looks like a sunny-side-up egg instead of a proper sun, replacing the sun DDS textures with the PNG ones fixes it.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:15 AM, KingPhantom said:

but my duna has "orange clouds"... not the white clouds I always sees on screenshots and videos.

I've used SVE since last year with KSP 1.1.3, and never had this. Duna in SVE has low, red, fast-moving clouds meant to represent dust storms.

If you want white clouds on Duna, you could try one of the example configs available for EVE. I think that one just copies the light duty Kerbin cloud config to Duna. 

I've installed this mod exactly as described on the first page of this thread, including the recommended mods (Planet Shine, Distant Object, Kopernicus, Scatterer). I have all the latest versions of these files and these are the only graphics mods I have installed. The horizon of Kerbal is very jagged (both the land and sea). Please note that I have a powerful desktop (with an msi gtx 1080) with all the graphics settings at max, including anti-aliasing. I don't have this issue if the game is run in stock. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. 

6 hours ago, Calm_Blue_Ocean said:

I've installed this mod exactly as described on the first page of this thread, including the recommended mods (Planet Shine, Distant Object, Kopernicus, Scatterer). I have all the latest versions of these files and these are the only graphics mods I have installed. The horizon of Kerbal is very jagged (both the land and sea). Please note that I have a powerful desktop (with an msi gtx 1080) with all the graphics settings at max, including anti-aliasing. I don't have this issue if the game is run in stock. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. 

Those issues you bring up are known scatterer issues. Happens to everybody regardless of you AA settings or how powerful your rig is. Of course yo don’t see it in stock because stock does not have scatterer...

Edited by Galileo

6 hours ago, Galileo said:

Those issues you bring up are known scatterer issues. Happens to everybody regardless of you AA settings or how powerful your rig is. Of course yo don’t see it in stock because stock does not have scatterer...

Thank you very much for the reply. Although scatterer is pretty, I think I find the jaggedness too distracting (I also get overly crisp and jagged outlines on my rockets). Do you know of any way to soften this? Can the scatterer settings be tweaked or processes disabled to lessen the effect? I've watched a few high res YouTube videos using these mods that don't exhibit this problem. Thanks again.

Edited by Calm_Blue_Ocean

*Edit* From what I can tell, this is an SVE issue.  I swapped out the SVE Scatterer configs for the stock Scatterer configs, and it fixed the problem (although it's not nearly as pretty).

I just installed SVE on 1.2.2, and I'm not getting any water texture on Kerbin (although the water still exists, tested this by crashing into it).

When I look at the Scatterer menu, I can see a few weird things.  It's saying "Has oceans = False" and says it's using a Laythe config?

lZlFXdd.jpg

Gamedata folder as requested:

HkCFSVD.png

Output.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdazckeou2m9od9/output_log.txt?dl=0

Also saw something else strange.  When I zoom all the way out, it seems like there's so much shading that I can't see the ground.  You can just barely make out the mountains due west of KSC in this screenshot, just left of center.

bqdBfFk.jpg

And looking at the EVE config (Alt+0), it says there's no configs loaded.

6uMgMAu.jpg

Hope you guys can point me in the right direction for what's wrong.

Edited by tsaven

On 19.10.2017 at 10:22 PM, Calm_Blue_Ocean said:

Thank you very much for the reply. Although scatterer is pretty, I think I find the jaggedness too distracting (I also get overly crisp and jagged outlines on my rockets). Do you know of any way to soften this? Can the scatterer settings be tweaked or processes disabled to lessen the effect? I've watched a few high res YouTube videos using these mods that don't exhibit this problem. Thanks again.

At which resolution are you running KSP? I just ask as it happened to me, that I too winchend up gfx quality and alike but missed to raise the resolution from 1024xsth to 1600x900. Made a kinda difference, I've to admit. =)

Cheers

SchrottBot

15 hours ago, SchrottBot said:

At which resolution are you running KSP? I just ask as it happened to me, that I too winchend up gfx quality and alike but missed to raise the resolution from 1024xsth to 1600x900. Made a kinda difference, I've to admit. =)

Cheers

SchrottBot

Hi SchrottBot. I've got it running at 1980x1080. I've maxed out all the Scatterer and graphical settings. Maxing out the fourier grid size on Scatterer helped quite a bit, but I still get some thick dark jagged lines (particularly on the ocean horizon). It's at a point now where it's bearable, but it still doesn't match what I see in pictures and videos online. 

56 minutes ago, tsaven said:

Is there an easy/simple way to get rid of the rings around Jool?  I appreciate the thought, but I've got OPM installed which gives all the ringy goodness I could want.

just create a cfg and throw this little bit into it:

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	@Body[Jool]
	{	
		!Rings {}
	}
}

On 10/21/2017 at 3:21 PM, tsaven said:

*Edit* From what I can tell, this is an SVE issue.  I swapped out the SVE Scatterer configs for the stock Scatterer configs, and it fixed the problem (although it's not nearly as pretty).

I just installed SVE on 1.2.2, and I'm not getting any water texture on Kerbin (although the water still exists, tested this by crashing into it).

When I look at the Scatterer menu, I can see a few weird things.  It's saying "Has oceans = False" and says it's using a Laythe config?

Also saw something else strange.  When I zoom all the way out, it seems like there's so much shading that I can't see the ground.  You can just barely make out the mountains due west of KSC in this screenshot, just left of center.

Exact same thing is happening to me. In addition, all planets with water appear all black in the tracking station. Turning off the water shader fixes it.

Edited by dustyjo

On 10/21/2017 at 1:21 PM, tsaven said:

lZlFXdd.jpg

HkCFSVD.png

bqdBfFk.jpg

6uMgMAu.jpg

I've been having a very similar problem while setting up a new 1.3.1 install.  Aa splashed down pod "floating in the air", no sea, etc. as well as a stream of NodeReferenceExceptions.  Uninstalling SVE and using stock Scatterer worked as expected.

Installing SVE outside of CKAN seems to have fixed the problem so the conflict looks to be there.

17 hours ago, sjbuggs said:

I've been having a very similar problem while setting up a new 1.3.1 install.  Aa splashed down pod "floating in the air", no sea, etc. as well as a stream of NodeReferenceExceptions.  Uninstalling SVE and using stock Scatterer worked as expected.

Installing SVE outside of CKAN seems to have fixed the problem so the conflict looks to be there.

Interesting, I hadn't thought to try it outside of CKAN.  Guess I'll give that a go, thanks.

On 07.07.2016 at 8:31 PM, SkyKaptn said:

Absolutely killer release. Clouds are so 'alive' and that reentry took my breath away
Coffee via paypal

UMOuQ1a.png

Thanks for the nice mods! Guys please help, how to change intensity of the atmosphere glow? Mine become too tiny after installation?

So, I'm not exactly sure if this is the right/best place to post this, but here goes.

Anyways, recently I've installed and started to use the Urania System planet pack by Sido. I've been a fan of it for a long time, and I've always liked the look of the various moons. Anyways, the problem I am posting about here is that many of those moons/planets had their own unique textures and environmental effects(seen here in this presentation video of the mod), and I'm wondering if it is at all possible to translate those into SVE. Basically I'm asking for advice on how to do it if its possible, or if anyone else here uses the Urania System pack and this mod and have already fixed or tweaked it to work right.

Edited by Madman_Andre

On 26.9.2017 at 12:45 AM, Galileo said:

Its still a thing, but with the latest Scatterer, some sacrifices had to be made to make SVEs clouds work properly. The orange sunset is visible from the surface, but its so subtle in scaled space its practically unnoticeable. The scatterer dev knows of the issues but he is taking a break from KSP, and hasnt implemented a fix yet.  I can fix it from my side, but only doing it in a way i find unattractive, so i will just wait for the fix from scatterer.

On 27.9.2017 at 1:56 PM, releansol said:

good to hear, it can also (unsightly) be fixed. I hope you will do, if Scatterer dev. don't fix it untill the end of 2017   cause I miss the colors :-)

AS11-44-6692HRZ.jpg

I changed my mind, since I learned there is no sunsetview from space in real life - please let it be, like it is now :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Can I add the SVE auroras to boulderCo from eve? Whole SVE is too heavy for my pc, but eve runs better. I just want those auroras :)

I've edited the clouds.cfg and added the SVE_clouds.cfg patch that reads at the top "kerbinAuroras" and also referenced the textures and copied into BoulderCo, but that's isn't enough it seems...

EDIT: Oh wait, it DOES work... I just was forgetting Scatterer in gameData..n ow it works... So beautiful... I also added city lights...

Edited by Agustin

I absolutely love this texture package, I'm having an issue right now all the same.  I have SVE installed with all discrepancies and for some reason Kerbin has no visible water, and from space (or tracking station) Kerbin is a black mass.  Anyone else have this issue? 

Just did a test run with a new dev version of MJ to Mun and back. The return landing was at dawn. You know how a lot of us say the SVE/Scatterer combo kills our computers? Well, the dawn landing was totally worth my laptop whining at me. Absolutely beautiful. Looked like a picture from a glossy magazine. I should have gotten a screen shot but was too busy enjoying the view. Thanks @Galileo and @blackrack.

@Galileo I'm certain you've addressed this in the past (I'm pretty sure I've seen it here before) but I'm not finding it now, and the search feature is letting me down.  I'm getting what appear to be double layers of city lights.  When directly overhead of them, it is unnoticeable, but when I'm in orbit and they are closer to a horizon, it is noticeable.  I can't quite tell if it is the city lights reflecting off of clouds or not.  Is that a feature in the mod?

If not, where should I look to start troubleshooting?  

Output log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzh5f2i7bu8z6wh/Output Log - Cetera - 2017-11-28.txt?dl=0

Gamedata folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/migcyz740ovs3hj/Cetera GameData 2017-11-28.png?dl=0

Also, only a single config for everything in the SVE folder, and no configs in the EVE folder, just the plugins.  Install was via CKAN.  Like a n00b, I've got a screenshot for you of the gamedata folder, but not the actual issue in-game.  I'll recreate it for you tomorrow if necessary.  I'll blame the forgetfulness on the hour, too!  ;-)

Edited by Cetera

16 minutes ago, Cetera said:

@Galileo I'm certain you've addressed this in the past (I'm pretty sure I've seen it here before) but I'm not finding it now, and the search feature is letting me down.  I'm getting what appear to be double layers of city lights.  When directly overhead of them, it is unnoticeable, but when I'm in orbit and they are closer to a horizon, it is noticeable.  I can't quite tell if it is the city lights reflecting off of clouds or not.  Is that a feature in the mod?

If not, where should I look to start troubleshooting?  

Output log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzh5f2i7bu8z6wh/Output Log - Cetera - 2017-11-28.txt?dl=0

Gamedata folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/migcyz740ovs3hj/Cetera GameData 2017-11-28.png?dl=0

Also, only a single config for everything in the SVE folder, and no configs in the EVE folder, just the plugins.  Install was via CKAN.  Like a n00b, I've got a screenshot for you of the gamedata folder, but not the actual issue in-game.  I'll recreate it for you tomorrow if necessary.  I'll blame the forgetfulness on the hour, too!  ;-)

It’s an EVE bug... but it has eluded the dev for quite a while now. There’s no fix for it at the moment unfortunately. It doesn’t seem consistent though. Sometimes a quick load gets rid of it, sometimes not. Sorry I can’t be more help

5 hours ago, Galileo said:

It’s an EVE bug... but it has eluded the dev for quite a while now. There’s no fix for it at the moment unfortunately. It doesn’t seem consistent though. Sometimes a quick load gets rid of it, sometimes not. Sorry I can’t be more help

Well, bummer.  I'm glad it makes sense, though.  Thanks for the info.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.