[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

2 minutes ago, 1990eam said:

Hello Galileo. Thanks for mantaining the awesome mods as always.

I think I'm getting too many clouds after I install SVE. Like nowhere close to what pictures in this thread look like. Is this normal? I'm back after a long break with KSP and I don't remember if this was the usual behavior.

No SVE:

StWpmH9.jpg

SVE:

OKjFrE5.jpg

Modlist:

KA9T62w.jpg

Well, you have AVP installed with SVE.... what do you expect?

When I install SVE kerbins scatterer atmosphere config is set to something called 'urlum'. I'm sorry for asking for help but I searched the thread for 'urlum' and google for 'ksp sve urlum', and can't find help.

d9f337b177.png

How do i change it to kerbin? It won't let me edit the field. Should I just delete the urlum config? I've tried reinstalling scatterer, SVE, and dependencies.

I don't have the outer planets mod that urlum seems to be a part of. I do have SVE, SVT, scatterer, eve, distant objects, planetshine. I'm guessing it's some sort of mod conflict so if anyone sees one here I'd appreciate your help.

All mods are updated as of a week ago.

cfd78b4f9f.png

50 minutes ago, Duhya said:

When I install SVE kerbins scatterer atmosphere config is set to something called 'urlum'. I'm sorry for asking for help but I searched the thread for 'urlum' and google for 'ksp sve urlum', and can't find help.

d9f337b177.png

How do i change it to kerbin? It won't let me edit the field. Should I just delete the urlum config? I've tried reinstalling scatterer, SVE, and dependencies.

I don't have the outer planets mod that urlum seems to be a part of. I do have SVE, SVT, scatterer, eve, distant objects, planetshine. I'm guessing it's some sort of mod conflict so if anyone sees one here I'd appreciate your help.

All mods are updated as of a week ago.

cfd78b4f9f.png

That’s an issue with scatterer and module manager. If you don’t make changes, it doesn’t effect anything. 

Why are you trying to change things anyway? Firstly, the cfgs are set up in a particular way and if you make changes, it will cause issues throughout the mod as the dependencies do not play nice with with Module Manager. Secondly, I do not provide support to altered versions of SVE. I just don’t have the time for it. So if you are determined to make changes, you are on your own.

Edited by Galileo

57 minutes ago, Galileo said:

That’s an issue with scatterer and module manager. If you don’t make changes, it doesn’t effect anything. 

Why are you trying to change things anyway? Firstly, the cfgs are set up in a particular way and if you make changes, it will cause issues throughout the mod as the dependencies do not play nice with with Module Manager. Secondly, I do not provide support to altered versions of SVE. I just don’t have the time for it. So if you are determined to make changes, you are on your own.

So the discrepancy isn't an issue.

The reason i'm even looking at these settings is because scatterer post processing is off by default when i start the game for some reason. The change i make is i click 'toggle post processing,' but i thought this discrepancy might be somehow related, so i set out to fix it since it's the only lead i had.

I ended up fixing post processing not defaulting to on by deleting SVE and scatterer, reinstalling scatterer, booting the game, and finally reinstalling SVE. Thanks for the help.

7 hours ago, Duhya said:

So the discrepancy isn't an issue.

The reason i'm even looking at these settings is because scatterer post processing is off by default when i start the game for some reason. The change i make is i click 'toggle post processing,' but i thought this discrepancy might be somehow related, so i set out to fix it since it's the only lead i had.

I ended up fixing post processing not defaulting to on by deleting SVE and scatterer, reinstalling scatterer, booting the game, and finally reinstalling SVE. Thanks for the help.

SVE is probably disabling/overriding some scatterer settings on startup (on purpose). That's why they won't save/stay-on when you quit and restart the game. 

25 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

SVE is probably disabling/overriding some scatterer settings on startup (on purpose). That's why they won't save/stay-on when you quit and restart the game. 

Yes, SVE disables or changes a few settings that 95% of ppl don’t notice anyway and it saves performance by a ton. I don’t have time to deal with “my performance is crap” posts, so I nipped it in the bud.

just recently people have come to notice that SVE performs better than default EVE + Scatterer, so I’d say it has been justified.

Edited by Galileo

56 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

I think i'm confusing people. The whole of post processing was off by default. Meaning scatterer was doing nothing, and was effectively off, leaving the game looking like vanilla. I've fixed it since.

Unless scatterer is supposed to do nothing by default, I don't think i've changed any settings from default by clicking the 'toggle post processing' button.

7 hours ago, Galileo said:

No I don’t have clouds on Duna, but I’m not opposed to adding some next update.

Some high, white cirrus would be awesome; those big polar ice caps have to sublimate that moisture somewhere. :) 

I had added some a few weeks back but I was never really happy with how they turned out. Mostly I couldn't find a good cloud texture to use. This one was okay but about twice as dense as I was going for. And it only looked like this in Map view from the Tracking Station. The rest of the time it seemed over-exposed, like the air was glowing. 

MTdqytG.png

e4bCX0J.png

I couldn't quite figure out how to reconcile these so just went back to the "standard" SVE configs. 

2 hours ago, LameLefty said:

Some high, white cirrus would be awesome; those big polar ice caps have to sublimate that moisture somewhere. :) 

I had added some a few weeks back but I was never really happy with how they turned out. Mostly I couldn't find a good cloud texture to use. This one was okay but about twice as dense as I was going for. And it only looked like this in Map view from the Tracking Station. The rest of the time it seemed over-exposed, like the air was glowing. 

MTdqytG.png

e4bCX0J.png

I couldn't quite figure out how to reconcile these so just went back to the "standard" SVE configs. 

I figured out the exposure issue, and the culprit was KSP itself. The stock lighting exposure on a scale of 0-1 is set at 0.9. With Kopernicus, I am able to lower the value and make it look as intended. So I will be including a cfg to fix that, and the next version of SVE will come with a high recommendation for Kopernicus (I assume most people download it anyway for Jool rings or OPM, so it’s practically a dependency anyway) 

• 2 weeks later...

is there an option to get the HD kerbin textures without the clouds and all the rest? was trying to layout a waypoint path for a mechjeb rover to follow but it kept getting caught on some fairly steep slopes that just don't appear on the fuzzy stock map.

My skybox turns pitch black when I get far away from Kerbin. All of the stars disappear, as well as the Kerbin planet. 

Problem visualized and game date screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/oiH4TfQ

Log: (could not upload in comment, can I send by dm?)

Please help me if you can detect the problem!

Edited by renen2

29 minutes ago, renen2 said:

My skybox turns pitch black when I get far away from Kerbin. All of the stars disappear, as well as the Kerbin planet. 

Problem visualized and game date screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/oiH4TfQ

Please help me if you can detect the problem!

Are you running Scatterer?  If so, how recent is your version?  I believe this was a known issue in Scatterer for a while until recently, when it was fixed.  Make sure you have up to date versions.

29 minutes ago, Snark said:

Are you running Scatterer?  If so, how recent is your version?  I believe this was a known issue in Scatterer for a while until recently, when it was fixed.  Make sure you have up to date versions.

Totally worked! Thank you very much 

Hey I just installed this pack. However, it gave the Mun a blueish hue as seen here: 

tFPGvk4.jpg

I've tried installing it through CKAN as well but I got the same result. Is it because I am running 1.4.3 ? Here is my Log

Edited by Nikecow
fixed img

On 5/3/2018 at 11:41 AM, renen2 said:

For future reference, the best and only realistic way to do post your log files is to upload them to a file sharing service, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive, etc., and post the link here.

44 minutes ago, Nikecow said:

Hey I just installed this pack. However, it gave the Mun a blueish hue as seen here: 

lp9NobNivLimh74LY7lSeqcEWwaAYs-TJJ2QUkOz

I've tried installing it through CKAN as well but I got the same result. Is it because I am running 1.4.3 ? Here is my Log

First, FYI, your link is broken.

Second, I don't believe SVE has been released for 1.4.3 (the clue is in the topic title).  I suggest you read the OP and use with KSP v1.4.3 at your own risk.

Edited by Brigadier

1 hour ago, Nikecow said:

Hey I just installed this pack. 

Actually, you didn’t. 

iO0F5Er.jpg

And for anyone wondering, SVE works in 1.4.3, but I am preparing a new version that fixes a few small issues. 

Edited by Galileo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.