[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

1 hour ago, GreatCow said:

Of course, I can't put them both in my GameData cause they have the same name

Yes you can. The contents of the folders are different. They don’t overwrite anything, so just merge them

Edited by Galileo

After a lot of reading this forum I am still not able to get city lights (probably other effects also) to show with SVE 

Once I finally got ModuleManager.3.0.7.dll placed where it is supposed to be I really thought I found the problem... but still no city lights just an inky black dark side of Kerbin with some halo effect on the edges.  I looked to verify with the view from the tracking station (but I read there is a bug with that, but maybe it was fixed),  I would switch into "FLY" of a Comm Sat to look both in map mode and flying mode.   

When loading with Module Manager it did show it was generating patch files... (The extra files in the GameData folder I think show it is working)

Here is my game data structure with the folders expanded to show files where I thought the were pertinent.... can someone see if they can spot the issue?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Is there something else I need to show to help troubleshoot?

I also have Squad, MechJeb2 and TriggerTech folders that I have not shown the files within them; 
...\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\
ModuleManager.3.0.7.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
...\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
button.png
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements.version
eveshaders.bundle
License.txt
...\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins
_BuildManager.dll
Atmosphere.dll
CelestialShadows.dll
CityLights.dll
EVEManager.dll
PartFX.dll
PQSManager.dll
ShaderLoader.dll
Terrain.dll
TextureConfig.dll
Utils.dll
...\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Shaders
Compiled-CloudShadow.shader
Compiled-CloudVolumeParticle.shader
Compiled-OceanBack.shader
Compiled-PartIVA.shader
Compiled-PlanetShadow.shader
Compiled-SphereAtmosphere.shader
Compiled-SphereCloud.shader
Compiled-SphereCloud.shader
Compiled-SpherePlanet.shader
Compiled-SpherePlanetCityLights.shader
Compiled-SpherePlanetLighting.shader
Compiled-SphereTerrain.shader
Compiled-SphereTerrainCityLights.shader
Compiled-SphereTerrainLighting.shader
ParsedCombinations-CloudVolumeParticle.shader
...\scatterer
scatterer.dll
...\scatterer\config
config.cfg
planetsList.cfg
...\Scatterer\Planets (with subfolders for Duna through Laythe with files in them too)
...\Scatterer\Sunflares (with subfolder for Sun with files)
Sun.cfg
...\StockVisualEnhancements
StockVisualEnhancements.version\
...\SVE_Configs
EVE_AtmoSmoother.cfg
EVE_Atmospheres.cfg
EVE_Eclipse.cfg
EVE_OPMAtmospheres.cfg
EVE_PQS.cfg
OPMClouds.cfg
Scatterer_EVEShadows.cfg
SVE_CityLights.cfg
SVE_Clouds.cfg
SVE_JoolRings.cfg
...\SVE_Scatterer
planetsList.cfg
Scatterer_Settings.cfg
...Planets\
(Folders for Duna through Urlum)
the Kervbin folder has 
atmo.cfg
and a Atmo folder with 3 files (inscatter.half, irradiance.half, transmittance.half)
...\StockVisualEnhancements\Textures (with 24 files and 1 partical folder with 4 files)

I found my output_log.txt

I am waiting on a ticket with dropbox to be able to share the complete file...

Here is a snip showing an error with city lights...

Non platform assembly: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\CityLights.dll (this message is harmless)
AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'CityLights': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Any clues from just that much?

Hi @Galileo

Hi have fail to install your mod I think :/

When I start a game or continue my previous one, I have the view blocked on zoomed KSC with the sky flashing with black cloudy sky. I can't move the view and it never zoom out, I can go in the different buildings with the left menu so the game is not freeze and when I move the pointer on the screen the box of each buildings is showed, like if for the game the view is normally zoomed at start

here is a zip with my logs and a screen of my gamedata folder. hope  you have a solution for me , actually I must play without SVE

http://dl.free.fr/hs9bsyvcT

Regards

DarkSlimus

EDIT : SORRY TO WASTE YOUR TIME ....your mod isn't involved in my problem, I try to find who is the guilty one

Edited by DarkSlimus
my own fault

I tried reinstalling and reverifying I had all the newest versions... still I get no city lights?

Here are updated versions of the output_log.txt and I wrote a script to dump all the file details from my game data folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6qrmxb7qeo2j7g/output_log.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rq72ded5boprwia/KSP Gamedata file list.txt?dl=0

Hopefully this will be enough to help troubleshoot the issue.

28 minutes ago, jake0042 said:

Here are updated versions of the output_log.txt

Hm...thats pretty strange. Your EVE folder contains all the dlls:

...\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins
_BuildManager.dll
Atmosphere.dll
CelestialShadows.dll
CityLights.dll
EVEManager.dll
PartFX.dll
PQSManager.dll
ShaderLoader.dll
Terrain.dll
TextureConfig.dll
Utils.dll

BUT, they are not recognized by KSP:

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
ModuleManager v3.0.7.0
PartFX v1.4.2.2
ShaderLoader v1.5.5980.12248 / v1.0.0.0
_BuildManager v1.5.5980.12249 / v1.0.0.0
MechJeb2 v2.5.1.0 / v / v2.7.1.0
scatterer v0.0.0.0
Stock assembly: KSPSteamCtrlr v0.0.1.35
Stock assembly: Steamworks.NET v9.0.0.0 / v9.0.0
KerbalAlarmClock v3.9.1.0

Also, you got several 'AssemblyLoader: Exception' messages for all the dll files, which are not listed in 'Mod DLLs found'.

Did you reinstalled just the mods or KSP as well?

I am attempting to "Validate Integrity of Game Files"

All mod folders except SQUAD I moved to a holding folder before trying that.

It found 4 files to reacquire...

But that still did not work, and it clobbered all my satellites so I could only attempt to see the dark side from the tracking station (it was still a inky black ball).  The only vehicle left in my save game was a rover on the other side of Kerbin.  The same errors appear in the log starting with:

ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

I guess it will require a complete uninstall and re-install.

I did an uninstall from steam...  Then an Install.  When launching it I noticed that the mods were still there (it did not delete the files).   Same issues.

I did another uninstall (from the settings panel)  but it still launched steam to do the uninstall.  This time I moved the whole Kerbal Space Program folder to my desktop and renamed it with OLD... in front.

THEN did another install.

I launched the game and created a new sandbox to make sure it would run.

Then I coped in the mods (I did NOT copy in the prior mod manager created files (ConfigCache, ConfigSHA, Physics, TechTree) just to make sure those did not have bad pointers.  Then launched another NEW sandbox.  I built a quick sat and put it into orbit... again the dark side is an inky black ball)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqqh43r85zyr56f/output_log (After full reinstall).txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h33mn8mkr9ijs0w/GameData Listing (After Full Reinstall).txt?dl=0

Is there a certain res I have to use if I have the highres textures?

2 hours ago, jake0042 said:

Is there a certain res I have to use if I have the highres textures?

AFAIK, no. But maybe you should not try to run the high res textures on a GPU with 2GB VRAM (and an ancient graphics driver)...thats really optimistic ;)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I've found your problem: You've downloaded a old version of EVE, the one release by rbray89 for KSP 1.1 which is 2 years old. Try the updated version released by waz: https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

SUCCESS!

It is interesting though, when I downloaded from the link you provided...

The file that came down was the same name as the one I had previously: EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-1.4.2.2 (1).zip it automatically appended the "(1)".   The Plugins folder shows a 5/18/2018 date (probably when I first downloaded), but the files within the ZIP have a 4/12/2018 date.   Hmmm, but so do the files in the NEW downloaded zip.  That is weird.  Oh well, it works now.

I'll try with the high res for a bit to see if it isn't too sluggish, but I'll be ready to drop down to medium res if it gets too annoying.

THANKS for helping find the issue!   (Perhaps I'll post a comment about this on the EVE page too incase others have this issue too)

I can't seem to get SVE and OPM to work together.

In my modded KSP 1.3.1 install, I was having issues with invisible terrain, so I removed all mods and readded them manually one by one until I found the issue to be with kopernicus (an update to kopernicus 1.3.1-9 fixed it). After replacing the rest, however, kopernicus gave this error on the start screen, and I would get an endless load screen when trying to start any game. Reverting to previous kopernicus didn't fix it, and after removing and replacing mods one by one again, I found the issue to be with SVE and OPM. The game would work fine if I included all mods except the SVE folder. Same if I included all (including kopernicus) but the OPM folder. However, with just SVE, OPM, and their dependencies, I get the same kopernicus error and I can't figure out why.

I'm running KSP 1.3.1, kopernicus 1.3.1-9, OPM 2.2.1, EVE 1.2.2-1,  and SVE 1.3.0.4 with low res textures.

Here's my output_log, and my  gamedata folder looks like this.

12 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Stop posting full logs. Upload to Dropbox and share the link. 

You don’t even have SVE installed... 

It's there, wise guy, right in the screenshot.

But anyway, now that we have the issue sorted out, nothing to see. I'm just purging the other post. Am I actually the only one who has ever asked about this? It was just very unexpected and ended up looking like a bug.

Edited by vger

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

Is there a way to configure it to turn off the city lights and city graphics but keep the clouds and all the rest of it?  

Yes, you can do this. While at the KSC scene, you got an EVE toolbar button, which will open the EVE Config Editor. Use the arrow buttons at the top to navigate to the 'CityLightsManager'. 'Kerbin' should be pre-selected, if not, switch through the list of celestial bodys until Kerbin appears. It will show you the CityLights config, which can be removed by clicking 'remove' (who'd have thought? :D ). Click 'Save' and restart your game. City lights and city texture are gone, but everything else stays the same :)

5 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Yes, you can do this. While at the KSC scene, you got an EVE toolbar button, which will open the EVE Config Editor. Use the arrow buttons at the top to navigate to the 'CityLightsManager'. 'Kerbin' should be pre-selected, if not, switch through the list of celestial bodys until Kerbin appears. It will show you the CityLights config, which can be removed by clicking 'remove' (who'd have thought? :D ). Click 'Save' and restart your game. City lights and city texture are gone, but everything else stays the same :)

Awesome!  Do I have to do this for every game, or is that now my default?

As for why?  I'm a nature kind of guy. Flying around the mountains and plains of Kerbin is nice when I cannot get out in the real stuff.  I like Kerbin uncluttered :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.