[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

On 10/07/2016 at 6:08 PM, Berlin said:

Have you tried a fresh install? 

What version are you using?  High, med, low? 

Post your logs please. 

On 10/07/2016 at 6:08 PM, Berlin said:

Have you tried a fresh install? 

What version are you using?  High, med, low? 

Post your logs please. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qedyn4vnagtt11f/output_log.txt?dl=0

Is this what you need? I've installed the medium res version.

Unity Player [version: Unity 5.2.4f1_98095704e6fe]

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module mono.dll at 0023:101195ba.

Error occurred at 2016-07-10_121114.
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe, run by nick.
35% memory in use.
0 MB physical memory [0 MB free].
0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
0 MB user address space [82 MB free].
Write to location 0081b000 caused an access violation.

Context:
EDI:    0x00400000  ESI: 0xd5eea700  EAX:   0x0000fca0
EBX:    0x00000001  ECX: 0x0081b000  EDX:   0x00000000
EIP:    0x101195ba  EBP: 0x007ebdd0  SegCs: 0x00000023

Edited by RonaldRayGun

6 minutes ago, RonaldRayGun said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qedyn4vnagtt11f/output_log.txt?dl=0

Is this what you need? I've installed the medium res version.

Unity Player [version: Unity 5.2.4f1_98095704e6fe]

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module mono.dll at 0023:101195ba.

Error occurred at 2016-07-10_121114.
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe, run by nick.
35% memory in use.
0 MB physical memory [0 MB free].
0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
0 MB user address space [82 MB free].
Write to location 0081b000 caused an access violation.

Context:
EDI:    0x00400000  ESI: 0xd5eea700  EAX:   0x0000fca0
EBX:    0x00000001  ECX: 0x0081b000  EDX:   0x00000000
EIP:    0x101195ba  EBP: 0x007ebdd0  SegCs: 0x00000023

Yes.  But what is your issue? 

Edited by Berlin

6 minutes ago, RonaldRayGun said:

KSP crashes when i use the mod, approximately every 15 mins. 

If i remove the mod(s) the game stops crashing...

Are you running 64bit? From the looks of it you are not.  You are running out of memory.  Run the game in x64 and you should be fine

Edited by Berlin

5 minutes ago, RonaldRayGun said:

it's odd, i have some logs for the 64 bit (up to the 22nd of April) then it seems to have switched to 32bit. I only use KSP via steam

Yes steam at one point steam was running 64 bit by default but it switched back to 32. Try running it from where your ksp is installed.  E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe 

But run the 64 bit

Now I'm off to sleeeeeeeppppppppp

Edited by Berlin

31 minutes ago, Wallygator said:

This looks pretty cool!

definately going  on top of my stock install. 

Curious regarding RSS implementation? Has it been done? Or is it under thought?

I also developed ssrss. Check it out 

53 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Ah, sorry, "Normal Sized" for me please. Otherwise you need to remove the R from RSS.  But thanks for the suggestion.

16 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Developed... Helped????? :huh:

Sorry if my question ignited something.

1 minute ago, Wallygator said:

Ah, sorry, "Normal Sized" for me please. Otherwise you need to remove the R from RSS.  But thanks for the suggestion.

Hahaha no XD I can suggest RVE for that then :wink: 

1 hour ago, Berlin said:

30 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Developed... Helped????? :huh:

11 minutes ago, Wallygator said:

9 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Hahaha no XD I can suggest RVE for that then :wink: 

Passive aggressive sDaZe strikes!

There is now an independent mod that adds in the same plasma trial. I'm not sure if it is from you or someone else.
They said they used textures that were in the KSP directory but not used.

Also, I have to agree that mach 2 is a bit slow for a plasma trail. You'd have to be reentering really harshly in order to have a plasma trail.

How about 2.5 - 3+ km/s?

23 hours ago, Andem said:

The winds on Mars/Duna don't have the pushing power required to push over a MAV, so I suppose it's more realistic.

Yes I know that it's not that strong. A 175 mile per hour wind would only be equivalent to a strong wind on earth, but nowhere near close enough to tip a spacecraft like the MAV.

But I'm not aiming towards realism. I'm trying to re-create the martian for a video.

And besides, they need some reason to leave in a hurry and think that mark's dead! 

It's called suspension of disbelief. 

11 hours ago, Berlin said:

Yes steam at one point steam was running 64 bit by default but it switched back to 32. Try running it from where your ksp is installed.  E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe 

But run the 64 bit

Now I'm off to sleeeeeeeppppppppp

Thanks @Berlin  that did the trick ... i had no idea i was running the 32 bit version!

4 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

A 175 mile per hour wind would only be equivalent to a strong wind on earth, but nowhere near close enough to tip a spacecraft like the MAV.

O.o

175 M/PH is a strong wind... much as the Pacific Ocean is slightly wet? 75 is the low end for a Category 1 Hurricane... 156 or so is the low end for a Cat 5. 175 would be MORE than enough to push over a spacecraft like the MAV, I'd think, give how much damage it does to normal buildings on Earth, never mind Duna/Mars where gravity is somewhat less.

As nice as this mod looks, I'd never add any kind of clouds on airless bodies. It's incredibly unrealistic and tbh looks awful. Mun is all about contrasts and vacuum. Yes, actual Moon does have weird dust phenomena, but it's only barely visible in some circumstances by human eye looking from the surface. Other than that, there is no clouds or convection or anything like that. Gas expands in all directions, dust follows parabolic arches.

Also, if there's a way to extinguish the auroras on the daylight side, that would be nice. They are so incredibly dim, actually. If they were visible in broad daylight, it would mean the object's atmosphere is being actively destroyed.

In any case, it looks nice with the rest, but it's so large. Even the lowest resolution is hundreds of MB which makes it unpractical for people who already use mods, unless they have beasty machines.

2 hours ago, Shadriss said:

175 M/PH is a strong wind... much as the Pacific Ocean is slightly wet? 75 is the low end for a Category 1 Hurricane... 156 or so is the low end for a Cat 5. 175 would be MORE than enough to push over a spacecraft like the MAV, I'd think, give how much damage it does to normal buildings on Earth, never mind Duna/Mars where gravity is somewhat less.

It's not the gravity that's the issue here, it's the atmospheric density. Here's an article about it - http://www.popsci.com/why-martians-deadly-sandstorm-was-impossible

2 hours ago, lajoswinkler said:

As nice as this mod looks, I'd never add any kind of clouds on airless bodies. It's incredibly unrealistic and tbh looks awful. Mun is all about contrasts and vacuum. Yes, actual Moon does have weird dust phenomena, but it's only barely visible in some circumstances by human eye looking from the surface. Other than that, there is no clouds or convection or anything like that. Gas expands in all directions, dust follows parabolic arches.

Also, if there's a way to extinguish the auroras on the daylight side, that would be nice. They are so incredibly dim, actually. If they were visible in broad daylight, it would mean the object's atmosphere is being actively destroyed

These are all artistic choices done at Berlin's discretion (although current EVE limitations don't give a lot of control over the appearance of auroras yet). You can remove them easily enough by deleting the offending cloud layers in the configs. I think you could also use ModuleManager so you don't have to necessarily make the deletion with each SVE update. But that's up to you.

Wow I ignore KSP for a week and look what happens! My jaw was on the floor from the screenshots alone, looks amazing already.

I would like to say that I'm not quite a fan of the "natural" dust clouds on atmosphere-less bodies either. But if there was a way to make it so those dust clouds appeared and then slowly dispersed/fell where a vessel or piece of debris came in contact with the surface... well, that would be beyond incredible!

Edited by Gorby1

I'll toss my hat in the ring for the artistic choice of dust clouds on airless bodies like the Mun. As I said earlier, it adds to the "otherness" of the Kerbal system. When I last landed on the Mun, I was pleasantly surprised by the dust. It changed a boring old "here we go again" landing into something intriguing, something that sparks the imagination.

3 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

I was pleasantly surprised by the dust. It changed a boring old "here we go again" landing into something intriguing, something that sparks the imagination.

I am torn, because I agree with that too. Maybe I need to send my kerbals up to investigate if there's still some latent seismic activity causing the dust to rise off the surface in a low cloud-like layer... :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.