[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

14 hours ago, Shadriss said:

O.o

175 M/PH is a strong wind... much as the Pacific Ocean is slightly wet? 75 is the low end for a Category 1 Hurricane... 156 or so is the low end for a Cat 5. 175 would be MORE than enough to push over a spacecraft like the MAV, I'd think, give how much damage it does to normal buildings on Earth, never mind Duna/Mars where gravity is somewhat less.

Gravity has nothing to do with it.
Remember, Mars has a MUCH thinner atmosphere than earth. Even in KSP, the atmosphere is extremely thin. If it is so thin that parachute-only landings are nearly impossible, then it's too thin to tip it.

While the actual air may be going 175 miles per hour, the actual force it exerts is much less. You would feel perhaps around the same force as a 50 mile per hour wind. If it were to harm the craft at all, it would blow it slightly off-course when landing.

The reason why they had to have this in The Martian is just for plot. There's no other scenario where they would have to leave in a hurry, not able to see where Mark is.

5 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Gotta say I'm not a fan of the massive download.  I'd much rather install my mods on my own and just get the configs.

that's what I plan on doing this coming update. I'm not a fan of the upload :) I have a data cap lol

However I am implementing ground textures in this update so it might be almost the same size. The mods I included don't really take up much room, its the textures and I don't plan on getting rid of those

Edited by Berlin

2 hours ago, Berlin said:

that's what I plan on doing this coming update. I'm not a fan of the upload :) I have a data cap lol

However I am implementing ground textures in this update so it might be almost the same size. The mods I included don't really take up much room, its the textures and I don't plan on getting rid of those

Thanks to your efforts, the mod is really great, both ways lol

I would like to ask, is there any chance of solving the problem in running the mod in D3D11? Since the latest version of visual environmental enhancements (E.V.E) the game does not load in DX11!

5 hours ago, Leandro Basi said:

I would like to ask, is there any chance of solving the problem in running the mod in D3D11? Since the latest version of visual environmental enhancements (E.V.E) the game does not load in DX11!

if you're using the 64 bit KSP, the complete line you need to add it's:  -force-d3d11-nosinglethread

14 minutes ago, Berlin said:

if you're using the 64 bit KSP, the complete line you need to add it's:  -force-d3d11-nosinglethread

does this "-nosinglethread" fix the EVE-problem on loading KSP?

4 hours ago, Berlin said:

Thanks man this works! D3d11 saves memory!

6 minutes ago, Leandro Basi said:

Oh oh! Nevermind, doesnt works logs says dx9 i put wrong syntax in commands, with correct the game wont load!

If I install the most recent Kopernicus alongside this I get glitched cloud textures on Kerbin, either only half the planet has a cloud layer or you can see a visible seam between the two halves.   Is there a fix or is this a EVE bug?

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 8:50 AM, Berlin said:

UPDATE 1.0.3

IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING POOR PERFORMANCE, DELETE THE FOLLOWING:
**this will delete ground textures and scatter objects**

-SVEKopernicus
-Kopernicus
-ModularFlightManager

IF YOU ARE STILL HAVING POOR PERFORMANCE AFTER DELETING THOSE FILES, DELETE:

-Scatterer

-Added ground textures to all celestial bodies
-Added new dusts storms to Duna ( visible from scaled space) Thanks @Tekener
-Added auroras to bottom of Kerbin and Laythe
-Made dust on Mun more transparent
-Removed white volumetric clouds on Duna
-Updated README

**DO NOT INSTALL EVE SEPERATELY, EVERYTHING IS BUNDLED IN THIS DOWNLOAD**

Download Links:
        xO68iAc.jpg     xO68iAc.jpg     xO68iAc.jpg
                   HIGH RESOLUTION                        MEDIUM RESOLUTION                         LOW RESOLUTION

I know the download has gotten a little heavy since I took over, but I promise its worth it! If there are things you do not wish to have in your GameData file, then by all means, delete it.

Edited by Berlin

1 hour ago, eberkain said:

If I install the most recent Kopernicus alongside this I get glitched cloud textures on Kerbin, either only half the planet has a cloud layer or you can see a visible seam between the two halves.   Is there a fix or is this a EVE bug?

latest update includes kopernicus. if you are experiencing the half clouded kerbin in the main menu, its fine. its not like that in game

25 minutes ago, Berlin said:

latest update includes kopernicus. if you are experiencing the half clouded kerbin in the main menu, its fine. its not like that in game

Yes, but in game there is a clear edge where the two halves of the cloud layer meet where the cloud textures do not match, this is only happens when Kopernicus is installed 

12 hours ago, Leandro Basi said:

@Nansuchao

5 minutes ago, eberkain said:

Yes, but in game there is a clear edge where the two halves of the cloud layer meet where the cloud textures do not match, this is only happens when Kopernicus is installed 

Try reinstalling.  It has never happened to me in game. If the problem persists ask on the kopernicus thread.  This also might just be a cloud layer that isn't seamless 

14 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

FYI - the bundled version of ModularFlightIntegrator is not the latest. 

I just bundled what was in the latest kopernicus. If you want to update it then do so.  I'm sure it won't hurt anything

Edited by Berlin

I will switch to your mod pretty soon but have a question.

I'm currently using EVE only and have the so reporterd half-clouded Kerbin at the menu, but it also happens in flight. Strangely it's never horizontal like in the menu but vertical, you can see it here on the right :

2PO1084.png

It happens only after some time orbiting Kerbin, just like if the textures don't reload. If I warp Kerbin will end totally out of clouds :

cb90klS.png

I just have to put the map on and the textures will reload properly.

9mWg8iJ.png

Will it happen also with Stock Visual Enhancement ?

It's not annoying at all, I mean just pressing "M" two times is not a problem, but I'm just curious about.

9 minutes ago, XB-70A said:

I will switch to your mod pretty soon but have a question.

I'm currently using EVE only and have the so reporterd half-clouded Kerbin at the menu, but it also happens in flight. Strangely it's never horizontal like in the menu but vertical, you can see it here on the right :

2PO1084.png

It happens only after some time orbiting Kerbin, just like if the textures don't reload. If I warp Kerbin will end totally out of clouds :

cb90klS.png

I just have to put the map on and the textures will reload properly.

9mWg8iJ.png

Will it happen also with Stock Visual Enhancement ?

It's not annoying at all, I mean just pressing "M" two times is not a problem, but I'm just curious about.

I think this may be due to the fact that EVE uses cube map clouds but I'm probably wrong.  Maybe @Poodmund can verify?  SVE does not currently use cube maps because it confuses my simple brain and I haven't ever noticed seams like that. So I'll have to say no,  SVE doesn't do that 

@sDaZe I need screenshots!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by Berlin

Just now, Berlin said:

I think this may be due to the fact that EVE uses cube map clouds but I'm probably wrong.  May @Poodmund can verify?  SVE does not currently use cube maps because it confuses my simple brain and I haven't ever noticed seams like that. So I'll have to say no,  SVE doesn't do that 

Thank you for such a fast answer!

3 hours ago, Leandro Basi said:

Oh oh! Nevermind, doesnt works logs says dx9 i put wrong syntax in commands, with correct the game wont load!

There's something wrong there, and it's not the command line, I'm using it without any issue.

Can you post a screen of the command line in the shortcut properties?

1 hour ago, Nansuchao said:

There's something wrong there, and it's not the command line, I'm using it without any issue.

Can you post a screen of the command line in the shortcut properties?

Im out of my house now then cannot print screen, but i AM using -force-d3d11 -nosinglethread (space after "d3d11")

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.