[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

3 minutes ago, Leandro Basi said:

But whithout space the game loads d3d9!

Ah!  It's because you had a misspelling.  Its: -force-d3d11-nosinglethreaded 

You forgot the ED at the end of thread

If I may Berlin - why are you including  a new skybox? I grant you it's one you like, but I didn't expect it to be in there, and I almost overwrote my own custom skybox because of it. I don't recall seeing anything being mentioned about that being included in the package. Not a big deal, I guess, but I was expecting the mod to modify the planets, and not the big empty-ish nothing they hang in. :)

Actually, thinking on it... I've already lost my original skybox, haven't I? Was this in the last version as well? I haven't played in a few weeks due to a move, so I honestly can't recall what my 'box looked like before I upgraded to your version of SVE.

1 hour ago, Leandro Basi said:

Im out of my house now then cannot print screen, but i AM using -force-d3d11 -nosinglethread (space after "d3d11")

57 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Why would you add a space?  No no no

10 hours ago, Berlin said:

if you're using the 64 bit KSP, the complete line you need to add it's:  -force-d3d11-nosinglethread

actually it is "-nosinglethreaded"

http://docs.unity3d.com/520/Documentation/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html

-force-d3d11-no-singlethreaded

edit -damn, ninjad :-/

Edited by Speadge

1 minute ago, Shadriss said:

If I may Berlin - why are you including  a new skybox? I grant you it's one you like, but I didn't expect it to be in there, and I almost overwrote my own custom skybox because of it. I don't recall seeing anything being mentioned about that being included in the package. Not a big deal, I guess, but I was expecting the mod to modify the planets, and not the big empty-ish nothing they hang in. :)

Actually, thinking on it... I've already lost my original skybox, haven't I? Was this in the last version as well? I haven't played in a few weeks due to a move, so I honestly can't recall what my 'box looked like before I upgraded to your version of SVE.

It was there last version.  I caught it before I overwrote mine too, not a big fan of having everything bundled together honestly, would rather just have links to recommend mods that go with this.  I actually didn't use anything from the texture replacer folder because I already have endraxial textures, my own skybox and a bunch of suit/head textures I didn't want to mess with   First thing I had to do was dig through all the folders and see what mods were there.  Like the reentry particle effects mod is there, but hidden in a different folder, and the planetshine mod is there too, but in its normal folder.  So its a little confusing. 

47 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

I don't recall seeing anything being mentioned about that being included in the package

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 8:50 AM, Berlin said:

-Included @Avera9eJoe Endraxial's planet textures and a skybox

36 minutes ago, eberkain said:

It was there last version.  I caught it before I overwrote mine too, not a big fan of having everything bundled together honestly, would rather just have links to recommend mods that go with this.  I actually didn't use anything from the texture replacer folder because I already have endraxial textures, my own skybox and a bunch of suit/head textures I didn't want to mess with   First thing I had to do was dig through all the folders and see what mods were there.  Like the reentry particle effects mod is there, but hidden in a different folder, and the planetshine mod is there too, but in its normal folder.  So its a little confusing. 

with this current update your collection of endraxials textures will be redundant as I am using them in my Kopernicus cfgs and the textures are in plugindata folder included in each planets file.
in fact, they may cause issue because some of the planets color maps and normal maps have changed so I recommend you delete those files in your texture replacer folder.

This is the package I put together because I think it gives the game its best look.

I made it very simple to delete what you don't want.

It was a little confusing I suppose. I wanted the particle effect to be a surprise, but now its literally right click delete if you don't want it.

I made the package this way to avoid confusion for people that have a hard time installing mods manually.

If you have enough knowledge to do this manually then deleting what you don't want should be a breeze.

I don't necessarily want to continuously answer questions about putting this on CKAN or how to install everything so I made it simple. drag and drop.

If you don't agree with this strategy then I'm sorry? 

Edited by Berlin

1 hour ago, SkyKaptn said:

This last update is a frikkin masterpiece. Lots of subtle eyecandy that makes grand total. A joy to hug close to the terrain now. Is the twinkling skybox new btw? Just noticed it. 

cohiHcI.png

No I had it last update.  I'm currently packaging another update.  That should fix a few small things. 

I've used EVE and Scatterer separately, but I wanted to try SVE because I think the clouds looked better.  Anyway, not a lot of luck.

As a backdrop, I have tons of other mods already and a fair amount of time invested in a save, so I wanted to add this to what's already there.  Fine, I removed EVE, but I already had Kopernicus and TextureReplacer installed.  I'm assuming those already included some configurations for my other mods so I didn't want to just remove them.  I tried both using my current version and merging in what's in SVE, both approaches causing bizarre behavior and crashes.  I also have Outer Planets Mod, which probably necessitates a lot of the Kopernicus stuff already, and I have suits and Kerbal heads in TextureReplacer.

Anyway, it made it look pretty messed up on the main screen, and when I loaded my save I got messages about contracts that wouldn't load because 'Minimus' didn't exist.  Below are some of the weird logs I got.

So, is there any experience integrating this when a lot of the included mods already exist, and there are saves involved?  A lot of what's included in SVE seemed to be different from what was there already, so just dropping the directories from the SVE zip that I don't already have into GameData doesn't seem to work.  Most of my mods are from CKAN and up to date.

Yes, I keep a backup of my whole KSP install so I can just go back to the way it was, but I was curious to see how things looked here with SVE.

Cheers,

-BS

WRN 18:12:34.137] ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Error loading contract for contract type 'VIKTransportNoSpace'.  The contract type either failed to load or was uninstalled.
[WRN 18:12:34.153] ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Error loading contract for contract type 'RescueCrashSurvivors3'.  The contract type either failed to load or was uninstalled.
[WRN 18:12:34.169] ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Error loading contract for contract type 'VIKScientistsSouthPole'.  The contract type either failed to load or was uninstalled.
[EXC 18:12:34.171] ArgumentException: 'Minmus' is not a valid CelestialBody.
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression)
	ContractConfigurator.Parameters.PlantFlagCustom.OnParameterLoad (.ConfigNode node)
	ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
	ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter:OnLoad(ConfigNode)
	Contracts.ContractParameter:Load(ConfigNode)
	Contracts.Contract:Load(Contract, ConfigNode)
	Contracts.ContractSystem:LoadContract(ConfigNode)
	Contracts.	:MoveNext()
[WRN 18:12:34.195] ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Error loading contract for contract type 'VIKMeeting'.  The contract type either failed to load or was uninstalled.
[WRN 18:12:34.211] ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Error loading contract for contract type 'VIKTransportNoSpace'.  The contract type either failed to load or was uninstalled.
[WRN 18:12:34.227] ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Error loading contract for contract type 'VIKTransferNoSpace'.  The contract type either failed to load or was uninstalled.
[WRN 18:12:34.243] ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Error loading contract for contract type 'VIKTransport'.  The contract type either failed to load or was uninstalled.
[EXC 18:12:34.269] ArgumentException: 'Minmus' is not a valid CelestialBody.
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, .CelestialBody defaultValue)
	ContractConfigurator.Parameters.OrbitParameter.OnParameterLoad (.ConfigNode node)
	ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
	ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter:OnLoad(ConfigNode)
[EXC 18:12:34.288] ArgumentException: 'Minmus' is not a valid CelestialBody.
	System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
	Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
	System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
	System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[List`1] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression)
[EXC 18:12:34.289] ArgumentException: 'Minmus' is not a valid CelestialBody.
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, .CelestialBody defaultValue)
	ContractConfigurator.Parameters.OrbitParameter.OnParameterLoad (.ConfigNode node)
[EXC 18:12:34.290] ArgumentException: 'Minmus' is not a valid CelestialBody.
	ContractConfigurator.SCANsatCoverage.OnParameterLoad (.ConfigNode node)
[LOG 18:12:34.318] 7/14/2016 6:12:34 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Contracts System Ready
[EXC 18:12:34.489] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex + count > this.length
Parameter name: count
	System.String.Remove (Int32 startIndex, Int32 count)
	Kopernicus.OnDemand.OnDemandStorage.LoadTexture (System.String path, Boolean compress, Boolean upload, Boolean unreadable)
	Kopernicus.OnDemand.MapSODemand.Load ()
	Kopernicus.OnDemand.OnDemandStorage.EnableMapList (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 maps, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 exclude)
	Kopernicus.OnDemand.OnDemandStorage.EnableBody (System.String body)
	Kopernicus.OnDemand.PQSMod_OnDemandHandler.OnQuadPreBuild (.PQ quad)
	PQS.Mod_OnQuadPreBuild (.PQ quad)
	PQS.BuildQuad (.PQ quad)
	PQ.Build ()
	PQ.SetVisible ()
	PQ.UpdateVisibility ()
	PQ.UpdateSubdivision ()
	PQ.UpdateSubdivision ()
	PQ.UpdateSubdivision ()
	PQ.UpdateSubdivision ()
	PQ.UpdateSubdivision ()
	PQ.UpdateSubdivision ()
	PQS.UpdateQuadsInit ()
	PQS.StartSphere (Boolean force)
	PQS.RebuildSphere ()
	PQS.Update ()

16 minutes ago, eberkain said:

I see this with the new version, same thing I was seeing when using Kopernicus with the previous version.TymPuRP.jpg

Ok I need more info.  Do you have BoulderCo in your gamedata?  What OS are you running?  I'm not seeing this at all and I assume nobody else is experiencing this  as you are the only person so far with this issue so i need to know what you are doing good on your end. 

1 hour ago, barfing_skull said:

I've used EVE and Scatterer separately, but I wanted to try SVE because I think the clouds looked better.  Anyway, not a lot of luck.

As a backdrop, I have tons of other mods already and a fair amount of time invested in a save, so I wanted to add this to what's already there.  Fine, I removed EVE, but I already had Kopernicus and TextureReplacer installed.  I'm assuming those already included some configurations for my other mods so I didn't want to just remove them.  I tried both using my current version and merging in what's in SVE, both approaches causing bizarre behavior and crashes.  I also have Outer Planets Mod, which probably necessitates a lot of the Kopernicus stuff already, and I have suits and Kerbal heads in TextureReplacer.

Anyway, it made it look pretty messed up on the main screen, and when I loaded my save I got messages about contracts that wouldn't load because 'Minimus' didn't exist.  Below are some of the weird logs I got.

So, is there any experience integrating this when a lot of the included mods already exist, and there are saves involved?  A lot of what's included in SVE seemed to be different from what was there already, so just dropping the directories from the SVE zip that I don't already have into GameData doesn't seem to work.  Most of my mods are from CKAN and up to date.

Yes, I keep a backup of my whole KSP install so I can just go back to the way it was, but I was curious to see how things looked here with SVE.

Cheers,

-BS

WRN 18:12:34.137] ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Error loading contract for contract type 'VIKTransportNoSpace'.  The contract type either failed to load or was uninstalled.
[WRN 18:12:34.153] ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Error loading contract for contract type 'RescueCrashSurvivors3'.  The contract type either failed to load or was uninstalled.
[WRN 18:12:34.169] ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Error loading contract for contract type 'VIKScientistsSouthPole'.  The contract type either failed to load or was uninstalled.
[EXC 18:12:34.171] ArgumentException: 'Minmus' is not a valid CelestialBody.
	ContractConfigurator.Parameters.PlantFlagCustom.OnParameterLoad (.ConfigNode node)
[WRN 18:12:34.195] ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Error loading contract for contract type 'VIKMeeting'.  The contract type either failed to load or was uninstalled.
[WRN 18:12:34.211] ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Error loading contract for contract type 'VIKTransportNoSpace'.  The contract type either failed to load or was uninstalled.
[WRN 18:12:34.227] ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Error loading contract for contract type 'VIKTransferNoSpace'.  The contract type either failed to load or was uninstalled.
[WRN 18:12:34.243] ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Error loading contract for contract type 'VIKTransport'.  The contract type either failed to load or was uninstalled.
[EXC 18:12:34.269] ArgumentException: 'Minmus' is not a valid CelestialBody.
[EXC 18:12:34.288] ArgumentException: 'Minmus' is not a valid CelestialBody.
	Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
	System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[List`1] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression)
[EXC 18:12:34.289] ArgumentException: 'Minmus' is not a valid CelestialBody.
[EXC 18:12:34.290] ArgumentException: 'Minmus' is not a valid CelestialBody.
	ContractConfigurator.SCANsatCoverage.OnParameterLoad (.ConfigNode node)
[LOG 18:12:34.318] 7/14/2016 6:12:34 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Contracts System Ready
[EXC 18:12:34.489] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex + count > this.length
Parameter name: count
	System.String.Remove (Int32 startIndex, Int32 count)
	Kopernicus.OnDemand.OnDemandStorage.LoadTexture (System.String path, Boolean compress, Boolean upload, Boolean unreadable)
	Kopernicus.OnDemand.MapSODemand.Load ()
	Kopernicus.OnDemand.OnDemandStorage.EnableMapList (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 maps, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 exclude)
	Kopernicus.OnDemand.OnDemandStorage.EnableBody (System.String body)
	Kopernicus.OnDemand.PQSMod_OnDemandHandler.OnQuadPreBuild (.PQ quad)
	PQS.Mod_OnQuadPreBuild (.PQ quad)
	PQS.BuildQuad (.PQ quad)
	PQ.Build ()
	PQ.SetVisible ()
	PQ.UpdateVisibility ()
	PQ.UpdateSubdivision ()
	PQ.UpdateSubdivision ()
	PQ.UpdateSubdivision ()
	PQ.UpdateSubdivision ()
	PQ.UpdateSubdivision ()
	PQ.UpdateSubdivision ()
	PQS.UpdateQuadsInit ()
	PQS.StartSphere (Boolean force)
	PQS.RebuildSphere ()
	PQS.Update ()

Yeah there is way too much going on here. It could be anything.  Probably a lot of incapatibilities.  

Edited by Berlin

17 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Ok I need more info.  Do you have BoulderCo in your gamedata?  What OS are you running?  I'm not seeing this at all and I assume nobody else is experiencing this  as you are the only person so far with this issue so i need to know what you are doing good on your end. 

I have always had this when using EVE + Kopernicus.   I took these two shots on my unmodded game,  It's one of those things where its easy to miss, but is hard to unsee once you have noticed it.  I'm windows 10 64bit, playing the 64 bit version of the game, I have a decent gaming rig with a GTX 970 and 16 GB of ram.  KwbxvmF.jpg

9snbEua.jpg

5DqbNUh.png

55 minutes ago, eberkain said:

I have always had this when using EVE + Kopernicus.   I took these two shots on my unmodded game,  It's one of those things where its easy to miss, but is hard to unsee once you have noticed it.  I'm windows 10 64bit, playing the 64 bit version of the game, I have a decent gaming rig with a GTX 970 and 16 GB of ram.  KwbxvmF.jpg

9snbEua.jpg

5DqbNUh.png

I'm not sure what the issue is.  Everything seems like it's in the right place.  That's strange.  @Nhawks17 ever seen anything like that? 

I'm getting ready to begin uploading the newest update.

THIS UPDATE WILL BE TOTALLY MODULAR

-Stock Visual Enhancement will consist of SVE, EVE, Scatterer.

-The terrain textures have been branched off into its own mod and will be on spacedock.

-No longer will planetshine, or distant objects be included although they are highly recommended.

-A skybox is no longer included.

-Scatterer updated and its sunflares work now so I included a flare from my sun flare mod, Galileo's Sun Flares

The reason I am doing this is to give you the freedom to build your visual enhancements the way you want.

1 minute ago, Wildcat111 said:

For some reason, I reinstalled SVE because the clouds looked pixelated, and when I opened up the game, there were no clouds.

have you tried to install it on an unmodded ksp? are you using any other visual enhancement?

4 minutes ago, Berlin said:

I'm getting ready to begin uploading the newest update.

THIS UPDATE WILL BE TOTALLY MODULAR

-Stock Visual Enhancement will consist of SVE, EVE, Scatterer.

-The terrain textures have been branched off into its own mod and will be on spacedock.

-No longer will planetshine, or distant objects be included although they are highly recommended.

-Scatterer updated and its sunflares work now so I included a flare from my sun flare mod, Galileo's Sun Flares

The reason I am doing this is to give you the freedom to build your visual enhancements the way you want.

YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEW UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 minutes ago, Berlin said:

have you tried to install it on an unmodded ksp? are you using any other visual enhancement?

No.

Edited by Wildcat111

but i like the new textures and skybox!!!  This is my first visual enhancement mod and i like that its all inclusive.  Maybe i'm the only one :(

Great work.  Is there a way i can join a list to keep getting the whole package the way you intend it to look?  I like that i don't have to piece it all together and hope it works.

1 minute ago, Cerberus738 said:

but i like the new textures and skybox!!!  This is my first visual enhancement mod and i like that its all inclusive.  Maybe i'm the only one :(

Great work.  Is there a way i can join a list to keep getting the whole package the way you intend it to look?  I like that i don't have to piece it all together and hope it works.

I will be adding the links to the mods that I had included in the OP

GET YOUR UPDATE!   ALL RECOMMENDED MODS ARE LINKED ON THE OP!!

On 7/7/2016 at 7:50 AM, Berlin said:

THIS UPDATE IS TOTALLY MODULAR

-Stock Visual Enhancement will consist of SVE, EVE, Scatterer. 
-The terrain textures have been branched off into its own mod and will be on SpaceDock. 

The reason I am doing this is to give you the freedom to build your visual enhancements the way you want it

**DO NOT INSTALL EVE SEPERATELY, EVERYTHING IS BUNDLED IN THIS DOWNLOAD**

Download Links:
        xO68iAc.jpg     xO68iAc.jpg     xO68iAc.jpg
                   HIGH RESOLUTION                        MEDIUM RESOLUTION                         LOW RESOLUTION

Need help installing this? Either check the README.txt file in the download or:

Installation Instructions:
1. Download the latest release of SVE (High, Medium, or Low Resolution version) from SpaceDock
2. Extract the contents of the zip file into your Gamedata

Recommended Mods:

Stock Visual Terrain http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/143828-stock-visual-terrain/#comment-2676888
Galileo's Sun Flares http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/138919-113-14-galileos-sun-flares/
PlanetShine http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87012-11-planetshine-v025-stable-v05-experimental-4-april-2015/ 
Distant Objects Enhancement 
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/89214-11x-distant-object-enhancement-bis-v172-23-june-2016/
Texture Replacer http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/96851-11-texturereplacer-2413-442016/

ENJOY!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.