[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

Just now, theJesuit said:

I too enjoyed  the 'all in one' package although it is a SUBSTANTIAL update if it its dependencies also get changed every so often.

All good though.  I like it lots regardless! Thanks Berlin.

Peace.

I know im sorry. This is just easier for me. This way if ONE thing gets updated i dont have to upload 2 gbs of mods at once. and its really hard keeping track of a DL like that.

i hope you enjoy this update!

9 hours ago, Berlin said:

Ok I need more info.  Do you have BoulderCo in your gamedata?  What OS are you running?  I'm not seeing this at all and I assume nobody else is experiencing this  as you are the only person so far with this issue so i need to know what you are doing good on your end. 

Yeah there is way too much going on here. It could be anything.  Probably a lot of incapatibilities.  

hey Berlin,

this is about the "borderline" that can be seen on some installs.

I also experienced this with the old sve in a stock+sve only install. Thought it may be a limitation of the way EVE works and the same reason why kopernicus just display 1/2 cloudlayer in startmenu - so it didnt really bother me.

I also remember some days back when reports on EVE thread came up, that 1/2 of the cloudlayer disappears in certain situations (East/west. never north/south).

Whats making me curious right now is.. u heve never seen this?

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

I've only ever seen this happen when the detailScale wasn't set properly :huh:

I did not change any settings, I would love for someone to put SVE and Kopernicus on a clean install and take some pics to confirm it is just my system.  When starting a new sandbox game I can always see the seam over the northern hemisphere before doing any time warping.  

7 minutes ago, Redleg1 said:

The re-entry particles are part of a separate mod. Just download the mod separately, It's called Re-entry Particle Effect.

problem is that the modder nerved the effects. download 1.0 and you're good to go again :-)

Wow, Jool looks absolutely stunning!!! Although, I did notice that the texture for Jool is what looks to be Jupiter. I love the dark, bluish green haze that this version of Jool has but I didn't want to look at Jool and be reminded of our own solar system, rather something extra-solar... Like this:

mPbLDsCNn16MMrZmaTRxoAicYohaCjcQicdh2TH9 Is there any way to change the texture but maintain the aesthetics of it on our own?

15 minutes ago, Nightside said:

Does anyone have a link for the planet textures and skybox used in the previous version?

I'm not sure what skybox it was, don't see a link in the OP.   

He split the planet textures into a different mod so he wouldn't have to reupload them every time an update was needed.  Stock Visual Terrain

He planned to update to the Real Sky SkyBox I'm using, but then decided to remove them all to save size and prevent overwriting the SkyBoxes of other users.

If you would like to give it a try: http://tekener.com/KSP/SkyBox.7z

In case you're using Distant Objects Enhancement please make sure to increase the sky brigthness, otherwise it will be pretty black.

27 minutes ago, Nightside said:

Does anyone have a link for the planet textures and skybox used in the previous version?

I like the one Tekener just posted more

Edited by Berlin

1 hour ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Wow, Jool looks absolutely stunning!!! Although, I did notice that the texture for Jool is what looks to be Jupiter. I love the dark, bluish green haze that this version of Jool has but I didn't want to look at Jool and be reminded of our own solar system, rather something extra-solar... Like this:

Is there any way to change the texture but maintain the aesthetics of it on our own?

Yes, I know what you mean :) I always think of Jupiter being sick, all green :)

It will be possible to achieve something similar like this, maybe I'll try around to come up with a texture like this. Where do you have this picture from?

Edited by Tekener

1 hour ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

mPbLDsCNn16MMrZmaTRxoAicYohaCjcQicdh2TH9 Is there any way to change the texture but maintain the aesthetics of it on our own?

That would be very easy to do.  

Thanks for this great mod.

I have a problem with doubeling city lights when i zoom in to a certain level. So it looks like there is a second layer over the first. In orbit map i do not have that problem. Is that normal?

18 minutes ago, Steeli said:

Thanks for this great mod.

I have a problem with doubeling city lights when i zoom in to a certain level. So it looks like there is a second layer over the first. In orbit map i do not have that problem. Is that normal?

It might help to read his postings :)

On 7.7.2016 at 2:50 PM, Berlin said:

Known Issues:

• Zooming/flying past a certain altitude might cause a very rough visual transition in some cases.
  • City night and day textures showing up double. Waiting on EVE fix
  • General scatterer visual bugs. Blackrack is working on getting these issues fixed. Be patient
Edited by Tekener

4 minutes ago, MaximilianPs said:

I really like the new version, which works great :)
... but I've some problem with trees and clouds
7S10dy4.jpg

Any advice to fix it ? 

Are you running this with a mac or with dx11? 

I have not seen this issue in my testing (which was fast and unfinished)  but I have not seen this

Edited by Berlin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.