[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

10 minutes ago, Wildcat111 said:

This happened:

hOEDYtB.png

It looks like you are zoomed out into the clouds.  Other than that I don't know what "this"  is :/

Wait did you delete the Kerbin atmosphere layer?  If you just deleted that,  then it shouldn't look like this at all 

Edited by Berlin

3 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Wait did you delete the Kerbin atmosphere layer?  If you just deleted that,  then it shouldn't look like this at all 

What is the Kerbin atmosphere layer?

Edited by Wildcat111

6 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Oh nevermind  lol 

What was happening in that screenshot? 

The clouds were touching the ground.

EDIT: My Apollo 10 mission went off without the clouds.

Edited by Wildcat111

7 hours ago, Berlin said:

I mean I noticed things like that with a stock game with just scatterer on the launch pad.  The little water towery thing with the light on it for example.

I thought this was EVE - during some testing of other stuff in sandbox the effect of alpha mask showing on the water tower light seemed to lessen and worsen as clouds passed by, so I thought it was the EVE ground cloud shadows. Never really looked into much tho since I use the Lvl 0 space center in my career game

17 hours ago, Berlin said:

I was thinking, and I want someone to try this.  Go into the clouds.cfg and delete the Kerbin atmosphere layer.  Then try it and see if it fixes it.  

I've removed all about kerbin from cloud.cfg but the alpha-bug still :\
then I've removed StockVisual... and EnvironmentVisual... folder and the problem gone.

from StockVisual...\EVE\Atmosphere\ i've removed the could.cfg file and the problem still there.

hope it will helps :) 

15 hours ago, Wildcat111 said:

Do you have BoulderCo installed? If so, delete it. Does that help?

I've removed BoulderCo but nothing change :\

29 minutes ago, MetaframeNL said:

So could you please post what mods where incorporated in the old mod? I loved the way it worked and looked. And where can I find the skybox for example? Would really help me and be much appreciated!!

All except skybox is linked in OP

Hey dude, I love this mod. It makes my game absolutely gorgeous! But i have a problem. I am getting terrible FPS on Laythe (around 9 to 10 fps with a small craft of just capsule, inline service module and some science parts). My FPS on kerbin is fine, so I don't think it's an issue with my computer. When I remove the mod I get 45-55 FPS easy. Any ideas? I think it may have something to do with the volumetric clouds (they seem really low to the ground on laythe) but I can't be sure.

Edited by Thobewill10

Does SVE use or benefit from Texture Replacer in any way? Or is it recommended simply because TR is awesome on its own? Obviously I'm using TR for other things but I want to make sure there are no SVE files that need to be placed within any TR directories.

32 minutes ago, Gorby1 said:

Does SVE use or benefit from Texture Replacer in any way? Or is it recommended simply because TR is awesome on its own? Obviously I'm using TR for other things but I want to make sure there are no SVE files that need to be placed within any TR directories.

Nope not needed for anything except skyboxes and suits

On 15.7.2016 at 4:01 PM, HereComesTheBoom said:

Wow, Jool looks absolutely stunning!!! Although, I did notice that the texture for Jool is what looks to be Jupiter. I love the dark, bluish green haze that this version of Jool has but I didn't want to look at Jool and be reminded of our own solar system, rather something extra-solar... Like this:

mPbLDsCNn16MMrZmaTRxoAicYohaCjcQicdh2TH9 Is there any way to change the texture but maintain the aesthetics of it on our own?

Is this anything that comes close to what you would like to see? The colors can still be played with, the different cloud layers are rotating and do not have a "big spot" or anything like that which would remind one (at least me) on Jupiter.
Jool1.jpg

Jool2.jpg

8 hours ago, MetaframeNL said:

And where can I find the skybox for example? Would really help me and be much appreciated!!

http://tekener.com/KSP/SkyBox.7z

Edited by Tekener

1 minute ago, Tekener said:

Is this anything that comes close to what you would like to see? The colors can still be played with, the different cloud layers are rotating and do not have a "big spot" or anything like that which would remind one (at least me) on Jupiter.
Jool1.jpg

Jool2.jpg

Wait until you see what I have made :wink:

11 minutes ago, ctbram said:

I thought I had asked this already but I cannot find my post. 

What happened to the UR version?

All I see are HR, MR, and LR.

HR is UR.  There was no reason to have 4 different dls.  HR=8k MR=4k LR=2k

Edited by Berlin

3 hours ago, Berlin said:

HR is UR.  There was no reason to have 4 different dls.  HR=8k MR=4k LR=2k

ah ty for the info.  I was just curious and I have a machine that can handle the old ur so I did not want do downgrade.  regards.

RM

I just want to say thank you again for splitting the mod up and providing more instructions.  As much as I do like your new terrain texture work, using EVE + Kopernicus just causes too many visual glitches for my taste, and I've seen some new weird stuff since scatterer had its 1.1.3 update.  Removing Kopernicus and all those associated mods and going back to Endraxial's planet textures + SVE seems to be working great with no glitches so far. 

On 7/15/2016 at 10:31 AM, Tekener said:

Yes, I know what you mean :) I always think of Jupiter being sick, all green :)

It will be possible to achieve something similar like this, maybe I'll try around to come up with a texture like this. Where do you have this picture from?

That picture was taken by someone that was using Astronomer's Visual Pack Interstellar. I found it and figured it would be useful for an example. I always LOVED Astronomer's packs, I usually took a little bit from each release and compiled them together for the best experience I could get out of it. Duna from the Oblivion release was always my favorite.

siegEfW.png

Edited by HereComesTheBoom

21 hours ago, Tekener said:

Jool1.jpg

Jool2.jpg

http://tekener.com/KSP/SkyBox.7z

This looks a lot better, I'm impressed. I'm still yearning for something that comes close to Astronomer's Interstellar release. A mixture of the cloud layers from Interstellar, and the dark blue-ish green hue from SVE would be absolutely stunning

21 hours ago, Berlin said:

Wait until you see what I have made :wink:

My mind has a maximum comprehension limit, but I look forward to and hope you break it. 

Edited by HereComesTheBoom

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.