[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

Hey there! Just wanted to say this made me fall in love with the game again, and I cant stress how much I appreciate all the work that's been poured into this! 

The dust storm on Duna was probably one of the coolest things I've seen yet! Can't wait to see what else you can do! 

Too little plane love on the screenshots of this mod.

aeOB2PT.png

However I also have that transparency glitch on the landing gears/lights...

DbH1qFZ.jpg

If I use only scatterer, they are gone. If I use only SVE/EVE, they are still there. I can do more testing if it helps. Running 64bits, unmodified .exe.

I'd love to see 3 eyes on Jool. I can't recall how many storms there are in the endraxial jool texture but there should be plenty of areas a storm could work well.

EDIT: Endraxial Jool only has one eye - close to the equator. Same as stock.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

48 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I'd love to see 3 eyes on Jool. I can't recall how many storms there are in the endraxial jool texture but there should be plenty of areas a storm could work well.

EDIT: Endraxial Jool only has one eye - close to the equator. Same as stock.

Well these will be comprised of multiple cloud layers and I can do multiple eyes.  I know everyone seems to want to go away from Jupiters design and not have storms but the way I see it it is,  even if it has a storm or seven, doesnt mean it will look like Jupiter :) astronomers  is nice but it doesn't scream gas giant to me.  I dunno.  This is why I set up a poll

I'm a fan of #1. Looks most like Endraxial Jool which I love the most :) - Part of the reason I decided to keep that pack alive. The brown clouds look quite nice too though. Second pick is #3, but I'm still much more a fan of #1. Where on earth did you find so many new Jool textures anyways? :confused:

Edited by Avera9eJoe

11 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Or 9

Or None :P

These "stroms" are vortexes inside the mass of cloud belts rotating around these gas giants. They are just holes in the cloud layer and happens like whirlpools in floating water. Jupiter has a well known one, Neptune a harder to see one and Uranus or Saturn have none. So if you need a storm, put one (1) in, but the "normal" state of gas giants is to not have a big stable vortex. Even Jupiter's eye is already fading. 

So for me it's still 1 or 3 or best a mixture of those :)

Edited by Tekener

17 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I'm a fan of #1. Looks most like Endraxial Jool which I love the most :) - Part of the reason I decided to keep that pack alive. The brown clouds look quite nice too though. Second pick is #3, but I'm still much more a fan of #1. Where on earth did you find so many new Jool textures anyways? :confused:

In the back of my mind.  And put into photoshop :)

23 minutes ago, Tekener said:

Or None :P

These "stroms" are vortexes inside the mass of cloud belts rotating around these gas giants. They are just holes in the cloud layer and happens like whirlpools in floating water. Jupiter has a well known one, Neptune a harder to see one and Uranus or Saturn have none. So if you need a storm, put one (1) in, but the "normal" state of gas giants is to not have a big stable vortex. Even Jupiter's eye is already fading. 

So for me it's still 1 or 3 or best a mixture of those :)

I agree but I am also looking at Jool as,  well, Jool. Not Jupiter. For all we know,  Jool may have a newly formed "storm".  Really,  there is no wrong answer.  I mean if I wanted to,  I could make Jool have an atmosphere made of jelly beans and gummy bears with a vortex of twizzlers and still be correct. :D

49 minutes ago, Berlin said:

YES? NO?

No :D

Brightness is ok, should not be so dark like "jool 6". I like the "toxic"-character it has in its stock green - so u could try to keep the "flavor" but add some accents to it - just some, dont recreate it.

10 minutes ago, Anase Skyrider said:

I vote for Jool 1. But I did make a quick list of most to least favorite versions.

Jool 1
Jool 2
Jool 4
Jool 5
Jool 6
Jool 3

Ours is about the same but I would put 6 at the bottom 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.