[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

1 hour ago, ImaSpaceJunk said:

Chiming in to say that Ubuntu 16.04 + SVE 1.0.4 + padoka's ppa + launching with MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.2COMPAT DRI_PRIME=1 ./KSP.x86_64 -force-glcore42 has fixed for me a long standing "blue band" issue when leaving the atmosphere.

I don't understand any of that except that it's a fix of some sort but I assume other Linux users will!  Thanks

OK so i think I have finished enough for an update,  however,  I think I'm gonna play with jool a little bit more.  Is there anything you guys want added?  (Let's try to stay within the realm of possibility)  

Lightning will be pushed to a future update.  It doesn't look terrible but looks off when you have very visible lightning on the day side but not on the night.  So i'm pushing it. 

18 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Gotchya. I'm working with your code to integrate some things of my own, do you think the basic line, "_Offset = 0, 0.03063397, 0" might work? 

What are you trying to do exactly? 

2 hours ago, Berlin said:

OK so i think I have finished enough for an update,  however,  I think I'm gonna play with jool a little bit more.  

Is there anything you guys want added to the mod?   (Let's try to stay within the realm of possibility)  

Lightning will be pushed to a future update.  It doesn't look terrible but looks off when you have very visible lightning on the day side but not on the night.  So i'm pushing it. 

9 minutes ago, Berlin said:

What are you trying to do exactly? 

TBH I'm not even sure. You see, I really want to experience Astronomer's Visual Pack in 1.1.3 and to do that I've going to have to face the reality of coding it myself, or at least editing some code. In Astronomer's code, he has lines on each Cloud Layer config called offset using only the x and y planes. So if I'm going to replace some textures with his I figure I have to try and copy it as best I can over to your code. The offset lines he uses is: 

offset
                {
                    x = 0.002109109
                    y = 0
                }

it seems your code's x,y,z planes are in a configuration with x being in the middle (I may be wrong about this), so I tried making my own offset line and just coppying the number, but I put it into the format which your code seems to be in, which is a z,x,y configuration, or a y,x,z configuration. I only assume this based off of your Jool codes where the plane on which the clouds are supposed to be moving are in a config with x in the middle, for example:

speed = 0,-1200,0
              y      x    z

z      x    y  

Edited by HereComesTheBoom

4 minutes ago, Berlin said:

There is an offset setting in eve if you open gui in game.  Alt+0 guess work is never good when messing with the cfgs 

Oh I wasn't aware of the offset in the gui, alt+f12? and you're able to edit the offset of all textures? I figured it wouldn't be good in the first place, but messing around with it is how I learn how to use it

4 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Oh I wasn't aware of the offset in the gui, alt+f12? and you're able to edit the offset of all textures? I figured it wouldn't be good in the first place, but messing around with it is how I learn how to use it

Alt+0 not f12 and yes you can offset all cloud textures 

After I asked you about the offset etc. I had already finished messing with the .cfg file for the textures. Duna looks like a bright yellow venus for some reason, I'm sure I'll fix it, but here's what I got from Jool

OPdrUiceyhaTCybgnDSdvP5zR0-g8qYCazDiSNpT

11 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

After I asked you about the offset etc. I had already finished messing with the .cfg file for the textures. Duna looks like a bright yellow venus for some reason, I'm sure I'll fix it, but here's what I got from Jool

OPdrUiceyhaTCybgnDSdvP5zR0-g8qYCazDiSNpT

you will have to adjust the colors in the eve gui and also in scatterer

19 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

How do you adjust the colors in Scatterer? I'll have to change the texture colors in the .cfg file, it's a root rgb issue

download the config tool on the scatterer thread

Hey, just a small thing, but I'm playing with the KScale2 mod [Upscales the whole system by a multiplier of two] and it seems to mess with the clouds and various other EVE aspects. For instance, Kerbin clouds at 6000 meters are raised up to around 10000-12000.

I don't expect much of an answer considering it's a totally different mod from this, but I just wanted to know for sure if you think maybe, Sigma Dimensions causes it? I'm still messing around with things.

Still, other than some annoyingly high moon dust or funky Eve clouds [Both of which I have the rescale thing to blame], this is an outstanding mod! Really great work, I hate to be a graphics _____ but I don't see myself playing KSP without this mod, it just makes the whole game that much more beautiful.

17 minutes ago, Dusty9261 said:

Hey, just a small thing, but I'm playing with the KScale2 mod [Upscales the whole system by a multiplier of two] and it seems to mess with the clouds and various other EVE aspects. For instance, Kerbin clouds at 6000 meters are raised up to around 10000-12000.

I don't expect much of an answer considering it's a totally different mod from this, but I just wanted to know for sure if you think maybe, Sigma Dimensions causes it? I'm still messing around with things.

Still, other than some annoyingly high moon dust or funky Eve clouds [Both of which I have the rescale thing to blame], this is an outstanding mod! Really great work, I hate to be a graphics _____ but I don't see myself playing KSP without this mod, it just makes the whole game that much more beautiful.

yes sigma causes it. you can however, go into the cloud cfg and cut all cloud height in half (ex: 6000m to 3000m etc.) and that should fix your issue

3 hours ago, GrimwaldGaming said:

I love the skybox!

That particular skybox is from rve. Also,   If you go to the texture replacer thread  you can find many other skyboxes you may like

Edited by Berlin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.