[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

29 minutes ago, Capt. James T. Kirman said:

Be sure to share with us the problematic mod :)

I have way too many mods, this would take me hours XD

I am willing to bet his issue isn't going to be the same as yours. But if you want to depend on him to fix your issue that's fine.  Just don't be mad when the cause of his issue is different than yours. Here is a way to troubleshoot that won't take you hours. 

It's should take you you no more than 15 min.  Even if you had 200 mods installed.

Let's say you have 20 mods installed for this example:

Step 1:   Remove half of the mods.  So, 10 mods.  run the game. 

Does the problem still happen?

IF YES,  the issue is likely within this group of 10 mods.  So,  repeat step 1 above to narrow it down. 

IF NO,   then the problem likely is within other group of 10 mods you removed initially. So, Repeat the first step to narrow it down to the mod causing issues. 

Just to be clear,  you do not have to delete the mods when you remove them.  Simply move them to another folder on your desktop that way you don't have reinstall the mods one by one. You can just drop them back into you gamedata folder. 

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

IF YES,  the issue is likely within this group of 10 mods.  So,  repeat step 1 above to narrow it down. 

IF NO,   then the problem likely is within other group of 10 mods you removed initially. So, Repeat the first step to narrow it down to the mod causing issues. 

Just to be clear,  you do not have to delete the mods when you remove them.  Simply move them to another folder on your desktop that way you don't have reinstall the mods one by one. You can just drop them back into you gamedata folder.

This sounds suspiciously like US Navy Troubleshooting methodology... which I have way to much experience using, unfortunately. It does, however, work quite well, and is the way I do it with mods as well. Actually, I'd imagine it would work well for almost ANY kind of troubleshooting.

32 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

This sounds suspiciously like US Navy Troubleshooting methodology... which I have way to much experience using, unfortunately. It does, however, work quite well, and is the way I do it with mods as well. Actually, I'd imagine it would work well for almost ANY kind of troubleshooting.

I was Army infantry and this is how they teach it.  Had to make it REAL simple for us grunts lol

I'm not sure how the Navy writes their training manuals but I think it's the same as the Army.  Everything had to be written at a 6th grade level.  

Edited by Galileo

10 hours ago, Galileo said:

You are not supposed to leave the files in SVE HR 1.0.7. Go further into the folder and put StockVisualEnhancements, EVE and Scatterer into your gamedata folder. 

Well I moved the folders under GameData, and I still do not notice any change. I am using 64bit as well. I see other people with screenshots showing clouds, or city lights and a better looking Kerbin, but I still do not see any in my game. I know some of the mods bundled are working though, as I see the glow effect and the sun glare(which is great!). But not all the details I am seeing in others screenshots here? Note I have also gotten into orbit to check, and the planet looks the same as stock Kerbal really.

*edit* I did just notice something wierd. Under the StockVisualEnhancements folder I only see one subfolder for Eve. Should the other planets have a folder as well?

*double edit* So I fixed the problem lol! I feel stupid, but I just had the folders in the wrong place minus scatterer for some reason. Anyways I just deleted them all and redownloaded and now I see the new graphics. Thanks for the great mod! Is there someway to see all of the different glare effects in game? I don't see screenshots of them anywhere for the Galileo sun flares, and I am not sure which to pick.

Edited by MaGicBush

39 minutes ago, MaGicBush said:

Well I moved the folders under GameData, and I still do not notice any change. I am using 64bit as well. I see other people with screenshots showing clouds, or city lights and a better looking Kerbin, but I still do not see any in my game. I know some of the mods bundled are working though, as I see the glow effect and the sun glare(which is great!). But not all the details I am seeing in others screenshots here? Note I have also gotten into orbit to check, and the planet looks the same as stock Kerbal really.

*edit* I did just notice something wierd. Under the StockVisualEnhancements folder I only see one subfolder for Eve. Should the other planets have a folder as well?

*double edit* So I fixed the problem lol! I feel stupid, but I just had the folders in the wrong place minus scatterer for some reason. Anyways I just deleted them all and redownloaded and now I see the new graphics. Thanks for the great mod! Is there someway to see all of the different glare effects in game? I don't see screenshots of them anywhere for the Galileo sun flares, and I am not sure which to pick.

this has 2 albums in the op :wink: 

25 minutes ago, Galileo said:

this has 2 albums in the op :wink: 

Oops my bad I missed it thanks! I just got this along with all the recommended mods besides planetshine(says it's outdated) to work, and the game looks so much better! Thanks for all of the hard work :). Maybe this time around I will make it past the Mun.. I did take a small FPS hit it tends to drop low when coming back in from orbit as textures pop-in(goes from 60 to 15-30fps), but it's manageable.

Edited by MaGicBush

I'm not getting the awesome atmosphere shader for some reason, even on a completely fresh vanilla install. So given the simplicity of the install, it must be system-related? I get the clouds and everything else fine, just not the shader. Here's how my kerbin looks.

System: Win 7 x64, i5-3570k, GTX 970 (latest drivers), 16 GB RAM

Any ideas what could be preventing the shader from working?

Edited by Sooner266

54 minutes ago, Sooner266 said:

I'm not getting the awesome atmosphere shader for some reason, even on a completely fresh vanilla install. So given the simplicity of the install, it must be system-related? I get the clouds and everything else fine, just not the shader. Here's how my kerbin looks.

System: Win 7 x64, i5-3570k, GTX 970 (latest drivers), 16 GB RAM

Any ideas what could be preventing the shader from working?

You need to go into the game to see the scatterer shaders, they aren't shown in the Tracking Station or on the Main Menu.

32 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

You need to go into the game to see the scatterer shaders, they aren't shown in the Tracking Station or on the Main Menu.

I'm not referring to the scatterer effects, those are working fine. I'm talking about the atmospheric tint (from EVE I believe) that can be seen from space on kerbin. Take a look at the showcase shots and compare them with my image, there is a distinct difference. In game it is also not visible.

Edited by Sooner266

15 minutes ago, Sooner266 said:

I'm not referring to the scatterer effects, those are working fine. I'm talking about the atmospheric tint (from EVE I believe) that can be seen from space on kerbin. Take a look at the showcase shots and compare them with my image, there is a distinct difference. In game it is also not visible.

He removed that in the last version (or maybe it was this version)

3 hours ago, MaGicBush said:

Oops my bad I missed it thanks! I just got this along with all the recommended mods besides planetshine(says it's outdated) to work, and the game looks so much better! Thanks for all of the hard work :). Maybe this time around I will make it past the Mun.. I did take a small FPS hit it tends to drop low when coming back in from orbit as textures pop-in(goes from 60 to 15-30fps), but it's manageable.

Planetshine works just fine.  Just because it says it's outdated doesn't mean that it won't work and it doesn't cause any issues. 

Edited by Galileo

22 hours ago, Galileo said:

I am willing to bet his issue isn't going to be the same as yours. But if you want to depend on him to fix your issue that's fine.  Just don't be mad when the cause of his issue is different than yours. Here is a way to troubleshoot that won't take you hours. 

It's should take you you no more than 15 min.  Even if you had 200 mods installed.

Wow, that's actually a really good idea! Thanks! :D

22 hours ago, Galileo said:

.. Everything had to be written at a 6th grade level.  

Apparently, we aren't as smart as you think we are. Try 1st or 2nd Grade.

1. See Jane Take Off the Cover.

2. See Jane Get Electrocuted Because She Forgot To Tag Out The Equipment!

Forgive the double post... I honestly am surprised there've been no posts since Tuesday.

You recently mentioned that another update was forthcoming - could you specify what will be in it and roughly when you expect it to hit? More for curiosity's sake (NOT THE PROBE SILLY!) than for any real reason.

1 hour ago, Shadriss said:

Forgive the double post... I honestly am surprised there've been no posts since Tuesday.

You recently mentioned that another update was forthcoming - could you specify what will be in it and roughly when you expect it to hit? More for curiosity's sake (NOT THE PROBE SILLY!) than for any real reason.

No posts mean people are happy with what they have :)

Yeah this update will include the new clouds I have been showing recently (the transition from high orbit to low orbit looks better now). I have also tweaked some scatterer cfgs to look a little better. I'm also going to include distant object enhancements again I think. .  I'm also considering bringing back the atmosphere cloud layers that I took out last version but only if I can get it to look right. I'm still working on lightning but it's not going to be In this update. 

I have an update ready i suppose but I just want to make sure it's good to go. 

I'm also finishing the touches on SVT update and I want to upload the mods at the same time because I'm wierd.  

Edited by Galileo

UPDATE

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 8:50 AM, Galileo said:

- scatterer tweaks
- better cloud detail

**DO NOT INSTALL EVE SEPERATELY, EVERYTHING IS BUNDLED IN THIS DOWNLOAD**

Download Links:

DOWNLOAD HERE

Or on SpaceDock 

xO68iAc.jpg                         xO68iAc.jpg                       xO68iAc.jpg
                HIGH RESOLUTION                MEDIUM RESOLUTION             LOW RESOLUTION

Edited by Galileo

11 hours ago, Shadriss said:

*blinks eyes*

Screenshots? Me? Don't recall that I've ever posted any here, but once I manage to get in orbit again, I'll see what I come up with. :)

Also: Does this mean SVT updated as well?

No svt isn't updated yet.  I'm working on it now 

Edited by Galileo

On 11/08/2016 at 11:18 AM, Galileo said:

I need some new screenshots for the OP 

@Jack Wolfe

@Shadriss

@sDaZe

Any other screenshot snipers who want to contribute,  feel free.  

Just the excuse I was looking for to lob some spacecraft into a very low orbit!

kvkAUfq.png

3rRHJYx.png

I'll have much better shots for you later on.

1 hour ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Just the excuse I was looking for to lob some spacecraft into a very low orbit!

kvkAUfq.png

3rRHJYx.png

I'll have much better shots for you later on.

Like the new cloud detail?  I haven't received much feed back from anyone :( but it's been downloaded over a thousand times since I posted it yesterday so no gripes is good for me I guess

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.