[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

9 hours ago, Poodmund said:

I was wondering about this the other day, @Galileo, what do the 'Atmo' layers do exactly... like what visual effect do they have/difference between being on or off? My apologies as I can't test in-game to check right now.

I will take some screen shots when i get the chance and show you

9 hours ago, Poodmund said:

I was wondering about this the other day, @Galileo, what do the 'Atmo' layers do exactly... like what visual effect do they have/difference between being on or off? My apologies as I can't test in-game to check right now.

Its only a slight difference but it looks nicer in my opinion 

without Atmo layer
mbFZPG3.png

With Atmo Layer you can see the difference in the color of the land. Also it makes for better sun sets I feel
4TQHLs6.png

So i decided against the OPM visual stuff. mainly because i don't like stepping on the toes of giants around here like @Poodmund.

But, I did decide to make my own version of an extended solar system though!

Here is a look at the first planet, Gauss. Ill create a development thread tomorrow.

PVXkxyA.pngJyH3zTH.pngVhgfYxG.pngMHxN6bq.png

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

So i decided against the OPM visual stuff. mainly because i don't like stepping on the toes of giants around here like @Poodmund.

Here is a look at the first planet, Gauss. Ill create a development thread tomorrow.

PVXkxyA.png

so you are making your own "OPM"? I think it would be kinda cool to have some kind of "planet nine"...

13 hours ago, Galileo said:

Its only a slight difference but it looks nicer in my opinion 

without Atmo layer

*snip*

With Atmo Layer you can see the difference in the color of the land. Also it makes for better sun sets I feel

Ah right, looking at the texture file I see whats going on here. :D Thanks.

9 hours ago, Galileo said:

*snip*

You grossly overestimate my artistic ability. :P Anyway, I like collaboration as well as competition but it seems what you're working on is SUPER cool. Keep at it man! 

On a side note, at some point I want to discuss with you how SVE is handled on CKAN with its dependent mods and/or, more importantly, specific files within those such as Scatterer's PlanetsList.cfg files etc. to promote compatibility between visual mods (packs).

Maybe once 1.2 drops.

I would prefer @Galileo and @Poodmund collaborate on this to prevent having two different Outer Planet Mods. I wouldn't want to decide which outer planet mod to take, because Galileo's temp planet looks super cool, but still I would like to keep the other OPM ones as well. And I'm sure the community wouldn't want to split up as well.

10 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

to promote compatibility between visual mods (packs)

Please! I know some have been able to get both working. Some of us however are not so, shall we say savvy with cfg files.

9 hours ago, Galileo said:

Here is a look at the first planet, Gauss.

My integrated graphics are melting... and I don't mind. Gorgeous!

11 hours ago, Galileo said:

PVXkxyA.pngJyH3zTH.pngVhgfYxG.pngMHxN6bq.png

Yes............ YES......... GIVE ME MORE

58 minutes ago, Galileo said:

i haven't really decided just yet. right now they are outside of the system 

Keep them there. Why put them inside? IMHO expand the solar system, like adding Saturn, just like OPM does. The inner system is already crowded enough, just lacking an asteroid belt maybe.

Just now, SDM_119 said:

Is it possible to remove all the Duna textures without the other textures going missing when I run KSP? (The clouds go missing for all the planets)

Yeah you just have to delete the Duna cloud nodes in the clouds cfg. 

On 8/31/2016 at 4:09 AM, Spin said:

Is it possible to remove only clouds Duna?
EVA at any resolution on Duna do not exceed 20 fps.
i7 4770k and 770gtx 2 gb

Just remove the Duna cloud nodes in the clouds cfg

I'm getting some very odd visual effects when orbiting Eve, and when descending through cloud/landing on Eve. Mods wise I'm running SVE (Including all of EVE and Scatterer), Distant Object Enhancement, Planetshine.

Any ideas?

[imgur]QJ3Kr[/imgur]

I've not shown an IMGUR album before, but the above link seems to work for me. Sorry it's not easier to access!

Edited by dave38x

Valentina showing off her skills (and Stock Visual Enhancements) in glorious 1080p Ultrawide:

For those interested in performance there is a frame counter in the top left and I'll post my specs and mod list in the YouTube comments.  It's running under my old overclock here which has since been improved, so I'm getting 5-10 fps more. This is High Res SVE.

Thanks Galileo, don't stop till it's photorealistic :)

Edited by Senior Slaphead
Link fixed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.