[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

24 minutes ago, ErevanGaming said:

Hi everybody,

Would like to ask which type of SVE (high, medium or low) is suited for someone that has 90+ other mods installed? =">

Regards and thanks in advance =)

That really depends on your CPU and GPU.  I run over 90 mods and use high res but I have a pretty good rig

On 8/29/2016 at 8:09 PM, Galileo said:

Are you talking about the atmo layer? I'll assume so.  You can delete it in the cfg, or you can Alt 0 in game and toggle over to cloud manager and scroll down until you see kerbal atmo low kerbal atmo mid and kerbal atmo high and disable the layer 2d button. 

I think there might be an issue with how I have the plugin installed, as I just noticed that Mun and Minmus have city lights and the auroras are a dark green (not using the texture files that are in the configs). I'm going to remove it and try to reinstall in. Just for my own stupidity, there should be 4 folders going in to gamedata, correct? EnivronmentalVisualEnhancements, scatterer, StockVisualEnhancements, and Distant Object?

1 hour ago, fwdixon said:

I think there might be an issue with how I have the plugin installed, as I just noticed that Mun and Minmus have city lights and the auroras are a dark green (not using the texture files that are in the configs). I'm going to remove it and try to reinstall in. Just for my own stupidity, there should be 4 folders going in to gamedata, correct? EnivronmentalVisualEnhancements, scatterer, StockVisualEnhancements, and Distant Object?

That is a known issue with EVE

KSP 1.1.3, SVE 1.0.8 (manually installed), Win10, 32GB RAM

I'm try to sort out yet another corrupt save.  In the output_log I get the following errors (amongst others):

AtmosphereManager: Cleaning Atmosphere!

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

[MessageSystem] Reposition 0.02 27629

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

Trying to reload asset from disk that is not stored on disk

(Filename:  Line: 1010)

HandleD3DDeviceLost
  HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost
Skipped frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

(Filename:  Line: 1422)

HandleD3DDeviceLost

HandleD3DDeviceLost

I'm unsure if they're related and the devicelost lines repeat hundreds of times.  Is this an SVE or Kopernicus issue?  Or perhaps neither?

Edited by Brigadier

Just now, Brigadier said:

I'm try to sort out yet another corrupt save.  In the output_log I get the following errors (amongst others):

I'm unsure if they're related and the devicelost lines repeat hundreds of times.  Is this an SVE or Kopernicus issue?  Or perhaps neither?

i have no idea man. im not the best at sorting through errors to be honest

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

i have no idea man. im not the best at sorting through errors to be honest

No big deal.  I'm hoping that someone with more smarts than I have can help resolve this with me.

<whine>

I've never been able to play enough to get out of the Kerbal SOI because either the game gets a save-breaking update (some times) or my save gets corrupted (often).  I see the occasional errors in the log file and have no idea if they're symptomatic of some bigger problem that I have.  It's not my machine (i7, lots of memory, good gfx card with lots of memory) so it must be my installation.

With 1.2 due soonTM it'll be another save-breaking update that will force me to restart a career.

</whine>

BTW, great work on your mods.

6 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

No big deal.  I'm hoping that someone with more smarts than I have can help resolve this with me.

<whine>

I've never been able to play enough to get out of the Kerbal SOI because either the game gets a save-breaking update (some times) or my save gets corrupted (often).  I see the occasional errors in the log file and have no idea if they're symptomatic of some bigger problem that I have.  It's not my machine (i7, lots of memory, good gfx card with lots of memory) so it must be my installation.

With 1.2 due soonTM it'll be another save-breaking update that will force me to restart a career.

</whine>

BTW, great work on your mods.

Well I hope you get it sorted :/

Thanks man! 

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, Brigadier said:

This may sound a little strange put try forcing borderless window with the -popupwindow command in a shortcut to KSP and see if the crash still occurs.

8 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

This may sound a little strange put try forcing borderless window with the -popupwindow command in a shortcut to KSP and see if the crash still occurs.

It certainly does :cool: and I already have it on the command line (along with -single-instance), regardless of the method I use to start the game (from Steam, from the desktop or from CKAN).

Edited by Brigadier

17 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

It certainly does :cool: and I already have it on the command line (along with -single-instance), regardless of the method I use to start the game (from Steam, from the desktop or from CKAN).

Interesting because this

HandleD3DDeviceLost

line is an error with Unity that shows up with you Alt+Tab away from the game and from what I've seen from looking it up it has caused issues with saves.

Just now, Nhawks17 said:

Interesting because this

line is an error with Unity that shows up with you Alt+Tab away from the game and from what I've seen from looking it up it has caused issues with saves.

That's really good to know.  However, I now never have anything else running in the foreground when starting KSP (I have 32GB of memory and still KSP and Firefox don't behave well together. I can get out of memory errors if they're both running).  I do occasionally have open other things after so I'll have to stop this as well.

I have two monitors, and I'm thinking that clicking on an open application on the other monitor is the same as Alt-Tab.

1 minute ago, Brigadier said:

That's really good to know.  However, I now never have anything else running in the foreground when starting KSP (I have 32GB of memory and still KSP and Firefox don't behave well together. I can get out of memory errors if they're both running).  I do occasionally have open other things after so I'll have to stop this as well.

I have two monitors, and I'm thinking that clicking on an open application on the other monitor is the same as Alt-Tab.

Yes, clicking on another app on another screen is the same idea :( It's a bug with Unity unfortunately and I couldn't find any certain fix for it let alone how to fix a corrupted save file :/ 1.2 does seem like it's right around the corner so I guess now might be as good of a time as any for it to do so :(  

8 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

1.2 does seem like it's right around the corner so I guess now might be as good of a time as any for it to do so :(  

Thanks for your suggestions and I'll keep plugging away.  Time to return our regularly schedule programming (i.e. we're way off topic).

Here's another question:

Shader 'AtmosphereFromGround': fallback shader 'None' not found
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Terrain/PQS/Ocean Surface Quad' - Pass 'PREPASS' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Terrain/PQS/Ocean Surface Quad' - Pass 'DEFERRED' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Terrain/PQS/Ocean Surface Quad' - Pass 'META' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Glow Downsample' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/SSAO' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/SSAO' - Setting to default shader.

Do these come from stock, SVE or Kopernicus?  I realize these aren't errors but why might I be getting these warnings?

its a FPS killer.... no matter what version i install.

o.k. i have 80 other mods installed. all working fine at at FPS 35-40.

after i install this mod it will drop to 10-15 PFS. So it is not usable.

My Mac:

IMac 5K, late 2015

4 Core i7

32GB RAM

AMD Radeon R9 M390 2048 MB

if it doesn't work properly only my PC/Mac its only a "thing" for extreme freaks...

regards.

3 minutes ago, Marbch said:

its a FPS killer.... no matter what version i install.

o.k. i have 80 other mods installed. all working fine at at FPS 35-40.

after i install this mod it will drop to 10-15 PFS. So it is not usable.

My Mac:

IMac 5K, late 2015

4 Core i7

32GB RAM

AMD Radeon R9 M390 2048 MB

if it doesn't work properly only my PC/Mac its only a "thing" for extreme freaks...

regards.

Ok.  

Edited by Galileo

I apologize if this has been addressed before. I looked through much of this thread but didn't see anything that seemed relevant.

For any world with atmosphere, I'm seeing the following visual glitch when within some distance from the surface:

weird-atmosphere.jpg

Again, this happens with Kerbin, Eve, Laythe, Jool, and Duna. Anything with atmosphere.

I'm on a Mac (last year's 15" MacBook Pro), using these CKAN-installed mods:

Spoiler

- AmpYearPowerManager 1:V1.3.6.0
- B9PartSwitch v1.4.3
- BackgroundProcessing 0.4.4.0
- CommunityNavballDockingIndicator 1.0.1a
- CommunityResourcePack 0.5.4.0
- CommunityTechTree 1:2.4
- ContractConfigurator 1.19.0
- ContractConfigurator-AnomalySurveyor 1.7.0
- ContractConfigurator-CleverSats 1.3
- ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch 1.2.0
- ContractConfigurator-KerbalAcademy 1.1.4
- ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 1:3.4
- ContractParser 4.0
- ContractsWindowPlus 6.4
- DeepFreeze V0.22.3.0
- DistantObject v1.7.2
- DistantObject-default v1.7.2
- DMagicOrbitalScience 1.3.2
- ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpads 5.4.0
- FirespitterCore v7.3.0
- HyperEdit 1.5.2.1
- InfernalRobotics v2.0.5
- InfernalRobotics-LegacyParts v2.0.0
- KAS 0.5.9.0
- KerbalAlarmClock v3.7.1.0
- KIS 1.2.12.0
- Kopernicus 2:release-1.1.3-1
- MechJeb2 2.5.8.0
- ModularFlightIntegrator 1.1.6.0
- ModuleManager 2.6.25
- NearFutureConstruction 0.6.4
- NearFutureElectrical 0.7.8
- NearFutureElectrical-Core 0.7.8
- NearFutureProps 0.5.1
- NearFuturePropulsion 0.7.4
- NearFutureSolar 0.6.2
- NearFutureSolar-Core 0.6.2
- NearFutureSpacecraft 0.5.1
- PlanetShine 1:0.2.5
- PlanetShine-Config-Default 1:0.2.5
- ProceduralParts v1.2.5
- ProgressParser 5.0
- RasterPropMonitor 1:v0.27.1
- RasterPropMonitor-Core 1:v0.27.1
- RemoteTech v1.7.1
- REPOSoftTech-Agencies V1.3.6.0
- SaveUpgradePipeline autodetected dll
- Scatterer-sunflare 2:v0.0247
- ShipManifest 5.1.2.2
- SVE-HighResolution 1:1.0.82
- Toolbar 1.7.12
- TriggerAu-Flags v2.8.1.0
- TweakScale v2.2.13
- UKS 1:0.40.4.0
- USI-ART 1:0.8.4.0
- USI-Core 0.2.4.0
- USI-EXP 0.5.4.0
- USI-LS 0.4.4.0
- USITools 0.7.4.0
- USI-UKS-Shared 0.2.4.0
- WaypointManager 2.5.3

I will try paring away mods to see what fixes it, if necessary, but I wanted to see if anyone else has seen this, and if there might be an obvious fix for it. Thank you! I love what I've seen so far with SVE, but that atmosphere glitch is a real kill-joy. :/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.