[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

20 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

Neither the menu nor the Tracking Station views are affected by this mod - only the IN FLIGHT graphics are altered.

Spoiler

hCNaRmJ.png

FcnAE9q.png

The bug should only affect these menus (even though they still work 80% of the time), If your in-flight game looks more like the image below then it's working as much as it does for anyone else. ->

Spoiler

AHRaiVw.png

@Galileo, have you considered adding this to the known issues section in the OP? It seems to come up quite a lot, even though it isn't a bug with SVE...

Edited by Wraith977

6 minutes ago, Wraith977 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

hCNaRmJ.png

FcnAE9q.png

The bug should only affect these menus (even though they still work 80% of the time), If your in-flight game looks more like the image below then it's working as much as it does for anyone else. ->

Reveal hidden contents

AHRaiVw.png

@Galileo, have you considered adding this to the known issues section in the OP? It seems to come up quite a lot, even though it isn't a bug with SVE...

I guess I will have to..  

Edited by Galileo

Scatterer is definitely in and working. Can you post a screen of your Gamedata Folder and, perhaps, provide a step by step of how you installed?

@Galileo - Not sure that doing the OP post would really change anything. I'm pretty sure MOST (though certainly not all) folks aren't reading that post based on the questions that are being asked.

Edited by Shadriss

19 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Scatterer is definitely in and working. Can you post a screen of your Gamedata Folder and, perhaps, provide a step by step of how you installed?

@Galileo - Not sure that doing the OP post would really change anything. I'm pretty sure MOST (though certainly not all) folks aren't reading that post based on the questions that are being asked.

Yeah, when I join the game Scatter thing on the top left working but as you see in the game screenshots there are no any clouds or something like those,

I just take the folder in the rar and putted in the gamedata folder ... C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SVE HR 1.0.81

just for information I installed this mod and it works, at least clouds ; 

Sorry if this is a newb question but I am having a bit of trouble here. I downloaded and installed KSP last week for OSX from the kerbal store (non steam) I have become incredibly addicted but the game really leaves something to be desired visually. I am trying to get this mod up and running. Unpacked the contents and copied them directly to the game data folder on a clean install of kerbal. Game loads and opens ok. Gives me the menu with graphics options, though when I load a save game it gets screwy. Won't let me leave the R&D lab for example once I enter. I can view ships to launch but when I click launch they dont load. Also will not let me enter the shapceship assembly complex to build a new ship. Any ideas here? Any help would be much appreciate as this mod looks absolutely a wonderful enhancement to KSP. Thanks in advance!

Screen_Shot_2016_09_26_at_1_58_57_PM.png

32 minutes ago, dogma said:

Sorry if this is a newb question but I am having a bit of trouble here. I downloaded and installed KSP last week for OSX from the kerbal store (non steam) I have become incredibly addicted but the game really leaves something to be desired visually. I am trying to get this mod up and running. Unpacked the contents and copied them directly to the game data folder on a clean install of kerbal. Game loads and opens ok. Gives me the menu with graphics options, though when I load a save game it gets screwy. Won't let me leave the R&D lab for example once I enter. I can view ships to launch but when I click launch they dont load. Also will not let me enter the shapceship assembly complex to build a new ship. Any ideas here? Any help would be much appreciate as this mod looks absolutely a wonderful enhancement to KSP. Thanks in advance!

Screen_Shot_2016_09_26_at_1_58_57_PM.png

Not a noob question at all :)  just post your player.log here so I can get a better look at what is going on.  I have never had this issue (I also don't use osx)  and you are the first to bring it to my attention.  So yeah,  just send me your logs and I'll see if I can figure out what the issue is.  I would recommend trying a fresh copy of ksp and see if the issue persists. 

Edited by Galileo

7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Not a noob question at all :)  just post your player.log here so I can get a better look at what is going on.  I have never had this issue (I also don't use osx)  and you are the first to bring it to my attention.  So yeah,  just send me your logs and I'll see if I can figure out what the issue is.  I would recommend trying a fresh copy of ksp and see if the issue persists. 

Before I send you spending your time tearing through logs I will try a completely clean isntall of KSP again first. Being so new I'm trying to go through everything and find out what is compatible with current version stuff as initially I installed a bunch of stuff that is broken in current versions. 

On 9/24/2016 at 8:34 PM, MadMate said:

Yeah, when I join the game Scatter thing on the top left working but as you see in the game screenshots there are no any clouds or something like those,

I just take the folder in the rar and putted in the gamedata folder ... C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SVE HR 1.0.81

just for information I installed this mod and it works, at least clouds ; 

I think I see the problem, and it's the way you are unpacking the RAR. You need to dig into it until you find another Gamedata folder... it think it's only a single layer, maybe two, down from where you are. Inside that Gamedata folder is four (IIRC) folders that constitute the actual mod. Remove the EVE install you just indicated you did before you try again though... this mod includes the version of EVE you need, and the last thing you need is a file conflict as well.

Functioning now on a totally clean install. Though a lot more demanding than expected! I installed hi res and it wrecked my framerate on a 15" retina macbook pro with 2.6 quad i7. Though I only have 8gb of ram in this thing. Installed med-res instead and now adding mods one by one to test functionality. 

Edited by dogma

51 minutes ago, dogma said:

Before I send you spending your time tearing through logs I will try a completely clean isntall of KSP again first. Being so new I'm trying to go through everything and find out what is compatible with current version stuff as initially I installed a bunch of stuff that is broken in current versions. 

I may have spoken too soon. Still crashing on each attempt to enter rocket assembly building. I can't find player.log, only ksp.log. Little help here please so I can get you the correct file.

Ok, I think I may have narrowed it down a bit. Clean install completely it seems to work no issue. As soon as module manager 2.6.25 is added to the mix i get crashes. 

Now running with 7 to 8 additional mods and no issues. As long as I keep module manager out it seems to play nice. 

Edited by dogma

Unfortunately,  I need MM for all of my mods except this one.  Hopefully this has been addressed in the mm thread and will be fixed in 1.2.  I have experienced crashes too but I just figured it was all of the crazy things I was doing with kopernicus.  

Edited by Galileo

10 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Interesting - that may explain the crashes I've been having as well. Have you posted about your findings over on the MM thread?

No I haven't yet. Going to experiment with some other stuff today. I do finally have it all working with MM installed as well. But there was NO rhyme or reason why it started all the sudden. I must have done 15 clean installs and rebuilds yesterday. Each time I would load the game if it worked I'd copy the entire game folder to save a functional version then add another mod and rinse repeat. Took me 5+hours total but I found a combination that hasn't excrements the bed yet. Problem was it was totally random. I had all the mods installed and functional without MM and figured screw it I'll try one more time to throw MM over the top and sure enough it worked. 

I can't be the only one, so I thought I would share.  Yesterday I was driving down the highway when I noticed how clear and blue the sky looked. There were a few puffy cumulus clouds up high that were so white they almost glowed. Beneath them, resembling cotton candy or angel hair, were wispy bands with a light yellow tint. I remember thinking to myself the sky looks just like something from SVE.  I definitely play KSP too much. 

14 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

I can't be the only one, so I thought I would share.  Yesterday I was driving down the highway when I noticed how clear and blue the sky looked. There were a few puffy cumulus clouds up high that were so white they almost glowed. Beneath them, resembling cotton candy or angel hair, were wispy bands with a light yellow tint. I remember thinking to myself the sky looks just like something from SVE.  I definitely play KSP too much. 

And this, Gal, is the most glowing recommendation for your mod yet, I think.

10/10 - would recreate reality again.

13 minutes ago, hieywiey said:

Can anyone explain these strange graphical glitches in map/main/tracking view?VyL4foF.png

That is caused by svt not sve.  I assume you are on a Mac or using Linux. This is a known issue. Read back a few pages and check the SVT thread for potential fixes 

Edited by Galileo

55 minutes ago, plaguewolf said:

so is there a fix, or is it just a "meh. it only affects linux" issue?

cause i was stoked for SVE, now im kinda miffed.

IT'S NOT SVE. JUST SVT.  you can still use SVE just fine. As for the issue with SVT,  its meh. It's an issue between kopernicus and opengl. I have no control over it.  You can,  like I told others earlier, look a few pages back and on the SVT thread for the potential solutions others have posted.  I can't say whether the proposed fixes work.  I only use Windows so I can't test them. That's best answer I can give you. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.