[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

5 minutes ago, MetaframeNL said:

I guess its gonna be a pain to update SVE to 1.2 isn't it? Cant wait for it :)

No it wont be bad at all i just havent played on 1.2 yet :) i could have it done already but i want to wait until 1.2 officially drops. MAYBE i will have a same day release as 1.2. Just finding the correct files for EVE is going to be the hard part. There are a lot of dll's and shaders floating around. Maybe @blackrack can link the most up to date EVE here?   

Edited by Galileo

46 minutes ago, Galileo said:

No it wont be bad at all i just havent played on 1.2 yet :) i could have it done already but i want to wait until 1.2 officially drops. MAYBE i will have a same day release as 1.2. Just finding the correct files for EVE is going to be the hard part. There are a lot of dll's and shaders floating around. Maybe @blackrack can link the most up to date EVE here?   

I will make a new one, fixing the map view thing, but probably on sunday or monday.

On 7/7/2016 at 8:50 AM, Galileo said:

0EHvMtp.png

What is this?

This gives your stock KSP a bit of eye candy! It is no longer a port of RVE as I am creating all of the textures myself :) 

What Currently has Enhancements?

As of now, Kerbin, Eve, Duna, Laythe, and Jool all have Visual Enhancements be it clouds, atmosphere effects, or city lights (in Kerbin's case). Future development is going to focus on all of the stock planetary bodies that have atmosphere and then I will proceed to work on non-atmospheric bodies. Once all of that is done, I will return to all of the planets (at least most of them) and will hopefully get them custom terrain and ocean textures (if applicable).

Are you planning on adding anything else?

Yes! I hope to eventually get every planet enhanced but that will take time. Fortunately, I have plenty of that!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Known Issues:

• Zooming/flying past a certain altitude might cause a very rough visual transition in some cases.
  • City night and day textures showing up double. Waiting on EVE fix
  • General scatterer visual bugs. Blackrack is working on getting these issues fixed. Be patient

Important Information:

• All credit for this project goes to Nhawks17 and his original development of SVE. Without it, this would not be here :D
  • Yes Nhawks17 knows I'm developing it. He let me take it over!
  • This is designed to be used alongside the latest version of Scatterer. I'm designing it to look best with this installed so it may look off to you if you do not use it.
  • This mod includes Texture Replacer, if you dont want it and the awesomeness it delivers, just delete the Texture Replacer folder.
  • I LOVE SCREENSHOTS!

wsbmKna.png

-Added .version file
-Updated license

- scatterer tweaks
- better cloud detail

-tweaked the clouds shadows to work much better with Stock Visual Terrain

-New Jool texture
-Fixed seams on Eve
-New volumetric clouds
-Other minor fixes

**DO NOT INSTALL EVE SEPERATELY, EVERYTHING IS BUNDLED IN THIS DOWNLOAD**

Download Link

xO68iAc.jpg

ALTERNATE CLOUD CONFIG. TO GET RID OF CLOUD SHADOWS. THIS WILL FIX THE ARTIFACTING ON THE LIGHTS ON THE LAUNCH PAD AND THE ARTIFACTING ON THE LANDING GEAR.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fe4ydyoew220xx/clouds.cfg?dl=0

Need help installing this? Either check the README.txt file in the download or:

Installation Instructions:
1. Download the latest release of SVE (High, Medium, or Low Resolution version) from Github
2. Extract the contents of the zip file into your Gamedata

**DO NOT INSTALL EVE SEPERATELY, EVERYTHING IS BUNDLED IN THIS DOWNLOAD**

Recommended Mods:

Stock Visual Terrain http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/143828-stock-visual-terrain/#comment-2676888
Galileo's Sun Flares http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/138919-113-14-galileos-sun-flares/
PlanetShine http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87012-11-planetshine-v025-stable-v05-experimental-4-april-2015/ 
Texture Replacer http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/96851-11-texturereplacer-2413-442016/

This mod is licensed by CC BY-NC-ND

Want to contribute to my coffee fund?

donate-button.jpg

Dear Galileo, none of what I am about to say is satire. I merely wish to state my views on art and how I think should evolve over time.

You are a gentleman and a scholar. I admire the work that you've done and only wish I could do the things you do. I have been away from the forums for almost 2 years, but that's not to say that my passion for KSP has waned a single day (I'll explain all the stale smelly 2009 memes). I have never stopped playing. Today, I am happy to say that not only do I have more time in my life, but also inspiration from people like yourself to continue to work on the old forgotten cancer that AVP is and bring it back to its former glory. :) 

My pack started off as just a few files I wanted to change, simply because at the time no one else did. All of the files which I include in my pack I made from scratch with my hand. To create some files I did use textures I found online to help start off the creation of my textures. While few of those have only undergone several iterations of formatting to work with the game, the vast majority came from countless hours of work for every single texture. I have invested my blood, sweat, and tears to make the pack my own, and to say the least, I hereby depose that I have never used a single texture from any other visual pack.

However, there is this one small thing that I wish to address that has come to my attention. When I was using your pack some aspects felt familiar. Very familiar. Upon closer inspection, I quickly found out that a lot of assets originate from my visual pack, as well as other packs (please correct me if I'm wrong) that have existed for around 2 years.

"This gives your stock KSP a bit of eye candy! It is no longer a port of RVE as I am creating all of the textures myself"

This is simply not true. Well, the first statement is true, but you forgot to mention just how many textures you have taken from my pack.

I will believe you if you say you have done minor edits to my assets, but for that to make it fair to say that you've created all of these textures while providing 0 credit and asking people to donate is downright contemptuous.

I believe your plan is to make your own versions of all the textures, which if you do I have no more words to say besides that I respect you, as well as your decision to use these assets as they fall under the license which I had included in my pack. However my upcoming release will fall under a different license. I just wanted to ensure there won't be any unnecessary demurrer over an issue of such prima facie nature. I have no intention of telling you what to do, but I really rather not™ let this go on unnoticed. If you are wondering if I am ever going to hold you up for this, my answer is no: That's what stale memes are for.

On that note, all the programming work you've done is really out there on a whole different level, and on behalf of the KSP community I must express just how awesome it is to be alive at such a time of our technological achievement and your artistic feat! Let me know if you need advice on how I made my textures. Keep me posted.

13 minutes ago, Astronomer said:

-SNIP-

Um.. astronomer returns?

WHAT WITCHERY IS THIS?!

anyways back on topic.. :

1. you not included that smoosh video.... (Moderators can take it down due to the content shown)

2. if you say so i would be interested in the evidence :)

Also : 

So your topic is kinda invalid.

Edited by Joshwoo70

6 minutes ago, Astronomer said:

Dear Galileo, none of what I am about to say is satire. I merely wish to state my views on art and how I think should evolve over time.

You are a gentleman and a scholar. I admire the work that you've done and only wish I could do the things you do. I have been away from the forums for almost 2 years, but that's not to say that my passion for KSP has waned a single day (I'll explain all the stale smelly 2009 memes). I have never stopped playing. Today, I am happy to say that not only do I have more time in my life, but also inspiration from people like yourself to continue to work on the old forgotten cancer that AVP is and bring it back to its former glory. :) 

My pack started off as just a few files I wanted to change, simply because at the time no one else did. All of the files which I include in my pack I made from scratch with my hand. To create some files I did use textures I found online to help start off the creation of my textures. While few of those have only undergone several iterations of formatting to work with the game, the vast majority came from countless hours of work for every single texture. I have invested my blood, sweat, and tears to make the pack my own, and to say the least, I hereby depose that I have never used a single texture from any other visual pack.

However, there is this one small thing that I wish to address that has come to my attention. When I was using your pack some aspects felt familiar. Very familiar. Upon closer inspection, I quickly found out that a lot of assets originate from my visual pack, as well as other packs (please correct me if I'm wrong) that have existed for around 2 years.

"This gives your stock KSP a bit of eye candy! It is no longer a port of RVE as I am creating all of the textures myself"

This is simply not true. Well, the first statement is true, but you forgot to mention just how many textures you have taken from my pack.

I will believe you if you say you have done minor edits to my assets, but for that to make it fair to say that you've created all of these textures while providing 0 credit and asking people to donate is downright contemptuous.

I believe your plan is to make your own versions of all the textures, which if you do I have no more words to say besides that I respect you, as well as your decision to use these assets as they fall under the license which I had included in my pack. However my upcoming release will fall under a different license. I just wanted to ensure there won't be any unnecessary demurrer over an issue of such prima facie nature. I have no intention of telling you what to do, but I really rather not™ let this go on unnoticed. If you are wondering if I am ever going to hold you up for this, my answer is no: That's what stale memes are for.

On that note, all the programming work you've done is really out there on a whole different level, and on behalf of the KSP community I must express just how awesome it is to be alive at such a time of our technological achievement and your artistic feat! Let me know if you need advice on how I made my textures. Keep me posted.

Would you mind clarifying where you suspect elements have been pulled from? I've worked closely with Galileo since transitioning SVE development from myself to him and I have a very hard time believing he would wrongly claim work that was not his.... I could be mistaken but from what I've seen, I would think his claims were true :confused:

P.S. All love from my end, your visual packs are what got me interested in starting SVE originally (and of course RVE) and working to make the game look as great as your packs did in the old days.

5 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Would you mind clarifying where you suspect elements have been pulled from? I've worked closely with Galileo since transitioning SVE development from myself to him and I have a very hard time believing he would wrongly claim work that was not his.... I could be mistaken but from what I've seen, I would think his claims were true :confused:

P.S. All love from my end, your visual packs are what got me interested in starting SVE originally (and of course RVE) and working to make the game look as great as your packs did in the old days.

Agreed with NHawks. he was the one ( i think?) that started SVE.

13 minutes ago, Joshwoo70 said:

Um.. astronomer returns?

WHAT WITCHERY IS THIS?!

anyways back on topic.. :

1. you should probably not included that smoosh video....

2. if you say so i would be interested in the evidence :)

1. Astronomer's Visual Pack vs Smosh? Who cares - roughly the same age.

2. I would love to, but I don't want to turn this into a bigger incident than it actually is. Was this good practice on his part? No. Do I have evidence? Yes. Is it fair to at least let him say his piece first? Yes. Could this all be one big misunderstanding? Possibly. Do I have OCD? Maybe.

EDIT: Thanks for bringing that to my attention, first time I saw that thread.

Edited by Astronomer

2 minutes ago, Astronomer said:

1. Astronomer's Visual Pack vs Smosh? Who cares - roughly the same age.

2. I would love to, but I don't want to turn this into a bigger incident than it actually is. Was this good practice on his part? No. Do I have evidence? Yes. Is it fair to at least let him say his piece first? Yes. Could this all be one big misunderstanding? Possibly. Do I have OCD? Maybe.

Show it to us and prove that it is yours. (Actions speak louder than words.)

1. Wrong you can bee taken down for the content.

PS: downloading the original pack. having a look at it myself.

Edited by Joshwoo70

4 minutes ago, Astronomer said:

I don't want to turn this into a bigger incident than it actually is.

That was some dramatic writing to match your intent. It may have been better to call him a liar in private first before doing so in public.

That aside, I'm looking forward to what comes Beyond Kerbal. :) 

3 minutes ago, Joshwoo70 said:

Okay i see NO LINK

http://imgur.com/a/a9PTs

first one is Astronomer's

Second one is SVE latest.

Argument is invalid. topic about stollen assets closed.

cc @Astronomer

anyways intrested for your return :)

I don't think looking at one image makes his statement invalid. I would personally request that any further information on this subject be in private between Galileo and Astronomer as this can start unnecessary drama and the moderators might swoop in on the thread.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.